WFC Kingdom Deluxe WFC-K6 Warpath

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by computron179, Dec 9, 2020.

1. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It looks like most of the Wave 1 deluxes appear to have a part hiding on the pack of the insert. Cheetor's tail, Blackaraahnia's gun.

2. Bumblebee2000

Bumblebee2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For a Sunbow Warpath, this hits the deluxe-legend hybrid I wanted and never expected to officially get
    But damn if he doesn't also look in scale with command class Optimus. I love that too. Give big Warpath

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gligamesh51

Gligamesh51 @ThatGuyNeedaHam

News Credits:
    Snagged this guy as soon as I saw him! Like most, I was already satisfied with the generations Warpath, but the traditional tank mode sells me on this new one. Plus, after transforming him, I was pleasantly surprised to see the turret rotates! The legs are a bit finicky at first to transform, but I wonder if that was done to make sure there wasn't a gap when you rotate the turret?

I know most tank TFs have stationary turrets that hide the gaps in alt mode, so I wonder if that was the intention here, to have a moving turret that doesn't sacrifice the complete alt mode?

Also, putting blast effects on the turret is way fun!

• Like Like x 3
  4. Aigis

Aigis Anti Shadow Weapon TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Cool figure, but that transformation to tank mode was a fucking nightmare
    20210118_104916.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  5. Seamus McLame

Seamus McLame Well-Known Member

Anyone know what the pin through the bottom front of his turret is for? It doesn't seem to have any purpose. Kinda makes me wish it went in his butt flap so it wasn't just on a friction hinge. I'm in the minority here but I actually love the shield. It looks great behind his head or on a shoulder, and having it as some sort of punch shield feels right too.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Gligamesh51

Gligamesh51 @ThatGuyNeedaHam

News Credits:
    I think the shield is a nice touch! Give me a Zaku vibe, especially with the multi-use for it!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Seamus McLame

Seamus McLame Well-Known Member

I had to google what that is, but yeah! I could see someone customizing a warpath to look like one of those. Could double as a rando empurata character if the hands are replaced too.

8. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme One of the longest handles in the fandom!

Ebay:
    This review is 100% spot on. Have to re-iterate the paint issue. For the amount of paint on this figure, you'd think it would have been cheaper to cast the entire thing in red then paint the treads and abdomen.

I have a stress mark on the one front tank panel. One of the one's that's a PITA to peg together under the turret. Don't even know how I stressed it because it was stressed before I even got to that transformation point.

This is one of those molds where you're going to want to see how a release down the road might fix issues.

• Like Like x 1
  9. LoserBroadside

LoserBroadside Your ship just came in.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Yeah, I'm hopeful that there will be a Netflix version that is cast in just burgundy plastic. Maybe with silver accents for the treads and tum-tum.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Revoticus

Revoticus Splitting headache

Can he stand on one leg? One of my biggest nitpicks with the United Warpath is he can't stand on one leg.

11. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Pros:
    * Does a very good job looking like that guy from the cartoon.
    * Articulation is in line with most WFC releases.
    * Tank mode is well-done and quite solid once everything is in place.

Cons:
    * Transformation annoys the hell out of me, with a bunch of flippy-flappy panels that love to dislocate while you'r trying to get the lined up and clipped together.
    * While it's not quite as integral as the back end of WFC Cliff/Bee, the tank panel-slash-shield is strongly recommended for structural integrity of tank mode.
    * Paint & color choices are a bit curious. Not sure why they went with off-white for the forearms, for example.
    * Robots with extra-large feet without forward/back ankle movement bug me.

Overall:
    This is one of those toys that make you face your own toy priorities. If you love the 'mini-masterpiece' style of toy with a heavily cartoon-based, if slightly overcomplicated design, this is for you. For me, Warpath is a strange, awkward cartoon design based on a more awkward toy design, and the WFC/Kingdom toy does that closer than I personally want - as opposed to the Generations toy, which took the unique elements of Warpath and built a cool toy design around them - but not one that matches established media closely, and I enjoy it a lot more for its looks and higher accessibility. The "Jason Vorhees in space" face on that one is a bit much though. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  12. Spicytron

Spicytron Well-Known Member

Not quite. He faces the same problem as United WP, because his foot isn't completely "flat" (because of the tiny wheel in each foot). If he didn't have that wheel, he might.

• Like Like x 1
  13. opoptimus

opoptimus SUN WUKONG, not Son Goku.

News Credits:
    I'm big fan of G1 Warpath, and there's nothing I can fault this figure as a G1 Warpath.

Tank mode:
    Solid tank mode. HasTak probably could've easily gone with a 100% toon accurate tank mode and done away the sunk in front end of the tank if they had a fraction more parts count imo (at this point it also makes me think that the parts -forming aspects in Deluxe class is partly a conscious decision more than a necessity due to budget). I personally love the two shades of red/burgundy here, and the fact that the treads all painted. The turret rotates and the canon can raise up which is a big plus. Abundant 5mm ports are available in this mode too so you can really armor this little tank up.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think he's just the right size too.
    [​IMG]

Transformation:
    The leg transformation is where it's at for me. I generally avoid comparing 3p to official designs, but this clever use of surface area destroys every single one of the 3p attempts with elegance, it's just the right amount of complexity and a "mini Masterpiece moment" to me. You can say this with quite a few WfC figures now including the much-praised Kingdom Cyclonus, that if TakTom ever gets to dong an MP Warpath, the engineering is about 70% done here.

Oh being able to recreate what you could do with the G1 toy puts a big smile on my face.
    [​IMG]

'Bot mode:
    Probably the most G1-accurate from any company. Most importantly to me, HasTak nailed the stocky proportions. Head sculpt is as good as it gets.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Articulation is to the WfC standard. Awesome how the ankle tilt is integrated so well among the leg engineering. And I love the extra side to side tilt/attitude you can get out of the head.
    I don't mind the shield and it does provide a few options with how you put it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The 5mm ports all over him provide some interesting display options.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Overall:
    Best G1 Warpath so far. It destroys competition like SS86 Hot Rod does imo.

• Like Like x 8
  14. WinstoBot

WinstoBot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Absolutely gorgeous pictures. Just beautiful. Fun read. Good job. Can’t wait for mine to arrive.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Excellent review and photos! I just picked one up and agree with everything you say. Perfect little Warpath. I read a lot about the legs being difficult but I found the entire transformation pretty intuitive, quick and fun. The only problem I had was the back panel popping off the hinge way easier than it goes back on.

Tomorrow I’m going to round up all of my BLOOSH! parts and see how many I can stack on the end of his barrel. Fun times.

• Like Like x 6
  16. Makarov

Makarov Well-Known Member

Once I got the leg transformation down pat I really enjoy flipping this one back and forth. Its all about the legs

• Like Like x 2
  17. LoserBroadside

LoserBroadside Your ship just came in.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Agreed. The only thing that slows me down is having to put down the shield piece and pick it up again as I go. But even still, both modes look fine without it.

• Like Like x 2
  18. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It’s definitely wonky the first time but becomes a LOT more intuitive the more you do it. I actually like transforming it now, feels fresh compared to a lot of what we get.

• Like Like x 1
  19. RetrogradeMercury

RetrogradeMercury Well-Known Member

I REALLY detest the tank panel/shield piece. Maybe even more than I disliked ER Cliffjumper's partsforming "shield." At least with Cliffjumper the piece was so integral to vehicle mode that you would always have it on him. With Warpath, the shield piece isn't necessary for the tank mode to look complete but it totally needs it for the front to have structural integrity. Pls HasTak, never design a partsforming piece like that again.

All said, this is the weakest of the initial Kingdom offerings, but not bad overall. The burgundy color is pretty, the transformation started as annoying but is growing on me, he looks cute and charming.

20. Nerfherder

Nerfherder Well-Known Member

Do any tank aficionados know what tank this is based off of? The turret resembles the M551, which is the basis for G1 Warpath, but the chassis is nothing like it.