3D Artwork: WFC Rodimus

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by TFchronos, Mar 26, 2015.

1. TFchronos

TFchronos Warrior of Cybertron

YouTube (Legacy):
    Few more renders, more art work like but with a little more vivid coloring. :) 

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking, group renders with Magnus and Prime later on.

2. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

Now THAT is Rodimus Prime! His design just oozes power like Optimus Prime did in FoC and WfC. Great job!

3. TFchronos

YouTube (Legacy):
    Thanks, of all the Rodimus designs it's my favorite.

Here's a couple of group shots.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. ShadowElite217

ShadowElite217 ShadowSpark

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Who has two thumbs and approves these pictures...This guy. :) 

5. RobotKnight95

RobotKnight95 Unamused and Insane

News Credits:
    I think BW Megatron's famous "YES!" perfect conveys how amazing this is.

6. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    if i was goro, i'd rip baraka in half in the honor of this awesome design. its that amazing

7. The Mad Demobot

Really digging WFC Magnus here. Looks a lot better than the Magnus in FoC. The head you have looks like it could be more expressive than the one the developers provided for this game.
    [​IMG]

8. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Sweet didn't know you did magnus too. They all look great together. And yeah I definitely like the brighter colors on Hotrod.

That'd be because just like his hotrod, chron based his magnus design on the DS games artwork:

[​IMG]

Which yeah many of those ds game designs are way nicer than the ones High Moon came up with for FoC.

9. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Not really sure about the weapons. I mean I know you drew inspiration from Animated but I don't really think the Bow fits in with the WfC/FoC weapons. The hammer actually works because of things like Optimus' axe but the bow doesn't really fit at all. I just can't picture a weapon like that existing in this universe.

10. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Holy friggin' geezus!

11. TFchronos

YouTube (Legacy):
    Thank you for the kind and awesome words everyone.

I got the alt done and I would have posted it sooner but my hard drive died a few days ago and didn't get the new one until yesterday.

Here's a few renders, I'll start working on the transformation rig next. Should be fun, I haven't done a transform rig in Blender for a while.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Orthographic's to serve as blueprints in anyone wants to model it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And a couple of bot and alt renders.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking!

12. ShadowElite217

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'd say officially Cybertron worthy.

P.S. Hey Chronos, Let's give them a demolition derby. This is my own design of Kup.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  13. TFchronos

YouTube (Legacy):
    Awesome design Shadow, now all we need are a few Sharkticons lol.

Someday, later on down the road I'd like to try modeling my own version of Kup too.

14. TFchronos

YouTube (Legacy):
    Hello everyone, sorry for my absence but you all know how life can be sometimes.

Anyway I wanted to give a little update on Rodimus and a few renders just because I can. :D 

First off is a couple of viewport images, one of the new more animator friendly rig and low poly model for animating.

[​IMG]

A preview of the new transforming rig for the alt, it's almost ready for animating. Making use of the bone colors feature, something I've not done to this point lol.

[​IMG]

And finally, just because I can a small tribute to his evil side from the Shattered Glass line.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And with Magnus (I know) and Optimus colored up. I know these colors are different from the SG Magnus. I changed him up to make him go for a little more meaner and evil look.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking, I'll try to have a transformation video up next time.

15. ShadowElite217

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I know I do this a lot. BUT THIS IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! (insert crowd cheer*) Seriously Chronos my mind has exploded...I needed that =P I have a friend who is a fan of TF SG and I'm defiantly going to show him these. You've outdone yourself buddy. Just...wow =D

16. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    Beautiful.

17. TFchronos

YouTube (Legacy):
    Thanks Shadow and Sean, for the kind and awesome words.

18. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

The Energon glow should be Decepticon Purple not what ever color that is.

19. The Mad Demobot

It honestly doesn't matter too much since we never see any wfc designs for SG. I think green's okay.

20. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Why does it matter that we never see any WFC Designs for SG? We already have an established way that SG Color schemes work so it doesn't matter what universe we have or haven't seen SG Designs for... except for the Beast Era and maybe the Bayverse as those are the only two fictions that don't stick to the same color pattern.

In every single Transformers fiction except for the two I've already singled out, the Autobots are always Red and the Decepticons are always Purple. The Shattered Glass universe reverses the colors so that the Autobots become Purple and the Decepticons become Red.

In WfC/FoC their glow lines are specifically set up to always match the color of their insignia. Once again Autobots are always red while Decepticons are always Purple. In the SG universe, it has been established that these colors would be flipped so SG Autobots should have Purple glow lines. Green isn't even a color that anyone uses so that kind of comes out no where.

For the two exceptions that I mentioned, the Maximal insignia is the only heroic insignia that is not red. I'm not really sure what color the Predacon or Vehicon insignias are but I imagine like the other insignias that their colors would be reversed making the BW Maximals switch to the Predacon color and the BM Maximals switch to the Vehicon color. And vice versa.

The Bayverse insignias tend to be silver but that's usually just for the logo while the actual insignias on the characters themselves don't really have any kind of uniformed color. This is probably the only universe where you can't just swap the colors around since they don't all share the same universal coloring like the characters in every other universe. In this case you could really do anything you want with them since there's no basis for how they would be recolored.

WfC/FoC there is a basis for the recoloring already established. It's just like the fact that every main universe Optimus Prime is red and blue so his SG counterpart being Purple and Black established the color scheme for all other SG Optimus Primes to follow. The only really odd ones again are Primal and the Bayverse. Primal because outside of his first incarnation he doesn't really keep the red and blue color scheme going. Optimal Optimus has orange which is not typically an Optimus color. Bayverse also has the protoform Optimus and the Rusty Optimus who look more like Ultra Magnus than Optimus Prime so not sure how those would be recolored when there's no red to become purple and no blue to become black.

The difficult ones to make SG versions with are the ones that don't have a shared color scheme threw out multiple main universes. Starscream is difficult to pin down because his SG Colors are based on main universe Jetfire. What if you're trying to recolor a Starscream from a universe where Jetfire doesn't exist? What colors do you use then? The same could be said of Cyclonus who's SG colors are based on the main universe Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime. What about Armada Cyclonus? Rodimus doesn't come in till Energon and by that time he's been upgraded into Snowcat so does Snowcat use Rodimus' color scheme?

Another difficult one to do are characters who don't already have established SG counterparts. You can do pretty much anything you want with those characters since we have no clue what they're suppose to look like. For example we have not seen any SG Maximals. We have seen the SG versions of the Darksyde crew so technically we have seen Dinobot but he's still a Predacon at that point. Optimus Primal, again I can assume at least in his original form that he maintains the purple and black color scheme of Optimus Prime. For Cheetor, Rhinox, and Rattrap we have no way of knowing what their SG counterparts would look like because there is no basis for how they're suppose to be colored. Cheetor kind of reminds of Hot Rod so I kind of imagine him being recolored in a similar way but you might picture something completely different. Until we see an official SG Cheetor we can do whatever we want to him.

Characters who already have established color swaps we kind of have to go with the official method. In this case, red becomes Purple.