WFC Kingdom Voyager Optimus Primal

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Hobbes-timus Prime, Dec 26, 2020.

1. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    Actually, since in the show Primal occasionally closed the faceplate gap as a battle mask, the full faceplate is both toy and toon accurate.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Also known as Cheese House

News Credits:
    I believe he actually only did it a couple times, oddly enough. Once when he went put to save Dinobot while the Axalon was taking off, and once while in the rigged stasis pod.

• Like Like x 1
  3. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Picked him up, not bad. Some improvements, some things worsen. Can't stand the monkey toes, but love the new arm cannons. Glorified deluxe, but I get why.

4. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My GameStop PO finally got released! He’s neat, and I’m glad they gave the munky face a kind of menacing grimace instead of just a boring gaze. Most of the joints are tight as hell, but functional. And, the munky mode articulation takes some getting used to but seems to have potential. I feel like this is the only munky Primal I’ll ever need. I never got any of the organic looking Primals in the past, so, it’s nice to have one now with modern articulation and features. The swords, shoulder blasters and hand blasters are all nice touches.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Necromaster

Necromaster FEAR ME MORTALS

News Credits:
    I've got a grand total of four Kingdom figures by now (Cheetor, Blackarachnia, Paleotrex and Primal) and out of all of them Primal is easily my favorite. Where Cheetor has that tab that's doomed to break and my copies of Blackarachnia and Paleotrex feel like they have some tabbing issues with their weapon and the robot mode waist and chestplate respectively, Primal just feels good to handle. The transformation scheme is smooth as butter, and both the upright and quadrupedal formations for the gorilla mode look great. If you've got Paleotrex, you can render Primal every bit as well armed as his original toy was. I have only a few complaints-- 1: the issue of the paint rubbing off the thighs (hasn't happened on mine yet, but give it time), 2: the fact that you can't take out or put away the shoulder cannons without opening the entire torso up, and 3: No Mutant Mask accessory/alternate head. Shapeways, please help a bro out.

6. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Pics or it's not true. :p 

The closest he can get is "Oppa Gangnam Style" pose.

20210203_185823.jpg

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  7. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Primal's new slippers.
    20210202_202325.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  8. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    Aside from the less posable gorilla mode, the original toy and Robot Masters toy did everything better

Speaking of, has anyone figured out how to prevent the paint chipping on his legs when you transform him?

9. pegasusprime

pegasusprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i dont think so he got much more articulation, better proportions, wrist guns on both arms , accurate head sculpt is able to be put on 2 legs or 4 legs

10. Spicytron

Spicytron Well-Known Member

Okay, being honest, I didn't see the text of this message, just the start of the picture, and at first I thought "Oh, that's a nice imposing pose" Then I got down farther where he was straddling... Not sure who that is, but ala Gungam style.

I feel like I was tricked, ha ha

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I own all three and no they do not.

The original toy is great, don't get me wrong. Huge, hefty, solid, and gimmick-laden, but it's hardly the best looking gorilla out there and said gorilla is quite limited in posability. The robot mode is nice but the proportions are much more mecha and dynamic, which is all well and good (great if you ask me) but not what Optimus was in the show. It's also much more kibble-laden, and the swords are comically undersized. The articulation also isn't the greatest. The Robot Masters toy is all that, just smaller, with more accurate arm cannons but an even dopier looking gorilla mode and a pretty boring sculpt all around.

This toy has the show's proportions, better articulation than both, better swords, better face sculpt, infinitely better gorilla sculpt, and is the perfect size. The Ultra still stays on my shelf for the shear presence, but the RM (technically Telemocha) is relegated to the "other" shelf of various post-series one-offs and oddities. Kingdom Primal commands the Generations BW shelf, though, and I can't wait to get Megatron.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    I don't have to worry about breaking anything or chipping paint on any previous Optimus Primal, that's a huge step down

Plus those arm cannons are pathetically dinky. Even Robot Masters did them better

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Clearly you’ve never owned Robot Masters Primal, because that toy feels like it’s going to snap it’s so flimsy. And it’s arm cannons aren’t really that much better, though I do like that they have the flap, they make the arms look awful when not deployed. The ass kibble is also loose and annoying.

Also you didn’t have to worry about paint rubbing on those two because they barely had any paint to start with. :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Finally found my Munkky. While I love the original toy and enjoyed the Robotmasters, this one just does everything better. Feels super robust too, like I could hamfist transform it blindfolded, throw it at the wall and it would be just fine. I feel like it takes the best of both of the previous Primals, a pinch of the MP adds a bit of its own flair and the results are marvelous. If they release one with a fully masked face, I’ll buy it all over again. Nine out of ten bananas.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    So they had better plastic sprue distribution, is what you’re saying

Earthrise Optimus is far from the only offender in that regard: it’s become a regular occurrence

16. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    :lol  that's a toy from a game called Apex Legends. I bought it because it's a cool looking robot dude. though I know absolutely nothing about the game.

17. Spicytron

Spicytron Well-Known Member

You seem determined to be a bit of a salty peanut on this figure, and I admit to be heftily curious; why?

I knew that robot looked familiar! But I withheld declarations until I was certain to avoid arousing suspicions that I might, in fact, be a moron.

• Like Like x 2
  18. G1Optimal

G1Optimal Autobot

News Credits:
    Ethier that or participating in an episode of Sliders

• Like Like x 1
  19. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Definitely a fun one. The chest is a bit tight to pull apart, but I love all the weapons and gimmicks, especially the arm guns.

13741890-BE69-49AD-8C8C-30110BBDB79D.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  20. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I was looking forward to getting this figure, and now that I have it...I feel oddly disappointed...It seems like a nice figure, I want to like it...But I find myself having more issues with it then I normally would with a figure I like.

The torso transformation is horrible...I feel like the toy is going to break every single time. I can't even tell what causes it to lock in so tight like that, but it just doesn't feel good. Makes me want to avoid transforming the figure as much as possible.

The hinged fingers are pointless. Unlike with ER Prime, you can't really utilize them to any degree for holding on to things, his thumbs get in the way. He really can only hold things via the usual peg system.

His knee tabs don't work. This may just be my copy, but the tabs that are suppose to connect his knees in robot-mode seem to be more of a concept then a function.

I donno...I don't want to dislike the figure, but it's making it fairly hard for me to like it...Maybe if I spend more time with it I'll warm up to it, but man...I can't deny I feel rather let down.

Looks nice...It's a very nice looking, well sculpted, figure...So there is that I suppose.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021