[WFC: KINGDOM] DELUXE CLASS HUFFER (K-16)

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by ApocalypseThruster, Mar 13, 2021.

1. ApocalypseThruster

ApocalypseThruster Local “Why aren’t they here?!” Poster

News Credits:
    Nabbed this guy at Target earlier (thank god they were sighted in my state first, haha)

So... Huffer. A big nobody in the Transformers mythos. Sure, he was part of the beginning cast of Autobots in the cartoon, but that's pretty much his only claim to fame. His whole character was complaining, complaining, complaining. And when he was revealed to, after the movie, be dead in a S3 episode, he was met with a resounding "Meh." As such, Hasbro didn't care about him, and the only toys he got afterwards was a recolor of a Legends Class Optimus Prime that didn't look anything like him, and a redeco of a Cybertron figure... that was BotCon exclusive. But come 2021, Hasbro apparently thought Huffer was deserving of a spot in their next big line... did they manage to make him someone worth purchasing? Let's see...

Here's Huffer's box. Side view as well to appreciate the art, people spend their time making it, y'know.

HufferBoxA.png
    HufferBoxB.png

Inside the box is Huffer, who definitely looks small... he's a Mini-bot, though, so it feels justified. The box is open on the back to contain his backpack (we'll get to that later) and in the box, on the back, there's his weapons (again, getting to those later).

HufferBoxInside.png

As for the card I got... it was the Ark! One from the first wave of cards that decided to come back this wave.

CardArk.png

However, this time, peeling the sticker reveals a different fate for our favorite Autobot ship...

CardDarkArk.png

It becomes Decepticon property, apparently, and that justifies giving it a cooler color scheme than yellow. The Cybertronian reads "BECOMES DARK ARK". That ain't good.

HufferWeapons.png

Huffer also comes with two weapons: some sort of... claw... thing? And a blaster. Both are molded in orange plastic. The blaster itself splits into two halves, held together by tiny pegs. I'm worried about their longetivity (despite the pegs not being that deep), so I'd recommend keeping it together.

So on to the main event, Huffer himself. He's an orange truck, as per usual. A tiny one! Compared to the bigger trucks that we've been getting, a Deluxe-sized truck feels weird... and oddly adorable.

HufferTruck.png

There's a truck bed as well, and it does a good job at hiding its robot parts... aside from the hands. The hands don't fold down entirely, they go at a 90 degree angle instead... and it results in the hands sticking out from the back. Thankfully, unlike Kingdom Magnus, it doesn't completely detract from the vehicle mode, which still looks "Earthy" enough.

[​IMG]

In one of the episodes of the cartoon, Huffer was seen carrying Optimus Prime's trailer. And the people at Hasbro decided that that apparently needed to be included in the figure...

HufferTrailer.png

Resulting in this. It's unnecessary, but it doesn't restrict anything and it's silly enough that they managed to work this in. Ironically, it pegs better on Huffer than it does Prime.

HufferTruckSize.png

Here's the size comparison to the trailer. Didn't want to pull anything out yet so I could finish this review as quick as I could. Huffer's definitely smaller... again, makes sense.

HufferHitchNHands.png

The claw can peg into three 5mm holes on the back to form another bed for it... and the blasters split and tab into the sides via a slot to form railings. It's kind of meh, honestly. Maybe if it was gray on both sides, it'd look better. Also, another view of the hands.

So on to transformation. Definitely more involved than the usual truck-former. Take off the back parts (if you haven't already.) Fold out the back part of the truck, then unpeg and flip down the hitch to form the feet (you should hear a click if you did it right). Then, split the back to form the legs. Fold down the top of the smokestacks, and then flip out the hands. Hinge out the cab, and detach the smokestacks from the waist. Fold in the front wheels, and turn the head 180 degrees. Snap the arms in, swivel them down, and straighten them. Lastly, peg in the truck cab again... and you have Huffer in robot mode.

HufferRobot.png

For such a bulky vehicle, Huffer actually manages to have nice proportions. More blue is shown in this mode, with less orange. Of course... this being Huffer...

HufferBackpack.png

He has to have a backpack... the entire cab, in fact. Though honestly... it's forgivable. It's accurate to the source material, and it doesn't impede articulation or balance (thanks to his long heels).

Huffer has pretty standard articulation for a WFC Deluxe. He has a ball-jointed head, arms that swivel outwards and all around, a bicep swivel, an elbow (a bit under 90 degree due to the design of the smokestacks) and a hand that curls inward. He has a waist swivel, legs that go outwards as well as front and back, a thigh swivel, REALLY good knees (due to his transformation), an ankle tilt, and some play in the heel. He also has 5mm ports on the top of the cab, two on each arm, one on his thigh, and one on his foot, allowing for some crazy combinations for weapons and Weaponizers/Modulators/Fossilizers.

HufferPose.png

Lastly, here's some scale comparisons. I used ER/Kingdom Prime, Siege Crosshairs, and a fellow mini-bot, Netflix Bumblebee, for comparison.

HufferRobotSizeComp.png

So that's Kingdom Huffer. As per WFC, he knocks it out of the park in regards to accuracy and playability. I was definitely excited for him once he got revealed thanks to how he looked design-wise... and it's Huffer! I'm definitely hoping to see how the Pipes retool will look. This is a figure that's worth a purchase, and has few complaints about him... at least, if you're not Huffer yourself.

• Like Like x 32
  2. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    Tumblr:
    If anyone has him, how does Kingdom Huffer scale in comparison to TF Prime Commander Huffer?

05A74577-BD5B-4B9D-85B1-9163101A4611.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  3. Greeman

Greeman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How's Huffer's truck mode lining up for you? Mine and some other reviews I've seen have a problem where his alt mode just comes out weirdly crooked-feeling.

Like, the truck cab isn't level with the rest of it?

4. ApocalypseThruster

News Credits:
    Now realized what you meant... yeah. I can definitely see it now. Like the front isn't aligned with the back vertically. Seems this happens when pegging in the tabs from the feet to the back of the waist, you have to finagle it a bit to get it to feel fine, and even then it still feels a little... weird.

5. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Looks like ER Prime's trailer might be better proportioned with Huffer than with Prime himself.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Greeman

News Credits:
    Yeah, I actually took the extreme path and snipped off the tabs that plug into the forearms, because those help pull the cab upward because of the angle.

7. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looking forward to Huffer and the future Pipes, and hope to see a Gobots Selects figure as well.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  8. MusicMatrix

MusicMatrix Well-Known Member

I feel at this point, an entire Selects set would be entirely possible.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I kind of impulse bought this guy. I typically prefer modernized G1 to cartoon accuracy so I've had the Combiner Wars Huffer in my display for years now (not that there were other options until now).

I haven't made up my mind which one I like the look of better. While "modern", the Legends version can't shake the blatant Optimus Prime remold feeling.

20210314_200303.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  10. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man, he does look awesome. Is it weird that I almost feel like it's too good for such a tertiary character?

• Like Like x 7
  11. RetrogradeMercury

RetrogradeMercury Well-Known Member

I always found Huffer to be one of the more goofier, derpy-looking G1 designs so I'm really impressed by how cool this figure looks! He's got much blockier, mech-like proportions that I dig. I wouldn't mind seeing some other Minibots, like Gears, get updated like this.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Greeman

News Credits:
    I've realized one of the main problems. The smokestacks/arms. For some reason, one of mine leans back a little bit, like the shoulder joint wont fold as flush as the other no matter what I do. I'm scared to try and futz with joints that critical, but I think that's the heart of the wonky truck-leveling.

13. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    Wow, I really like him (despite looking closer to a $10 figure then a $22 figure), but those hands in alt mode are almost total deal breakers - what is it with Hasbro lately not sealing the deal with the back end of alt modes?

for reasons I can’t possibly fathom as an adult, Pipes was a favorite of mine as a kid, i really hope the remold of him pulls off the altered transformation of the original and isn’t just a straight Huffer-with-a-new-head

• Like Like x 4
  14. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    we have a leak that pipes is remolded the right way, but i can't remember if it's a credible leaker or from one of the "my anonymous discord source tells me so" "leaks"

• Like Like x 1
  15. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

I wonder how we’ll get Pipes from this Mold

16. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    20210315_130523.jpg 20210314_044208.jpg
    Love this little guy!

• Like Like x 7
  17. ApocalypseThruster

News Credits:
    Apollux said that the cab-molding's pretty much done, so it's not gonna change much there. Arms I think are likely to change to the ones where they have the smokestacks on them instead of being the smokestacks themselves... and HOPEFULLY a new head. Always liked Pipes's mug better than Huffer's.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Deathy G1

Deathy G1 Sharp N Squishy

News Credits:
    Anyone know the proper position of the cab section in robot mode? None of the photos or reviews seem to agree.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Nemesisprime1975

Nemesisprime1975 Well-Known Member

I loved that figure

20. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

He looks super nice. While we've got a picture of him with BB, anyone have him in hand that can do a full (minus Gears) modern Mini-Bot lineup? Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, PotP Windcharger, TR Brawn, CW Powerglide, T30 Cosmos, and so on?

• Like Like x 1