WFC Kingdom Leader Megatron (Beast)

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Bumblejazz, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Trex window.png

• Like Like x 7
  2. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TLK Leader Megatron. Still my favorite blast effect – I keep the other one pegged into Siege Megatron's fusion cannon.

38ffd0b9-a77a-45d2-9fa4-547c90bb4d1c_1.7513668824650ea7210d13a120a7f792.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  3. computron179

computron179 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really like this megatron. He feels like a Leader should again with heft and bang for your buck. Hardest thing about him is the super stiff legs when transforming but doesn't feel like it will break anytime soon. I like him more then SS86 Grimlock and that's just crazy as im a G1 fan from the start.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    I survived the Ice Age!
    DSCN5457.JPG

• Like Like x 7
  5. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Tyrannosaurus Rex meaning Tyrant Lizard King!
    DSCN5485.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  6. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    TRex Chase.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  7. DaftRaider

DaftRaider Sir Not-a-Decepticon

News Credits:
    Oh... oh yes...

20210215_191405.jpg

Yes.

20210217_221342.jpg

Yesss...

20210216_200810.jpg

Kingdom knocking it out of the park so early in the year can only bode well for the rest of the line.

I was never a Beast Wars fan when growing up, only seeing the occasional episode on tv and only ever owning two toys from the line, Rattrap and Snapper. Earlier this year I decided to finally sit down and watch the series and I am now converted. If you'd told the me of six months ago that I would be this freakin' excited about owning Beast Wars Megatron I probably would've called you crazy. But now the purple dinosaur is here, and I love him, and he's already a contender for my figure of the year. I've barely transformed him out of beast mode since I love posing him so much in some amazingly organic looking stances.

20210217_221202.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  8. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    Got mine today....

Yes. YES. YEEEEEEESSSS!

I think this might be the best Leader class figure since the RotF era!

IMG_20210218_161016534.jpg

Everything feels solid, weighty, well engineered and well painted. There's functional articulation up the wazoo, and so much personality going on in both modes.

IMG_20210218_162712393.jpg

Some of the softer plastic on the tail halves etc is a bit of a pain to massage into place, but it hardly constitutes as an actual problem.

The attempt at a semi scientifically accurate Rex mode (binocular vision, stout neck, robust torso, strong musculature etc) is much appreciated too - a huge help in setting it apart from the MP.

IMG_20210218_162542098.jpg

Good scale too!

IMG_20210218_161408210.jpg

Gonna have to say "get it" if you see him, before he disappears from shelves/stock online. You'll regret it otherwise.

piZap_1613665100820.jpg

• Like Like x 17
  9. bbthatguy

bbthatguy New Member

Has anyone had this stress mark near the hip cannon? IMG_20210219_125031.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. Wh1tebase

Wh1tebase Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    You mean those 'SIDE GUNS'?
    not on my copy :( 

I hope all of em dont end up like that though

11. Rotek666

Rotek666 Well-Known Member

as I suspected when the pix first came out. Beast megs is beautiful and fragile apparently. anybody here with a complete wave of beasts that are problem free? Ive passed on all of them even though I really want to pick em up especially the big purple guy.

12. bbthatguy

bbthatguy New Member

Hope not too. I think I pushed on it too hard while trying to get the crotch pieces transformed. Tried the hairdryer method to remove the mark but I'm worried I might damage the soft rubbery plastic they used.

13. GrandPrix

GrandPrix Active Member

So I’m starting to get really worried about the tight hip separation for transformation. Like you REALLY have to put in force to get them to come apart and I’m pretty scared I’ll eventually just break him.

Read on here that if you try pulling from the back first the hips are easier to separate, but I’m having no luck. Has anyone found any slight mods and any more tricks to more easily get around this?

14. Wh1tebase

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    There's a specific way to pull on it to prevent breaking

Pull it in this specific direction. Its the hook that you need to unlatch.

20210220_115155.jpg

And so the right leg should release naturally
    20210220_115207.jpg
    I've found that shaving off corners of these hip parts also disables the 'ratchet' system on the hinges that the legs were on. Without them 'clicking' into positions it allows for a smoother movement to prevent breaking

20210220_115219.jpg 20210220_115225.jpg 20210220_115232.jpg

• Like Like x 23
  15. MadMaximus

MadMaximus Well-Known Member

yeah it's not so much that you pull from the back it's more like you internally rotate the thighs so that the back separates first.

If that's not working on your copy I guess you could try sanding down the connecting tabs the tiny bit I don't know if I would do that first probably save that for last since it's the least reversible

16. Trevor Belmont

Trevor Belmont Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am the first to like this post? It was days ago. Give this person some deserved credit already cos you're all breaking your Megatrons left and right. A little thank you here and there can't hurt can it? Especially if you've been among those doing it wrong

• Like Like x 2
  17. Wh1tebase

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Ahaha thanks, and also for putting it up on the general Kingdom thread!

Hopefully this will help people prevent breakages lol

I just want everyone else to enjoy their Megatron as much as i have without breaking it :D 

• Like Like x 3
  18. Autoboty

Autoboty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Finally a new, proper CHUG update of Beast Wars Megatron is upon us! Unlike Primal, who at least had an update in post-Thrilling 30 Generations in the Power of the Primes line, Megatron hasn't had one since his 10th Anniversary figure - one that drew criticism due to its ugly technorganic beast mode and a gimmick that required you to insert a Cyber Key into the dino mode's, um, rear. Now, however, he's back in all his purple Season 1 glory. He's instantly recognizable with the dinosaur head and tail making up each arm, and details like his collar of 'teeth' and the small Predacon insignia on his forehead have been accurately replicated. And thanks to his size class, he's huge! That means he absolutely towers over Primal, which gives him a very menacing presence on the shelf. His articulation boasts all the War for Cybertron Trilogy bells and whistles, though the right arm will take some time getting used to (basically, think of it as a 'gorilla curl' arm with the upper jaw as the fingers and the lower jaw as the thumb) and the waist can be a little restricted from his kibble backpack. The backpack, of course, is larger than the Masterpiece version of the character, but in return suffers from none of the breakage issues that toy had. He's sturdy and strong, and you really won't mind the backpack once you have him in hand.

20210218_203336.jpg 20210218_203658.jpg 20210218_204317.jpg 20210218_205705.jpg

Beast mode... this freaking beast mode. Unlike Optimus Primal, a fellow Kingdom toy, Megatron's beast mode has absolutely zero imperfections. In fact, I would even argue that this mode is even better than the robot mode! The Tyrannosaurus rex mode has clearly been designed with the Jurassic Park version of the dinosaur in mind. It features binocular vision, which is scientifically accurate, but also has pronated dino forelimbs, which is not. Of course, he's predominantly purple with a green streak running down his spine and a yellow streak down his belly. At first I thought the yellow belly streak was a bit overdone, but in hand it doesn't look so bad at all. All exposed parts of the beast mode are also made in a rubbery sort of plastic, ostensibly in an attempt to replicate the texture of the T. rex's reptillian skin, and it works wonders. You might want to wipe him down with a wet towel before you play with him, though, as I found that he may be slightly sticky to the touch if you don't.

20210218_215706.jpg 20210218_222302.jpg

Now, let's talk articulation. The articulation on this dinosaur mode is INSANE. Make no mistake, this isn't like Primal where he was immobile from the waist down, or even like Masterpiece Beast Wars Megatron which couldn't move at the hips. The creative engineering on the thigh covers ensures that he can move his legs forward and backward at the hips as far as you want despite the legs and thigh covers being separate pieces, and the fact that his dino legs are inherited directly from the robot legs means he gets the robot mode's extensive knee and ankle articulation as well. The neck inherits Megatron's right arm articulation, meaning it can move in all directions and open its jaw very wide, and there are spring-loaded panels on either side of the neck to hide the joint when it's moved. Amazing engineeering there, in my opinion. The tail also has two joints - the one at the base (dino hips) lets it move side to side as a little bit up and down, and the one in the middle of the tail also features side to side movement accompanied with a rotating joint this time. Basically, if you can think of any pose a dinosaur might conceivably be in, Megatron here can make it. Never have I ever seen a T. rex toy that featured this level of articulation in this size class - the closest contender is Kaiyodo's Revoltech version of the dinosaur, and that one was practically minuscule compared to Megatron. The only Transformers toy I can think of that has more dinosaur articulation is The Last Knight Scorn, but Megatron has him beat in size and real-life accuracy. I actually didn't even want to transform him back once I played around with him in dino mode, it's just that good. And of course, I couldn't resist putting him in the obligatory Jurassic Park poses.

20210218_215914.jpg
    The escape from the paddock...
    20210218_220155.jpg
    ...and WHEN DINOSAURS RULED THE EARTH

(I lament the fact that I don't have the necessary Photoshop skills to edit him into the movie backgrounds, and that I don't have a Siege Hound or Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee to recreate the "Must go faster" scene.)

20210218_205211.jpg

Megatron is a worthy update to the fan-favorite Predacon commander, beating out his rival Optimus Primal as the best Beast Wars toy from Kingdom and even his own Masterpiece version as the most articulated version of the character to ever be made. He's a paragon of modern toy engineering that's bound to be the centerpiece among all your Kingdom toys. It's just what he deserves as the master criminal and wrecker of spacetime, yesssssssssss...

• Like Like x 16
  19. MadMaximus

MadMaximus Well-Known Member

I just can't leave those hip pieces rotated down in bot mode I always turn them up, who's with me?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Autoboty

Autoboty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Do you mean the hip guns? If that's the case... they're supposed to be turned up so the barrels face forward.

• Like Like x 1