WFC KINGDOM - VOYAGER CLASS- RHINOX

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by GAUGE, May 24, 2021.

1. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1) T30 does have a waist swivel
    2) I guess I don't prioritize articulation as much as you but I do care about it. I just care more that the new Rhinox doesn't really look like Rhinox in comparison. Also the T30 has enough articulation to do nearly everything I'd want it to do, so a few extra points doesn't wow me.

• Like Like x 8
  2. cyberpredicus

cyberpredicus Well-Known Member

My reasons for sticking with the T30 Rhinox are the same. Plus IMHO, he looks much better than Kingdom in both modes.

• Like Like x 3
  3. ApocalypseThruster

ApocalypseThruster Local “Why aren’t they here?!” Poster

News Credits:
    Doing it again, it was definitely easier, and nothing's stressed. All I'll say though is READ AND MEMORIZE the instructions to the letter; anything goes the wrong way, and bad things happen.

• Like Like x 2
  4. twichy

twichy Well-Known Member

You knew my reasons for preferring T30!?!! Let's go places some bets... cuz you psychic.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Housewife2000

Housewife2000 Fandom, combine!

Not sure if this was intentional or not, but it looks a little to me like Rhinox has tweaked his alt more between T30 and Kingdom, going from a (sadly now extinct) White Rhino to a Black Rhino:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 19
  6. SearchmanDS

SearchmanDS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    After seeing all the head to head comparisons I think I'll stick with my T30 Rhinox for my Beast Wars/Kingdom collection. That being said if they do a McDonald's Rhino for the Kingdom mold I'd pick it up.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  7. Trevor Belmont

Trevor Belmont Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not psychic enough to place bets on random events. Your preferences on the other hand aren't random at all. Most of what you've said, was indeed expected by my interpretation of what people like about T30

8. computron179

computron179 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "FINE...first you love me now you hate me..OK Tankor it is then" 20210613_171425.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  9. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    I love how almost his entire rhino hide AND REAR FEET tuck in to his legs in bot mode. And his rhino legs in back have knee articulation that doubles as a transformation joint.

Not to mention he has *butt flaps* so his rhino alt is completely sealed up from every angle but directly underneath.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can honestly speak for myself, but I only really care for butterfly joints, etc on my MP figures. While I do care somewhat, just not to the point now where I'd switch from LG-EX Rhinox to Kingdom.

Also, I'm kinda surprised Kingdom is shorter than T30.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Cannibal869

Cannibal869 Lover of meat

thanks to all for these comparison images! Very helpful!
    Agree about the switch from white -> black rhino based on the supplied reference image.
    Still keeping my pre-order for Kingdom, but not sure if I'll just resell him after the fact.. Or maybe I'll let my son have his way with him and keep T30 for the shelf ;) :D :p 

yeah I think maybe I'll do that instead LOL

12. Slagwave

Slagwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [Apologies for the off-topic rhino info dump incoming...]

The white rhino isn't extinct, thank goodness! Tragically, the subspecies known as the Northern white rhinoceros is very nearly extinct (only 2 females left), however...

...the Southern white rhinoceros is still extant throughout central and southern Africa and, though still endangered, starting to make a comeback thanks to zoo breeding programs and intensive conversation measures in the wild. In fact, the Southern white rhino is the most numerous of the rhinoceros subspecies: Southern white rhinoceros - Wikipedia

Sorry for hijacking the thread! I've loved rhinos since I was 4 and always feel obligated to reassure people that the Southern white rhino -- my very favorite animal -- is still around. What a very sad world it would be, I feel, were it otherwise...

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 18
  13. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    Oh my god, it's based of how Rhinox looked in Forged to Fight lmao
    (Yes, I know it's in turn based off Generations Rhinox, but you gotta admit, the likeness is uncanny)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  14. Housewife2000

Housewife2000 Fandom, combine!

Very glad to hear it! That's great news - fingers crossed their numbers keep increasing.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    Yowzers, Kingdom Rhinox has the body profile of a bear more than a rhino!

Aside from some butterfly joints and toned knees, the new kid on the block doesn't have much going for him, in terms of improvements.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Deathy G1

Deathy G1 Sharp N Squishy

News Credits:
    It’s one of those toys I would classify as being “ok.” If you’re jonesing for some new plastic crack and you see him, he will scratch your itch. That’s about it.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Polar Claw retool when? :p 

• Like Like x 2
  18. Whatthechuck3

Whatthechuck3 Well-Known Member

Okay I was bound and determined to not buy this figure. It just did not look good in photos when compared to T30 Rhinox. Even though my T30 can barely stand and his thumb has chipped off, I just preferred his look. Especially the headsculpt. Then I saw the Kingdom figure in store. It looked A LOT better in my hands in the packaging, so I caved and bought it.

And I’m very glad I did! Yes, it’s a bit less screen accurate than the T30 figure in several ways. The headsculpt (as I mentioned) is more stylized with almost a younger look. For those who don’t like faux parts, this figure will not likely be a favorite due to its chest (though faux parts don’t bother me). The guns (as many have said) look more like pizza cutters than Gatling guns. And the worst problem of all probably is the transformation. It’s the most fiddly transformation on a mainline figure I’ve seen since the days of RID2000.

But the sculpt is gorgeous, and the poseability is far superior to his T30 counterpart! I have no worries of this one standing on its own. The painted details are great, especially the splotchy detail they’ve added to the shoulders. Even though the weapons are thin, that silver paint helps them stand out. The gold on his chest is frankly gorgeous!

Overall, I think most of his short comings will be subjective person to person. Not everyone will be put off by his more stylized look, but many will. That transformation is frustrating, so if you’re the type that likes to transform their figures more than “every now and then” you may want to stay away. But I think anyone else will find a lot to love with this take on our favorite farting, peace-loving Tankor-to-be. Now I swear I will NOT buy Kingdom Waspinator…T30 is great…I don’t have a problem…

side note: has anyone tried swapping heads with the T30? They’re both balljointed but idk if the ball joint is not the right size. I’m scared to take my Kingdom one off since it looks like it’ll have to be pried apart.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  19. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

This does look good, but like Waspinator, not good enough to justify replacing my perfectly good T30 version. It's cool though, that money will be spent on other Kingdom figures.

20. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl Koruption_Kosplay

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    For those who have both the T30 and Kingdom is there any possibility of swapping their heads?