WfC:III Kingdom Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by barry, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible TFW2005 Supporter

I loved Siege. It is what pulled me back into collecting. Overall was disappointed by Earthrise in comparison. Kingdom though is just firing on all cylinders, and unless they totally shit the bed with wave 4, will likely be my favorite of the bunch. It helps that I am a fan of both early and mid G1, as well as Beast Wars. Having new figures from 84-85, the movie, and Beast Wars, topped by the fossilizers, its like having 4 really good toylines all at once.

• Like Like x 1
  2. StrifeZ

StrifeZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Noticed this from the box:
    upload_2021-4-9_17-27-10.png

Looks like we're getting BOTH the Earth and Alien Golden disks.
    The skyspy (we knew that)
    Looks like "Mainframe" has an alternate mode that's... trying to do a lot.

upload_2021-4-9_17-29-33.png

So at first glance, it looks like another Micromaster base. But that red thing there is the mini optimus prime, and those things at the front look like computer consoles from inside the Ark. And that globe in the middle seems to be some kind of navigational thingy.

So I guess the Ark includes a mini-playset after all?

• Like Like x 9
  3. Apollux

Apollux Turbomaster

Ebay:
    Haha yeah Wingfinger is pretty creepy-looking, surprised they decided to make him a Maximal tbh.

So in terms of the new images/reveals I am pretty amped. I've pre-ordered more than ever before, with BW Skorponok, Tracks, The Ark, Galvatron and Commander Rodimus locked in through Pulse.
    It's going to be tough waiting if the 1st of Sept in-stock date is accurate :( 

• Like Like x 3
  4. StrifeZ

Ebay:
    Another angle of the "deck" part of it. Those rectangles are sized for the mini-figs that come with Unicron.
    upload_2021-4-9_17-33-16.png

• Like Like x 9
  5. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

Now the question is how many of those minifigures will be made and who they will be bundled with.

• Like Like x 7
  6. StrifeZ

Ebay:
    Oh yeah so that platform above? 100% the Ark bridge. And not just any ark bridge. The bridge from the Netflix show. Compare:

3 Forward consoles with circle navigation thingy in the middle. Command console in the back:
    [​IMG]

And on mainframe's base mode:
    [​IMG]

Plus a little bit of G1:

Angled forward consoles (circled)
    upload_2021-4-9_17-48-9.png

Toy equivalents (also seen often in the crashed Ark in G1 cartoon):
    upload_2021-4-9_17-48-45.png

Also note from this image and the very specifically angled Teletraan 1 console that is circled.... that is just like the one next to / behind prime in the G1 image above:
    upload_2021-4-9_17-50-37.png

So yeah it's a mini playset of the Ark bridge. how cool.

• Like Like x 16
  7. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    While this is super neat, the logistics hurt my head. Teletraan 1 turns into a playset with a little teletraan 1 on it. Also, to anyone in the know, are they planning more little playset sized guys to populate stuff like this? I'm super down for them, they really sell the size of the titans just.. you know, hard to make anything look populated with at most 4 guys and 2 of them are Optimus

• Like Like x 3
  8. StrifeZ

Ebay:
    Something we need to check also:
    [​IMG]

If the Ark borrowed the deflector dish of the USS Defiant from Deep Space Nine again.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  9. Rustface

Rustface Well-Known Member

Yeah Earthrise wasn’t ALL bad as the Seekers and OP are both great but yeah, I wasn’t impressed. SS86 and Kingdom restored my faith big time. They could COMPLETELY shit the bed with Wave 4. The rest is so good, I won’t even be mad.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Michael Schlem

Michael Schlem Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    YouTube:
    Yeah, I'm surprised as well. My only question is "what on Earth could they make out of Wingfinger"? I mean, I have no idea of ANY characters in established canon that have a similar look to Wingfinger (Like how they turned Paleotrex into Transmutate). Or if there is any other dinosaur they could make out of a Pteranodon like Wingfinger (like how they turned Ractonite, a Styracosaurus, into Tricranius, a Triceratops).
    I mean, I have a lot of ideas. But none for how weird this guy is. However, I do have some ideas for potential Weaponizers, Modulators, or Fossilizers (what I call Equiptors). This is something from one of my own threads. It didn't get much attention, so I'll quote it here.

If you wish to quote it, here is the ID: QUOTE="Michael Schlem, post: 18388475, member: 129885"
    Another one of my posts about them.
    Here is this Post's ID: QUOTE="Michael Schlem, post: 18629892, member: 129885"
    And here is my ideas for potential Generations Selects Toys based upon them.
    Here is the ID for this one: QUOTE="Michael Schlem, post: 18808597, member: 129885"
    After all that, now we have Paleotrex, Skelivore, Ractonite, Tricanius, and Wingfinger. So, in conclusion, I have a lot of ideas for potential alternate modes for these guys. An Honorary Autobot (Maximal) Ankylosaurus (Say "An Honorary Autobot Ankylosaur" 10 Times Fast) Baseball Fan called Slugger and their Delinquent Decepticon/Predacon Counterpart called Crippler, a Decepticon Spaceship Speedster called Meteorite and their Autobot Counterpart called Starshot, and a Bank Owner Micromaster and their Bank called Interest/Default and their Decepticon Counterpart Short Sell/Hedge Fund. This just goes to show the shear potential behind the Weaponizer/Modulator/Fossilizer Gimmicks.

• Like Like x 1
  11. WheeljackDude

WheeljackDude Well-Known Member

Since Beast Scorponok and Tracks have announced...

Double Punch (repaint of Beast Scorponok, Pulse exclusive in the US)
    Beast Sandstorm (repaint of Beast Scorponok, Generations Selects in the US)
    Road Rage (repaint of Tracks with a more feminine face)
    Loudpedal (repaint of Tracks with a toy head, Pulse exclusive in the US, general retail in Finland and Asia)

• Like Like x 6
  12. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    What do you think, wave 4 in December 2021 or January 2022, maybe even March 2022?

13. fanbase0000

fanbase0000 Well-Known Member

Is your list a wish list? I don't collect BW. We know Road Rage is coming out later this year as a Target exclusive. A Road Rage listing was found in Target's computer systems. I haven't previously heard any news yet on Loudpedal ?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible TFW2005 Supporter

I won't say it was bad at all - I generally enjoyed the line. It was just a step down from Siege for me. Alicon and Quintesson didn't excite me. I found the Datsun mold, while having better proportions, was just less fun to transform than the Siege versions. Same with the Seekers. I even prefer Siege Op and Megs to their ER counterparts. I liked Sideswipe over Sunstreaker, Ironhide over Hoist, Hound over Wheeljack, Weaponizers over Modulators, cybertronian designs (with battle damage!) over cartoon aesthetics. And I wasn't even burned by the QC and distribution plague that nailed so many others.

For Kingdom, it feels like they upped the engineering and have fixed the QC issues (not perfect, just back to normal issues). While Huffer and Warpath have embraced the cartoon aesthetic, it doesn't feel as cheap to me as it did with Smokescreen (Tracks may be another matter). Cyclonus is just scintillating. The BW toys have done a bang up job on making better beast modes (no more glandular disorder Cheetor) with mostly accurate robot modes (and Rhinox looks to continue the trend). And while I generally would prefer Battlemasters to the Core figures, I have a major fossil for Vertebreak. Hell, I've got a bone for all the fossilizers, and they just topped it off by giving me a triceratops in red and black with blast effects!

A simple head change could give you any of a number of other pterosaurs: http://shop.amnh.org/media/catalog/product/p/t/pterosaur_poster.jpg

Color wise, we got one naturally colored figure from Paleotrex and Ractonite, followed up by a purple and red-translucent redeco respectively. I think maybe they could do a translucent sapphire blue, silver and orange for a Wingfinger deco, maybe an homage to Beast Machines Skydive?
    [​IMG]

It would be nice to get metallic redecos as well to go with the coppery hue of Transmutate. I can't think of a character to replicate, but one in silver and the other in gold, and we'd have 3 full combiners!

I think its every 3 months, so I'd say December street date, actually landing in October/November.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  15. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor jAmS

I REALLY friggin hope that Wingfinger gets a transparent redeco too at some point. I need a transparent version of that "official" combiner mode and I need it yesterday.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Head of Illuminati Chapter 517

News Credits:
    So I wasn't going to get doubles of the Fossilizers.

...then Transmutate happened and I went "Sure, why not, canon character". Then the triceratops happened and I went "Shit, okay."

...now I need a Wingfinger redeco. Maybe with a new head to make it a dimorphadon?

• Like Like x 9
  17. Michael Schlem

Michael Schlem Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    YouTube:
    Though, I really like the Weaponizers, Modulators, and Fossilizer Gimmicks. In fact, the "Equiptors" (Weaponizers, Modulators, and Fossilizers) should be relatively easy for Hasbro and TakaraTomy to design. They pretty much need to design a Robot Mode and an Alternate mode, give the figure compatibility with the C.O.M.B.A.T. System (basically give them Weapon Forms), and figure out where the parts would end up in both modes. They should be relatively simple to design.
    Pros of the "Equiptor" Play Pattern
    Easier to design (Because Partsforming)
    Cheaper way to create Huge Bases
    Allows for Armoring up other Transformers
    Cheaper to make (Because they are Deluxe Class figures)
    Allow for Combining Multiple figures into 1
    Cons (Not Decepticons or Predacons) of the "Equiptor" Play Pattern
    Might make Titan Class Figures Obsolete

Anyways, here is something else I thought of. If someone were to Use all of the Parts in all of the Weaponizers/Modulators/Fossilizers to make combinations, including using the Same Figure, how many combinations of 2 Figures could there be? So far, there were 6 Weaponizers in Siege and its corresponding Generations Selects: Cog, Autobot Six-Gun, Brunt, Powerdasher Aragon, Powerdasher Cromar, and Powerdasher Zetar. In Earthrise and its corresponding Generations Selects, there were 6 Modulators: Ironworks, Airwave, Greasepit, Hot House, GO Ironworks, and GO Overair, and 3 Weaponizers: Centurion Drone, Fasttrack, and Black Roritchi. In Kingdom, so far, there is 6 Fossilizers: Paleotrex, Ractonite, Wingfinger, Transmutate, Tricranius, and Skelivore (He was based upon a Kingdom Mold). So, there are 21 Equiptors So Far. Thus, 21*21 is 441. If you were to have only 1 Use of a Figure (therefore, you can't use 2 Cogs, 2 Brunts, 2 Fasttracks, etc), it would be (hehe) 420 Combos.
    Though, when the Kingdom Spoiler Pack (Skelivore) and Tricranius come out, I really want to see Tricranius combined with the Centurion Drone (because they both come with accessories and are special figures), and Skelivore combined with Tricranius, considering they both are translucent and are bright neon-ish colors.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Compubotimus

Compubotimus Well-Known Member

If you limit it to combining two figures of different molds (considering resculpts as separate, redecos as same), you get 110 possibilities (Cog, Sixgun, Brunt, Ironworks, Airwave, Greasepit, Fasttrack, Paleotrex, Raconite, Wingfinger, Tricranius)

• Like Like x 2
  19. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Brother Lombax

More like :bay 

• Like Like x 3
  20. Smokie

Smokie Lil Ice NL

News Credits:
    I could see an official date for 1/1/22 and it appears right before Christmas. This waves gonna be hell to get if so.

• Like Like x 1