WfC:III Kingdom Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by barry, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Sepster

Sepster Well-Known Member

What is going on with Takara/Hasbro's aversion to Brawn and Gears (and by extension, Outback and Swerve)?

• Like Like x 2
  2. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    We just got perfectly good toys of Brawn and Outback. It's going to be a while before we see them again.

• Like Like x 7
  3. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    If that isn't a good enough indication of us getting Beast Machines T-Wrecks in the future I don't know what is.

As for the Siege Seeker mold maybe it's for Jehaxius? I mean some people have suggested it and I can see that working if retooled enough.

While that'd be cool I think they're more likely going to give us a BW Grimlock from the Voyager Dinobot mold like how the original BW Grimlock was made from the original Dinobot mold first at least. They're going for more true to the original source nowadays.

• Like Like x 1
  4. GreyMandrill

GreyMandrill Well-Known Member

I'm joking around a lot about KD Dinobot but I so badly want to see more of him.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Driskull98

Driskull98 Evil is as evil do.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Tumblr:
    Hold onto your butts...

• Like Like x 2
  6. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    We'll probably get all 3 in their Earth modes. Probably not till the next trilogy though at the very least.

7. Skycutter

Skycutter Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    i feel there "earth" modes are more cybertronian modes

8. orangeitis

News Credits:
    Maybe, but in the world of super-accurate bot & alt modes that Siege has ushered in, do we honestly think that Siege Crosshairs will be the be-all-end-all of the character like other WFCT figures supposed to represent? He's one of the only outliers, aside from the -masters, in the WFCT thus far without a super accurate figure. If When he gets a more accurate figure, the most logical storyline excuse they could give is that the more accurate alt mode for him is that it's an Earth mode.

Just my opinion though. =)

9. GreyMandrill

GreyMandrill Well-Known Member

I think Crosshairs is done anyway tbh. Same as Rotorstorm. Personally I'm completely fine with it, but I guess Crosshairs/Rotostorm fans might have reason to want a more accurate figure.

• Like Like x 1
  10. orangeitis

News Credits:
    But we didn't. They don't match the WFCT scale at all. They'd be roughly the size of Kingdom Huffer & Warpath.

It's not that I'm a fan of those characters, it's that I think that the pattern that Hasbro is going towards is inching every character closer and closer to accurate representations. Of course those characters would be given less priority, but eventually, I do think that they'll be done justice eventually.

Maybe not for quite a few years though. =p

11. AutobotAvalanche

News Credits:
    We did though. It's triage. Unless you're gonna tell me your top priorities right now are getting a "fixed" Chase and Doublecross and every other C-lister from Titans Return as well.

That Brawn toy is perfectly fine. There is nothing wrong with it. Hasbro's priorities are and have always been to release a continuous stream of the top dogs and cycle through everyone else as needed. Characters who haven't had a decent toy for longer than him are going to come up way sooner than Brawn. It has nothing to do with "an aversion" to him which is why I was quoting the other poster.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sign me up! :lol 

• Like Like x 3
  13. Sepster

Sepster Well-Known Member

There is definitely an aversion to updating all of the Minibots. Outside of Bumblebee and Cliffjumper, all have gotten one, maybe two, releases that could be considered G1 updates over the course of 28 years. While the Generations/Legends/Power of the Primes updates for many of the Minibots are decent figures, there is no way they compare to the War for Cybertron releases for Bumblebee/Cliffjumper/Hubcap/Warpath in terms of aesthetics or engineering.

While character prominence is always up for debate (and I would make the case that Brawn, a member of the Ark Crew, original toyline, main protagonist of several G1 episodes and a very memorable Movie demise, is more than a C-Level character), it would seem that the mold reuse for Brawn and Gears would make it an easier sell than other one-off characters.

14. AutobotAvalanche

News Credits:
    There have been collectively dozens of updates to the Minibots over the years. Hubcap is the only one who was a first-timer for Earthrise.

And anyways, these $20 minibots only started in this line. They made the Bumblebee mold, far and away the safest bet when asking someone to spend $20 on a figure so small. The trend is continuing with Warpath and Huffer. There's nothing indicating it won't keep happening. But I'll bet you Brawn, whenever he comes, will be after Gears and others.

The Shattered Glass Optimus and Ratchet set being the only SG set doesn't mean there's an aversion to doing SG toys, it just means we haven't waited anywhere near enough time to see what happens next.

• Like Like x 3
  15. orangeitis

News Credits:
    Brawn/Outback's scale is what's wrong with them. That's why I put mine in storage as soon as the unified scale was announced. They're worthless to me. But that's just me. Hasbro's priorities seem to be covering all the bases right now in the higher quality and scale that SS/WFCT provided.

Brawn's a staple character in G1. There's a high chance he'll get a proper figure in the next trilogy. By that point, it'd be 5+ years since his Titan's Return toy. It came out in what, 2016? Yeah, plenty of time passed. If they are willing to update Slag or Elita-1 this soon after PotP, they can get to Brawn in a couple years.

^ this. :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    I agree that Brawn deserves a redo. That POTP in my opinion is crap. It was not great then and now compared to what they have done for characters like Warpath it shows what can be done. Such a big part of the G1 show deserves a better representation

• Like Like x 2
  17. AutobotAvalanche

News Credits:
    I have no doubt he'll come up again. I'm just saying it will be after the other minibots.

"Proper" minibots started in ER, the current line, and we're already at 5/17 of them. To say there's an aversion to doing them seems like an exaggeration.

Why did Huffer and Warpath come up next? Because they're the most popular? No, because they were the most in need of new toys. Scale aside, Brawn is at the back of the line with Seaspray.

• Like Like x 4
  18. orangeitis

News Credits:
    I can agree to that. Might be why Gears was considered for Kingdom. Maybe we'll get a Minibot like Cosmos or Powerglide next.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Patrickab7

Patrickab7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Another possibility that I'd be up for: Slipstream.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    Cosmos and Powerglide definitely are in more need. I can live with Windcharger and Tailgate. Beachcomber I think they would struggle to improve significantly as well

• Like Like x 2