WFC Kingdom Voyager Dinobot

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Actar, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Same issue with the gaps at the middle of the thighs in raptor mode. In the first transformation they locked solidly. After the 2nd one, the gapping appeared.
    There's no really any fix for that?

2. Dinocon93

Dinocon93 Dinobot Warrior

Anyone also have an issue where one of the Raptor legs not being able to line up with the other. Like it sticks out a little make the beast mode a little lopsided when standing.

The lack of thigh swivels in Beast mode really sucks. Articulation for Beast mode should have been a priority over that stupid show accurate chest piece. This seems more like a glorified R.E.D figure with how much the botched the beast mode. I can see why they went half ass on the Grimlock repaint. Retool this guy with better looking posable Raptor mode before any other redecos happen.

Even if that doesn’t happen I still hope Dinomus has more than the card cause Dinobot needs more exposure in the franchise so he can have more figures made. I really don’t want to wait another 12 years for another underwhelming toy of him. He needs to be milked like Seige Megatron.

Last edited: May 26, 2021
  3. OJ Magnus

OJ Magnus New Member

Hey made an account because I wanted to address the concern with the thigh halves not pinning together. I use Sally Hansen Hard As Nails, it's like a clear nail polish, on the pegs and then slot them in and hold it for about 15 seconds, then let it cure for a few hours, then use something like a flathead screwdriver to disconnect the 2 halves to break the polish and it thickens the slot the pegs go into so they tab in securely when you next transform him. Just my 2 cents.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MadMaximus

MadMaximus Well-Known Member

Has anyone experience the upgrade kit that is everywhere on ebay? It's got the stonehammer and gap fillers

• Like Like x 2
  5. Shattered Trousers

Shattered Trousers That thing Ratchet needed.

News Credits:
    Yeah, I just put the gap fillers in today. :) 

I really like the texturing on the gap fillers, they look great installed.

20210531_034444.jpg

The stone hammer is really nice looking and fits great in Dinobot's hand. It's such an iconic weapon, I'm very glad it exists for this modern Dinobot toy.
    (Shoutout to my mate Kaz, for making this stunning environment.)

20210531_035432.jpg

20210531_034602.jpg

The golden disk grips are a very tight fit into Dinobot's hand ports and I'm a little nervous about pushing the disks too hard into the grips. They don't feel like they'll flex at all in this cold winter weather and I don't want to crack the plastic. They might soften up if I warm them a little.
    Fortunately, just putting the edges of the disks into the grips holds the disks nice and tight.

20210531_035503.jpg

20210531_034502.jpg

20210531_015834.jpg

I haven't installed the new beast mode claws yet, but I'm confident they'll be as good as the rest of this kit.

20210531_035414.jpg

~L~

• Like Like x 7
  6. Preach Starscream

Preach Starscream Well-Known Member

Shiny.

7. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    JP Raptor Harness.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  8. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 The best there is...

News Credits:
    Was thinking about getting this today. Is he good or evil?

9. TickTockGoesTheClock

TickTockGoesTheClock Dōmo arigatō, Mr Roboto.

News Credits:
    If you know anything about DND alignment charts, I'd say dinobot is Lawful Neutral.

10. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That doesn't seem right. If that were the case, then Dinobot should find it reasonable to side with Megatron at times.

Driven heavily by his own strict code of honour, I'd place him squarely in the realm of "lawful good". Just that he's a particularly irascible example of such. He's a bit tricky to peg down on those terms because when he's introduced, he acts more power hungry. Perhaps close to "true neutral" at the beginning, because he doesn't really act in favour of either faction, but purely in his own interests. It takes him a while to find his true convictions, but once he does, he's unwaveringly on Primal's side.

• Like Like x 3
  11. TickTockGoesTheClock

TickTockGoesTheClock Dōmo arigatō, Mr Roboto.

News Credits:
    True that. I was thinking more beginning where he sees the predacons as wrong but isn't guy sold on the maximals.

12. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme One of the longest handles in the fandom!

Ebay:
    Reading all the posts in the last 3 or 4 pages and I agree with every praise and criticism.

That said, I think this is the best mainline Beast Wars Dinobot to date without question. I LOVE the bot mode. The head sculpt and the chest especially which are two of the key aesthetic features of the character which no previous figure other than the MP got right. Heck, even the raptor head is spot on. A shame we couldn't get more paint because all the main bot mode show details are there as evidenced by pics in this thread by customizers who chose to accent them.

Yes, the raptor mode is the weaker mode and it's articulation is lacking. But it does the job adequately, mostly hiding the bronze bot parts, and what articulation is there does give you options, and a decent "about to pounce" pose. Those robot feet in the back are the main weak point though. If only they could increase the part count and add a twist to the feet so they could pair together and better merge with the tail.

I can definitely this mold being re-released with some minor color and head tweaks for a Jurassic park style three pack. Two raptors and a JP jeep. Heck, add an accessory head frill to make one look like a dilophosaurus. You know you want it.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Who's Number 2 now?
    DSCN6015.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  14. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Witcher.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You mean like when he betrays the Maximals and gives Megatron the golden disc?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Would Dinobot have been Honored?
    DSCN6026.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  17. James Raison

James Raison New Member

Just made an account because I was looking to see if anyone else had an issue with Dinobot's elbows (or knees I guess when in beast mode) being really loose. When in robot mode, I can't pose him properly because his right arm just fails at the elbow. Everything else is really tight as I just want to display it. Anyone have a solution? I've never messed around with a situation like this before.

• Like Like x 1
  18. pegasusprime

pegasusprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    is just luck some of my figures are like that qc issues are supper common even on masterpiece line, a lot of us have abandom that line due to that, at least here you dont pay that much

19. deaddude

deaddude Well-Known Member

Do you have any pictures of the new raptor hands? Thats the biggest thing I want to fix on mine, but honestly the new ones don't look great in pictures. I think they went to far in the other direction - they look positively tiny, as opposed to the huge flippers on the original - but I haven't seen any great pictures showing them off.

• Like Like x 1
  20. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

Welcome to the boards!

Unfortunately, due to that joint being pinned, your options are limited. The safest is probably to use a small amount of floor polish, and drip it into the joint. Allow it to dry, move it, and see if you need another coat. Important to note: Find a floor polish that is acrylic based. There was one called Future, but it has gone through some name changes, and is presently called Pledge Floor Gloss. Get an eye dropper from a drug store to help with precision, and go slow, like one drop at a time, so you don't make it overly goopy.
    I hope this helps! Here is an article about how model kit enthusiasts use the polish.
    Reader Tip: Pledge Floor Gloss or Future has new name | FineScale Modeler Magazine
    Screenshot_2021-07-20-13-33-01~2.png
    Screenshot_2021-07-20-13-28-10~2.png

• Like Like x 5