3D Artwork: WFC Rodimus

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by TFchronos, Mar 26, 2015.

1. celticgaurdian

celticgaurdian Clean-up Crew

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

I'm color blind. I wasn't sure if that was green or yellow. I know it's not purple because those aren't colors I typically mix up.

3. TFchronos

TFchronos Warrior of Cybertron

YouTube:
    I went with a lime green because I wanted them to be different. I had also seen a couple of pics where they had green accents. One of which was a re-color of the wfc characters here of tfw a while back. I liked it and thought I would carry it over in the full glow for mine, this was only for fun.

I'll see about getting a few renders with a purple glow effect for you Saberprime. :) 

4. celticgaurdian

celticgaurdian Clean-up Crew

Ah. My apologies

5. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

Welp. My bad.

6. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

Just to clarify more, if you made the glow blue or pink then I probably wouldn't have noticed that it's the wrong color. Blue, purple, and pink I constantly mix up because I can't really tell the difference. Though typically lighter shades of blue look pink while darker shades look purple so I have a better chance of noticing the difference if you use pink.

7. TFchronos

YouTube:
    Alright here's what I've been up to this past week. A short (very short) video of Rodimus transforming. First rig and animation in Blender in around a year, I'm still rusty when it comes to animation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W69kAtOFAbw

I'll see about getting a couple other videos up with different view points later on tomorrow along with the adjusted SG renders. :) 

Pretty much wraps up this project, I think I'll model some cannon fod. . . err I mean Decepticlones for them to "play" with :D  Either that or start on Motormaster, what do you guys think?

Thanks for looking, comments always welcome.

8. ShadowElite217

ShadowElite217 ShadowSpark

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    THAT WAS ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!! =D I love it.

9. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

Really enjoyed seeing Hot Rod in motion but damn that was short. I want to see more!

On the other hand I also kind of want to see more renders so I'm torn between getting more models done or seeing longer animations. I guess I kind of want to see the animations more but not a whole lot you can do with them without some Decepticons to fight.

10. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    That was beautiful!

11. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

Always did like the FoC and TFP designs for them. I think you should do the Decepticlones/vehicon troops first. Think it might be possible to do some low/med-poly versions too?
    [​IMG]

http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...posite-to=*,*|1024:576&background-color=black

[​IMG]

I'm torn on Motormaster. Then again, Devastation is coming out so he might be ripped by someone.

12. TFchronos

YouTube:
    Thanks for the kind words on the video. I don't have a lot of time under my belt animating, I'm glad you all liked it.

I wanted to have another sort of behind the scenes video up but it's taking a little longer than expected to get ready. So for now I thought I would post some new images of the SG colors with a purple glow effect for Saberprime. None of just Rodimus and the car yet, the car needs to be re-colored, I didn't save it apparently.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As for my next project I really want to do Motormaster because I've got some plans for him. But at the same time I got ideas for clones as well so maybe I'll start both and see which one goes faster.

13. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    do you have these poses in the brighter lighting setting?

14. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Looking absolutely fantastic man! I think it looked fine with green though, contrasted nicely with the dark and purple hues of the SG bots. Make them look less like evil Decepticon clones too. :) 

...Did...Did you really just post a multi-paragraph breakdown on how wrong it is for an alternate universe to have different colors...? TFChronos is a pretty cool dude for obliging that honestly.

15. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Holy fuck! I disappear for a minute and you finish this and make an awesome video! I literally exclaimed "Holy fuck! " when I saw that video. I like this so much I want a toy!

16. TFchronos

YouTube:
    Not on hand but I'll see about getting a few more renders up. He did end up a little darker than I thought he would.

Thanks Ra88!

Thanks Rexidus, I'm exploring a new venture that "might" (and that's heavily stressed) might make that a possibility. It's still in the very early stages and there's a lot of stuff to look into. But if possible I really would like to see it happen and make a few of these designs into toys and model kits. :) 

17. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

Um... no... The alternate universe is suppose to have different colors, that's how they were designed. I wrote a post explaining how the red and purple of that universe has always been swapped from the main universe. What post are you reading?

Did you really just write a post complaining about my one little nit pick when most of my comments in this thread have been positive. It's called constructive criticism and you aren't even the artist so calm down.

18. Toasted Roasted Peanuts

Toasted Roasted Peanuts Member

• Like Like x 1
  19. Diablotron2247

Diablotron2247 Well-Known Member

Any reuploads?

20. DerVernichter

DerVernichter Well-Known Member