[WFC: KINGDOM] DELUXE CLASS PIPES (K-32)

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by ApocalypseThruster, Dec 24, 2021.

1. OptimusTarzan

OptimusTarzan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed. But he's a deluxe and $22.99 is the retail price for a deluxe. I'm waiting for a sale as well.

• Like Like x 1
  2. WinstoBot

WinstoBot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Has anyone figured out what the smaller peg (3mm?) on the back of gun is for? I can’t seem to figure out what play feature it was designed for. 9F4B73F1-EF55-445A-965F-F83862CF49B3.jpeg

3. ApocalypseThruster

ApocalypseThruster Local “Why aren’t they here?!” Poster

News Credits:
    I mentioned this in the review, but it’s a blast effect port. Don’t recommend using it for extended periods of time, blast effects don’t like painted areas (the pipes are white plastic painted silver).

• Like Like x 1
  4. WinstoBot

News Credits:
    Yeah I didn’t read your review. I just read it now, and it’s written very well. Good job. It’s still strange that a 3mm blast effects port is on the BACK of the pipe barrel.

5. Nemesisprime1975

Nemesisprime1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Picture it.

Ireland 1986. I'm eagerly awaiting g1 optimus prime from "santa" and when he arrives there are 3 minibots in tow. Tailgate warpath and pipes. I loved all 3. Indeed I loved all 4. Those minibots went everywhere with prime and i even took a Polaroid of prime with just pipes. They went so well together.

Fast forward to Jan 2022. I'm eagerly awaiting Kingdom pipes. He looks so cool and a great update of the g1 pipes. "Santa" aka my mam who bought me those transformers died on the summer of 2021 so getting this was a tribute to her. Even though if she was alive she wouldn't remember getting him I do....

This figure is for you mam. Rip

• Like Like x 20
  6. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    One of my fav Minibots as a lil shit. Cant wait to get one. Looks real good.

Good review dude!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lockdown91

Lockdown91 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I picked up Pipes (and Slammer) today from Smyths. He is exactly as I expected...I prefer him over Huffer, but I wish he had the visor, so I used a small amount of Green Stuff to give him one, and it looks much better.

Now, the big thing that I dislike about Pipes is his white arms, I get that they're accurate to the cartoon, but in that strain then surely his cannons should be in white also, instead of silver?

I'm sure I saw on here someone had swapped the arms over from Golden Disk Puffer, anyone got that pic?

I'm really tempted to buy that set just to do that very swap, as I have no interest in Road Ranger or Puffer themselves, just the arms of Puffer.

8. TyrantGalvatron

TyrantGalvatron Hasbro is NOT your enemy.

News Credits:
    Pipes is a much, much better use of the mold than Huffer. Accessories are much, much better than Huffer's too.

Molding detail is fantastic. Especially the headsculpt. Go get this figure if you haven't already.

9. TyrantGalvatron

TyrantGalvatron Hasbro is NOT your enemy.

News Credits:
    The cannons are white that has been painted over in silver. A short bath in some 91% isopropyl alcohol will strip the silver off and give you the white cannons you desire.

10. Lockdown91

News Credits:
    That's the thing, I dont want white cannons, I want silver arms, to match the cannons. Sorry if my post came across as confusing.

I was saying it's strange they've gone white for the arms to go with cartoon accuracy, but then gave him silver cannons. I feel both should be white, or both should be silver, and I'd rather silver.

• Like Like x 1
  11. OptimusTarzan

News Credits:
    Get a silver permanent marker. Helped me a lot painting rims etc.

12. Lockdown91

News Credits:
    I have silver markers, but prefer to use chrome silver Vallejo paint for rims and small details. Thing is, using the paint or markers on such big parts such as limbs, that need to be moved to pose around or transform is generally in my experience, a terrible idea, even with a protective coat.

Easiest but expensive option is for me to go for the Ranger/Puffer 2 set and swap the arms, but I'm gonna spend some time with Pipes as is first to see if I can get used to his arms. Pipes is such a none character to me that I can just put him in the background and forget about his white arms. My main exposure of the character is when Overlord squished him in MTMTE.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got Pipes yesterday and his right arm doesn’t peg to his torso. Anyone else have this issue?

14. OptimusTarzan

News Credits:
    Nope. See if you need to file an extra plastic down, that's preventing it to tab.

15. WinstoBot

News Credits:
    I get what you’re saying but since Huffer already has the silver arms, I see why they might’ve picked white for Pipes. Personally, I like the white arms for cartoon accuracy and silver guns to reference the arms of the G1 toy.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme One of the longest handles in the fandom!

Ebay:
    Picked Pipes up this week.

The bot mode is very heroic looking and is everything I could want in a mainline G1 inspired Pipes. Couldn't look better, really. Alt mode, as has been stated by others in the thread, has the ongoing issue with this mold where clipping everything in properly also distorts the horizontal proportions of the truck, producing a bowing effect.

Happy to have him. But so close to being perfect.

17. OptimusTarzan

News Credits:
    I waited for him to be cheaper. Got him on an Amazon Warehouse damaged packaging deal for $18.99. The box was indeed F'ed up, all smashed. But figure was ok. Happy to have him for the price.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2022
  18. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I have the same feelings on this as Huffer: great figure; alt mode bowing is very frustrating and there has to be a good fix (!).

19. chaingunsofdoom

chaingunsofdoom Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got Pipes yesterday and was super-confused as to why his front wheels were stuck and immovable in alt mode... did they change something from the Huffer mold? After some realignment I did get one tire to fit OK and then finally got the second.

It is almost like the arms pull the chest and cab causing the friction issue if their not exact?

20. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok so I got this figure last week and after dealing with it for a bit I'm inclined to say it. This figure is actually pretty fire. I think the reason I like Puffer so much is because of the coloring and his face sculpt. It just appeals to me the most out of all uses for this mold. I'm curious if we'll get it in other colors now.