WFC Kingdom Deluxe WFC-K5 Blackarachnia

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by computron179, Dec 9, 2020.

1. VE Telus

VE Telus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Are those black thigh panels meant to be moved toward Blackarachnia's front or to her back? I know it's just a single millimeter of difference, but I wanted to know what the "official" transformation is. Posed here with the MP Blackarachnia base and web.

20210101_204224.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  2. Bumblejazz

Bumblejazz Same as it ever was

News Credits:
    They move forward to allow room for the legs to fold up in spider mode.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JonoPrime

JonoPrime Well-Known Member

I had the clip that connects the chest piece break clean off.

Doesn't affect the transformation in any. And still holds well enough in place in bot mode.

4. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The paint on my copy is a bit all over the place (collar, helmet) but she scales well with the other fembots and compared to the original toy, she's a marvel.

5. Wespy

Wespy Well-Known Member

The tabs on her weapon have stress marks on my copy. Anyone else notice this?

6. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is one of those figures that I like, but I hate handling.
    The size mixed with how many moving parts it has means I am always untabbing something or moving something I am not meaning to.

7. 1BLD

1BLD Well-Known Member

I should hate this. I've already had the chest tab break, and her right hand fingertip broke off during the first transformation (the final yellow section). The arms like to pop apart at the mushroom peg above the elbow, and while the right arm will spin 360 at the elbow, it's tight enough that the left elbow can't do a 360 spin without getting caught up on the spider legs. And while tre transformation is much less mushy than the MP, it it still weirdly mushy in alighing everything, even knowing where all the tabs and locking parts are.

Yet I like her. The broken tab is a bit whatever, since there's nothing that can push her breasts out of alignment. The spider mode seems weirdly shaped with a flat and poorly defined head. but crucially getting there isn't a fight like it is with the MP as when parts find their place, they generally stay there. Her spider legs also surprised me, while they can't compact like the MP (Where my preferred option is to have them straight and hanging down like long tassles on her arms), they can actually pull off the machine gun legs look she used on the show.

She does have a bit of a "heroes in a half shell" look, indeed her backplate is actually bigger than the one on the MP's, I feel like both made the right call- the MP is focused on making the robot mode top tier at the expense of an already weak spider form, so less spider shell is fine. But the Kingdom figure strikes a balance, both modes are decent and getting between then is fine as well, a smart choice when it could never compete with the MP as a robot, but it could address the main flaw of the MP. She's the MP but fun, at the expense of some accuracy and nuance. Both have a niche, and that's great.

• Like Like x 2
  8. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    Kingdom Blackarachnia is one of the best BA figures I've ever had. Both modes look good and I love the individual ball joints on the spider legs.

The only minor drawback is trying to get the arms to stay in place and keeping her crossbow tabbed into her arms. I had a heck of a time lining up her claws with the tabs on her feet. But every time I move those spider legs the arms keep untabbed.

• Like Like x 1
  9. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Isn't that the Takara Blackarachnia, released a year or so later, and not the original?

10. Bumblejazz

Bumblejazz Same as it ever was

News Credits:
    Does it really matter? It's the same mold. I just meant the original Blackarachnia mold.

11. Spicytron

Spicytron Well-Known Member

Soooooo A funny tragedy has unfolded upon me today.

I bought BA, and after fiddling with her and transforming her into her spider form (surprisingly complex for what size she is), I left her on the coffee table as I went to use the bathroom. As I am exiting the bathroom, I hear a loud scream, followed by several loud "thuds" and "thumps"

Then an "oh... shit"

I walk in to find Ba not only in parts but all of her parts scattered around the room. So that's at least one vote for a convincing spider mode, or at least one that can thoroughly trigger someone's arachnophobia to the extent of violently destroying a BA as well as nearly breaking the coffee table she was sitting on.

And yes, I am being reimbursed, lol

• Like Like x 16
  12. 1BLD

1BLD Well-Known Member

Are you tabbing the arms together and atttaching the crossbow before swinging the arms into the body? I found that doing it this way allows me to get everything secure with plenty of room to work, and it's secure enough to not be dislodged when aligning it with the feet. Tolerances on tabs can vary though, so you may already be doing this with less success.

13. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I went into this one with REAL LOW expectations.

Guess what? Its freakin phenomenal. I LOVE this one.

Both modes are top notch. My son actually said this one was better than the original, So I told him he can stay another week.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, this is my favorite BA toy ever (the MP one looks good, but a pain to transform and not as “fun”). My only complaint is that the head forward and backward motion is really loose. Just the slightest motion causes her to jiggle (much like my wife :lol ) but not in a good way. Since it’s not a ball joint, I can’t just future it up... any suggestions? She wants to look down all the time.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Spicytron

Spicytron Well-Known Member

Call me silly but I'm pretty sure future could still work, you would just need to be more careful with it's application. (like using a toothpick or needle to get the future into the crevace)

I could be wrong, of course.

• Like Like x 2
  16. MadMaximus

MadMaximus Well-Known Member

Yep it works

17. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ouch. :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  18. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    Is there robot mode storage for the weapons on her and cheetor that I’m somehow missing? Seems weird that rat trap and Optimus would have it, but the others wouldnt

19. ACMagnus

ACMagnus Phantom Thief

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Blackarachnia's gun tabs into slots on her robot mode arms in spider mode. I don't own Cheetor yet, but I'd assume that becomes a tail of some sort?

EDIT: I can't read and didn't see "robot mode"

• Like Like x 1
  20. MoonRacer Prime

MoonRacer Prime Fembot fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just got her, Hmm..

Good:
    -Screen accurate Robot mode.
    -She is not a shell-former like Arcee and Elita.
    -Both modes have great articulation.
    -The artwork on the box is gorgeous.
    Bad:
    -The packaging? It’s covering most of the figure and every part is tied down. She would definitely break if you just pulled her out.
    -The weak tabs, the few tabs you get don’t really work. And the location of the gun storage is a joke. It looks horrible hanging off the spider.
    -The faces, both the spider and robot suffer. The spider needs more paint and the robot looks like it was painted with a garden hose.
    -The texture of the spider bits, is gross. It doesn’t really look like BA, It looks like cellulite.
    -Delicate breakable bits everywhere. The spider legs, the hand/claws and the tiny inner bits. Be careful.

Overall 6.5 I still prefer the Legends version.