WFC Kingdom Leader Megatron (Beast)

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Bumblejazz, Dec 29, 2020.

1. herugrim

herugrim N/A

Ebay:
    Got mine today. Quick shipment from hasbro pulse for a change.

He is a solid figure. Has all the presence and detail of the original in a slimmer package.

Hes solid in both modes and amazingly articulate beast mode wins him over easily. The head and tail can turn and twist in pretty much anyway you want. The robot mode feels wobbly but holds together great. There really isn't much to complain about.

The aesthetics are great. He's got his hand, he can't detatch the tail (Personally would like to be able to remove both tail and head so he can have both hands but that's fine) at least you can actually use it if you want.

Minor issues, I don't like the light belly color on his robot shoulders. Diffuses the dark tones too much. The proportions of the beast mode are too slim, he looks more like an allosaurus. Lacking robot boot fold away heels feels a bit off. Needed a really good blast effect for the mouth. Those are just nitpicks.

I miss the smirk on the face of the 10th anniversary version and while I like the proper beast proportions of that figure I'll happily trade that for the beast articulation. Solid marks for this guy. Yesss

• Like Like x 4
  2. dragologer

dragologer "Such heroic nonsense"

So question, what is the story behind this brake? was it from a drop or simply operating the rotation joint?

3. Philister

Philister Teutonicons Rising!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Everything is better when read in Megatron voice, yes! ;) 
    And thank you, glad to hear I have kept your interest for so long.

• Like Like x 1
  4. pegasusprime

pegasusprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One question guys does every left arm from this figure would end up breaking i get it is a design flaw but it is present on every figure?, is there any way of avoiding this?

5. richacm220

richacm220 Well-Known Member

Mine seems fine but I did take it apart and shave down the discs in the shoulder like people have mentioned. Just to be safe.

6. dragologer

I did the same thing with my first copy.
    My second one, I've done no preventative measures and so far it is also seems fine.
    Of course I also haven't dropped either copies either.

7. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    If it helps, I've transformed mine a lot more then I usually do a new Transformer entirely to see if it breaks, with no issues. I don't know if it's because mine is a much later production run or what.

8. pegasusprime

News Credits:
    thanks, which is your production run normally the later ones have correction mines is from pulse?

9. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Mine was from a later run and at least 1 from the same run had the arm breakage. If you read through prior pages, some broke out of nowhere, 1 broke after dropping. Best I can suggest is to know beforehand that the shoulder can’t pivot inwards towards its chest the way the right shoulder can, so don’t try to do that. The shoulders are connect to the torso differently. What I do on mine is try not to use the left shoulder for leverage during transformation. Since the pivot outwards seems tight, I try to hold the shoulder in place while pivoting the upper arm outwards, this way there’s less strain on the shoulder peg connecting to the torso.

The shoulder pad peg connecting to the torso is 1 peg but only molded to 1 half of the shoulder pad. That’s where I think a breakage could potentially occur depending on how the shoulder is moved.

10. pegasusprime

News Credits:
    So basically not move the left arm not even up, down or out

11. Nemesisprime1975

Nemesisprime1975 Well-Known Member

I bought two. One for my nephew and one for me.

He loves his I hope I love mine.

12. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    You can move it just be careful

13. Wh1tebase

Wh1tebase Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    He means don't move the shoulder in the direction of the chest like a butterfly joint.

Only his right arm can use a butterfly joint

here's my badly drawn explanation ahaha

20210422_164054.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  14. Dinocon93

Dinocon93 Dinobot Warrior

Wouldn’t mind a better retool with a CG accurate Beast Head-sculpt if I’m just going to have to replace mine in a couple of months.

Same with Cheetor since he got similar issues. How you fuck up A-list characters this bad? These two definitely deserve a re-do.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    EB Games finally came through after months of delays and I have Megatron at last!

I've never felt so suspicious of a toy. I love the engineering on paper, like the way the legs sync up to still move despite the thigh piece being attached to the body and not the leg. He's delightfully posable, looks great, and conceptually is wonderful.

But I had a shitload of warped panels out of the box, and this soft plastic hide just feels like a ticking time bomb. I don't trust it at all. It also doesn't feel nice.

• Like Like x 1
  16. deaddude

deaddude Well-Known Member

So far I'm loving this figure and everything feels solid so far. However, all the horror stories here have me worried. Does it make sense to buy a second one as 'backup'? I have a feeling that this is going to be the definitive version of this character for a while, so the odds of getting a replacement on the secondary market at a decent price are slim.

17. dragologer

That's exactly what I did. Got two copies now.
    one for dino mode and one for robot. both doing fine so far.

18. stephenotes88

stephenotes88 Well-Known Member

Just opened my copy after getting it from walmart a few weeks ago. I was afraid to fiddle with it after reading all these reviews and reports of breakages.

Most things on my copy are fine, with the exception of the hip swivel not being pinned in far enough and having a slight "wiggle" due to the tiny gap of space in between. The capped pin just needs to be in further. Any ideas how to properly do that? I've had this same problem with other figures in the past and hammering it in with precise calculated force never did the job.

20210429_214206.jpg 20210429_214217.jpg

Also, I'm planning to cut off this piece of plastic here inside the crotch area since it's already been bent and stressed from trying to accommodate the hips being "carefully" pulled out from the first transformation.
    20210429_214115.jpg
    20210429_214119.jpg

I'd honestly rather cut those parts off and rebuild it with stronger styrene backing

• Like Like x 1
  19. Razzy

Razzy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Finally got the guy, he looked great, but had to send him back for a replacement since he had two left legs. :p 

IMG_20210421_220759.jpg

Cya
    Raziel-chan

Last edited: May 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Oddball

Oddball New Member

I may be a bit late to the party, but think I've figured out a way to separate the torso pieces without too much effort. It works well enough to me and so far shows no signs of wear or tear.

So, what I do first is I clear away all of the back panels, including the spring loaded ones, so that the back of his robot torso is clear. Then I use my fingers to grip behind his shoulder blades, and put my thumb on his abdomen. I grab his waist with my other hand, again gripping it from the back with my fingers and putting my other thumb on his abdomen. Then, while pulling with my fingers from behind his shoulder blades and his, err... backside, I push into his abdomen with my thumbs. This causes the waist to slide out of his upper torso.

Here's a reference image, if you'll pardon my poor editing. Basically, the blue circles indicate where you want to pull from behind with your fingers, and the red circle is where you want to push in with your thumbs. You're basically trying to make him do some ab crunches.

reference.jpg

I hope I explained it well enough, and I hope this helps others as much as it's helped me!

• Like Like x 3