WfC:III Kingdom Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by barry, Jul 17, 2020.

1. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

No way he can answer that!

2. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

You know, I'm quite content with TR Quake. He's not "core" enough to have two figures in such a short period of time, and any new mold that is going spare could be better used elsewhere in the 87-G2 bracket.

But both Needlenose and Quake need their Targetmasters that's for sure!

• Like Like x 1
  3. jmagnus83

jmagnus83 Well-Known Member

Yeah i gotta say that the Core numbers give me pause there. During Prime Wars Hasbro released 38 Legends class figures over 14 waves and thats an average of 2.7 figures a wave. So a 4 wave year would get you 11. 16 seems a bit ambitious.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    What season is the titan from? Can you say that much?

5. Yoshimon7

Yoshimon7 Potion Maker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah people who are expecting 16 core class are kidding themselves. If core is suppose to replace Micromasters, it would be fair to assume that there will be the same number of core as Micromasters sets from previous lines. Iirc we only got 9 distinct Micromasters sets from siege mainline so we’ll most likely get around 9 core class figures in kingdom

• Like Like x 2
  6. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Noah's Freshman Album

News Credits:
    If they ramp up repaints over repacks, 16 wouldn't be that hard. Especially if they're racing to wrap up as much of G1 as they can before pivoting more to BW beyond Kingdom.

7. Yoshimon7

Yoshimon7 Potion Maker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It’s possible but repaints are more expensive to produce than just releasing repacks. There’s no indication that they’ll double down on repacks.

8. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    It's very possible that we'll see the rest of the 84-86 characters get their remaining updates in future lines after Kingdom. I mean with how much of the cast from G1 we've already gotten in both the WFC trilogy and the upcoming 86 SS figure line up it wouldn't make sense to stop now. So I'm not that worried about any characters missing out. If anything I'm just hoping that we'll eventually get the later G1 cast be touched upon.

Well that is if the BW figures in Kingdom sell well enough to have Hasbro think about exploring more of BW in general. Trust me I hope they do but still I'm tampering expectations since the fact that they're even doing updates to the season 1 BW cast at all is mind boggling but in a good way.

9. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Things are planned out past Kingdom. I don't know why BW needs to "prove itself" to Hasbro...it's more likely they want to find a way to mix the usual suspects in with the BW cast so they can have Prime, Bee, Megatron, etc.

There's a myth about "BW not selling..." but it's based on nothing but "I saw them shelf-warming."

• Like Like x 4
  10. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Fair point. I mean if they end up having lines be mixes of both G1 and any other TF era like what Kingdom's doing with G1 and BW that'd be ideal since that way everyone can be happy. Hasbro will continue dishing out G1 content while fans of other eras finally get the updates they've been wanting for years now.

• Like Like x 1
  11. jmagnus83

Ok so i see people talking about a post-Kingdom Generations line that is Beast Wars focused. Is there any evidence of that? Or is this just hopes and dreams stuff? The post kingdom line is definitely planned but is there anything that has been said that points to a beast heavy future.

12. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's no evidence yet

• Like Like x 2
  13. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    One thing to also consider: Besides BW/Machines....a lot of the other continuities had "big name" G1 guys with new designs/roles.

So they could even do a cross of BW and UT if so inclined. Or use the Beast molds that were repainted for RiD as a way to tie in to why there's still vehicles around.

• Like Like x 3
  14. jmagnus83

Thank you for clearing that up. I know this is a speculation thread but man does anything Beast Wars related get hairy fast.

• Like Like x 2
  15. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Funny enough that's similar to the theme that both the original Armada and Universe 1.0 lines had going which was a mixture of both BW and RID01/Armada molds/characters. If the next future lines happens to homage that that'd be fun and be also a bone to throw at the UT and RID01 crowds.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Core have been compared to Prime Wars Legends
    Combiner Wars had 16 Legends
    Titans Return had 13 Legends
    POTP had 9 Legends

This price point was replaced with Micro Masters in WFC.
    Siege had 9 Micro Masters. If you add Battle Masters, there are 9 of those as well.
    ER has only 5 Micro Masters. 1 of those are repack from Siege. 5 Battle Masters and 2 are repacks from Siege. Even if we get a Wave Four, we might only see one or two extra of each class.

I really doubt that with the current world problems, Hasbro is planning on returning to CW numbers. I'd love to see 16 new ones again, but I'm thinking we'll be lucky to see 10 at best, including Selects.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

Hairy? Was... was that a pun? :lol 

• Like Like x 3
  18. jmagnus83

The CW 16 number is across 6 waves and Titans Return had 13 over 5 waves. We can hopefully expect 4 waves in Kingdom so i'm thinking 10 to 12 at the most in the mainline

• Like Like x 1
  19. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

you and me both buddy,
    I do sorta feel like guys like squeezeplay, fangry, hori-bull, hell maybe the firecons, they could maybe have a chance of showing up with the kingdom crowd, i feel like eventually we'll get everyone...well optimistically,

• Like Like x 2
  20. jmagnus83

It wasn't when i initially wrote it but after i sent it i was like oh man. Decided not to edit it though. overall its more of a comment that nothing seems to bring out the intensity of people on these boards than beast wars discussions. I was never into it (i do like what i have seen but i was into it when it was out) so the passion for it is quite shocking sometimes.

• Like Like x 2