[WFC: Kingdom] Leader Class Ultra Magnus (K-20)

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by ApocalypseThruster, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Preach Starscream

Preach Starscream Well-Known Member

As others have said, if you liked Siege Magnus, you'll probably like Kingdom Magnus, and I loved Siege Magnus.

I'm glad I upgraded to the Kingdom version. The colors just look amazing. So vibrant.

The revamped trailer isn't as big a deal, though we do lose a few ports where weapons could be plugged in. The Siege version definitely wins that round. IMG_3192.JPG IMG_3195.JPG

IMG_3201.JPG

I can't really add anything better reviewers haven't said already.

Although one point of surprise for me was that they actually added light piping to Kingdom Magnus. I thought that was a nice addition.

IMG_3202.JPG IMG_3204.JPG

And it works pretty well.

• Like Like x 1
  2. WinstoBot

WinstoBot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can UM’s gun be stored inside the trailer or just mounted outside?

3. bufferunderrun

bufferunderrun Well-Known Member

And that is exactly the point hasbro canned the class for both Prime and Magnus and only correct it with Rodimus through we can debate if what they are planning to do with it’s trailer is the right thing i expect the quality to be higher.
    Don’t get me wrong i think that Magnus at last has a perfect combined robot mode while prime trailer is really a waste of space they could have made it a simple voyager without it.

4. WinstoBot

News Credits:
    I wouldn’t go THAT far and call it a waste of space. It completes the full semi truck trailer look that is so VERY Optimus Prime for a lot of us. We got what we got for ER Prime because of the budget limit set by the bean counters at Hasbro. My guess is that the set at one time included the energy axe and Roller too but they were left out of the parts count and ended up in the Centurion weapons set. I actually don’t have ER Prime yet so when I do get it, I might even change my tune.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
  6. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Yep, it certainly can.

Pictures posted shortly

UPDATE:

Here ya go.
    The arm fan-mode configuration needs to be used, and the gun has to peg in on a slant. But it's all very do-able.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  7. WinstoBot

News Credits:
    Awesome awesome awesome!!! Oh Hell yeah, I am definitely planning on having the fan mode forearm configuration. Had that been the official transformation from Hasbro, we’d have much lease complaints. Thanks for showing the gun can be hidden neatly. I’m surprised I haven’t seen this until just now. A YT reviewer showed that a Legend sized vehicle can be stored in the lower level of the car carrier mode too. I haven’t seen that posted here yet.

• Like Like x 1
  8. bufferunderrun

bufferunderrun Well-Known Member

trust me when you get it you will understand that obviously if you consider like me the trailer an essential part of optimus prime. Personally if the budget didn’t allow it i would ha preferred Op released in the voyager class and then release the trailer with roller and the other accessories in a dedicated pack; for UM that isn’t feasible anyway due to trailer becoming the ultra mode armor.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Preach Starscream

Absolutely agree. It's a great representation of G1 Prime. The trailer completes the look. Plus, it includes a shield and the little artillery bot can be removed and attached to Prime's back.

And while it's not true, not all cars can fit in the trailer, there are plenty that do. So it's definitely not a waste of space. It's part of why Earthrise Prime is my favorite mainline Prime in over a decade.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Radioguy

Radioguy Hair's always frizzy

Frankly, comparing KG UM to ER/KG Prime is painful. As most, I wish the Prime mold was used for UM here and the armor designed around that than go for whatever they were thinking here.

11. Preach Starscream

I'm kind of glad they didn't. This gives us more variety in body types and transformations.

IMG_3199.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  12. Metalwario64

Metalwario64 City Commander

Yeah, and it can also fit some slimmer deluxes like the Siege Datsuns, so it's not as restrictive as people say. I would have liked a bigger one, but I'm actually okay with the smaller one because it saves on shelf space and does enough for me.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Radioguy

Radioguy Hair's always frizzy

Even in bot mode those stacks are pitiful.

14. WinstoBot

News Credits:
    That’s good to know. I’ll have to try my Datsun cars on UM when it’s shipped. Thanks for the tip. I’m actually thankful that they made UM on the shorter side. He’s much closer to Prime’s height, on the cartoon scale chart, which we haven’t had before. I’m watching reviews and am pretty impressed with the way the blue “cage” folds around the legs. Folding a double layer structure reminds me of MP Inferno/Grapple’s crane/ladder fold that was a feat of pure magic. I guess there aren’t a lot of engineers here to appreciate it. Maybe I shouldn’t say that until I’ve actually put my hands on UM.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Preach Starscream

They're all right. They don't actually need to emit any exhaust. I think they're cute.

16. Preach Starscream

I feel the same way about ER Prime's cab transformation.

• Like Like x 1
  17. WinstoBot

News Credits:
    Yeah, I resisted getting ER Prime because I already have MP 10 and MP44 but after seeing the pics I had to admit it was something special. My ER Prime isn’t here yet, can’t wait.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Preach Starscream

I think you'll enjoy him. He looks good and has some fun accessories.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme One of the longest handles in the fandom!

Ebay:
    It's so refreshing to see proper white on a figure instead of the off-white we too commonly get. Siege Magnus feels dingy in comparison.

I did notice you can take the forearm armor and attach it to the pegs on the top of the shoulder armor and it will fit inside the trailer and fill in the gap towards the back. Actually, looking at this further it feels like the forearm armor is really supposed to go there instead of the inside roof like on the Siege. Siege Magnus has large "buttons" on the top of his shoulder stacks that would plug into the rear of the trailer. Kingdom Magnus has a normal pegs instead on his shoulder stacks and these coincidentally fit the forearm armor holes.

Anyone else try this? I'm going through all the pages here and am a bit surprised I'm not seeing any mention of this.

• Like Like x 1
  20. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Got a pic? Trying to visualize but failing.