WfC:III Kingdom Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by barry, Jul 17, 2020.

1. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    As we've been advised that the BW Speculation thread is strictly for discussing BW updates, it feels worthwhile having a thread to discuss wider speculation on the line, now that it's as good as confirmed if not officially revealed.

[​IMG]

So, from that poster, going clockwise, we've got...
    Unicron (I think), Galvatron, Megatron, BW Megatron, possibly Terrorsaur, Black Arachnia, Scorponok, Dinobot, Airrazor, Arcee, Tigatron, Bumblebee, Optimus, the Ark, the Golden disc, Optimus Primal, Cheetor, Rattrap, Rhinox, and the Nemesis.

Rumour is that the Battlemaster and Micromaster price points will not continue, and in their place will be a single low price point named 'Core', which will be akin to the Legends class. Also, the next evolution of the Weaponiser/Modulator gimmick is apparently the 'Fossilizer', which will be able to disassemble and form armour and weapons for other characters.

Working off the reasonable assumption that we'll get all the characters on that poster. Best guess at their size classes coming up

Core: Ratrap
    Deluxe: Scorponok, Black Arachnia, Airrazor, Cheetor, Tigatron, Tarantulas, Arcee, Bumblebee
    Voyager: Optimus Primal, Rhinox, Dinobot, Megatron
    Leader: BW Megatron, Optimus Prime

I'm unsure how many Core characters we're getting. 8 over 4 waves seems reasonable. I guess we can assume half of those will be Fossilizers, so we've potentially got three characters to play around with.

I imagine we'll get three Deluxe Fossilizers, so five slots remaining. I'd assume there's another four Voyager slots and another two to three Leader slots.

Rumour is that neither the Commander or the Titan class price points are BW characters.

While I think ti's a bit of a drag to get characters that have just been done in ER back again, I'm not wholly surprised. Otherwise this looks pretty damn exciting, especially considering what may be getting released in the '86 Movie Studio Series range.

Let the speculation commence

• Like Like x 15
  2. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    *commence speculation mode*
    • I believe the character on the poster behind Tigatron is Elita-1, not Arcee.
    • Optimus Prime and Megatron will not be repeated in their Earthrise size classes. Their only Kingdom figures will be Core class.
    • Due to the discontinuation of Battle Masters, we won't get any more Targetmasters like Pointblank, Sureshot, etc., unless they win a fan vote.
    • Kingdom will complete the '84-'85 cast with anybody who doesn't make it into wave 4 of Earthrise.
    • Other Core class figures will include Starscream, Shockwave, and numerous '84-'85 carbots.
    • After news of Warden's departure, the next Titan, his last Titan, is almost a lock to be a new Metroplex.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
  3. Jhund

Jhund Screws>Pins

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Just waiting for a Gen selects announcement of Grimlock from Dinobot . You know , without all that gps.

• Like Like x 9
  4. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

We'll probably get a Decepticon Commander and an Autobot Titan since the reverse was true last time. My first choice for Commander (or Titan) would be Tidal Wave, but I could see a slightly smaller Sixshot, an Animated Lugnut, or an Overlord do very well with that Commander budget. Other than that, there's always Broadside for Commander. My best guess for Titan is Primus, though I could see an Ark or Nemesis playset.

• Like Like x 8
  5. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    Ark Titan. :p 

• Like Like x 9
  6. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That would make me sad.
    That would make me happy.

Alright, here we go with my inaugural attempt at what shall now be dubbed the 'getting it wrong' list

Core: Ratrap, Packrat, Huffer, Gears, four new Fossilizer characters
    Deluxe: Scorponok, Black Arachnia, Airrazor, Cheetor, Tigatron, Tarantulas, Arcee, Bumblebee, Tracks, Skids, Needlenose, Roadrage, Waspinstaor Fossilizer, two new Fossilizer characters, Crankcase (from Skids)
    Voyager: Optimus Primal, Rhinox, Dinobot, Megatron, G1 Inferno, Starscream (inevitably), some sort of redo of any two of the BW voyagers
    Leader: BW Megatron, Optimus Prime, Galvatron, T-Wrecks

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 10
  7. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    More wish than speculation, but I’d lose my shit if the Commander was Sins of the Wreckers whale Tidal Wave.

• Like Like x 11
  8. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Titan class or we riot.

• Like Like x 11
  9. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’d want titan if we got proper Armada-made-of-boats Tidal Wave, but would be happy with Commander if they did the whale mode.

• Like Like x 5
  10. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

News Credits:
    I’m going to be so salty if they don’t do Tidalwave as an Armada inspired design. On the bright side I’d be able to buy more figures I’d like with the money if it’s the whale version.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    Heh I had no idea there had been a ban on discussing the entire line in the other thread! How strange!

Right so despite being extremely skeptical about Kingdom actually being a thing... and thus far not purchasing any WFC figures I'm sorta excited by this. Its great to see G1 and Beast Wars together, unifying the two often divided fandoms together, who knows maybe it'll put pay to some of the 'Truck not Munky" (and vice versa) animosity within the fandom (yeah right! the fact the other thread is BW only doesn't support this!).

Anyway as far as speculating goes... we know WFC3 won't be entirely Beast Wars based, however it does appear to include more Beast Wars than I was expecting. Looking at the poster as well as the leaked info we've received regarding 'confirmed' figures It's appears they will be focusing (ay least at first) on Beast Wars season 1 characters and designs. The notion that Studio Series will be covering the '86 movie (Quite excited about seeing these btw) and those figures might also feature in/be comparable with Kingdom it leaves a fair of scope for Beast Wars... however I'm still predicting more of a 50/50 split between the two.

So Im expecting wave one to contain most of the main players from Beast Wars season 1 and your usual G1 suspects. The idea that these will mostly be core class seems odd/bogus to me, I expect to see G1 and BW characters across all classes. I'm hoping post wave 1 we see something outside of the main BW characters season 1 designs as MP already covers that for me. I'm also interested in watching the show (I was gonna give Siege a go anyway) to see what it adds to the lore and characters. There's an opportunity to do something interesting here and I really hope Netflix, Hasbro, Rooster Teeth and Ploygon Pictures are up to the challenge.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    I'm expecting/hoping it plays out like this:

Core: Rattrap, Warpath, Tailgate, Huffer, Gears, Optimus Prime, Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave, Seaspray, Powerglide, Hotrod, four new Fossilizer characters.

Deluxe: Blackarachnia, Tarantulas, Bumblebee, Waspinator, Airrazor, Cheetor, Tigatron, Terrorsaur, Needlenose, Tracks, Skids, Elita-1.

Voyager: Optimus Primal, Dinobot, Inferno, Rhinox, Rodimus, Galvatron.

Leader: BW Megatron. I can't think of any others.

Commander: Tidal wave. (Don't kill me.)

Titan: Metroplex.

Multi-packs: Insecticon 3 pack, Bat Convoy VS Gatortron.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just want them to go ahead with the voice chip in Megatron.

Infinate Yeessssss

• Like Like x 5
  14. Neo-Primus

Neo-Primus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Isn’t scale going to be an issue if they want to stay fairly close to official cannon? Beast Wars Characters are significantly smaller than their G1 counterparts, with Optimus Primal barely half the height of Prime.

His figure would have to be sub deluxe size, probably as tall as Cliffjumper.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Yoshimon7

Yoshimon7 Potion Maker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    it's going to be like the masterpiece line. Beast war characters aren't in scale with the g1 characters but they're in scale with each other.
    besides wfc trilogy is a reimagining of the og g1 continuity. ig a difference between this continuity and the last is that the maximals and predacons dont have the smaller bodies this time around.

• Like Like x 2
  16. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    With Jetfire being involved in the war on Cybertron (in Sunbow continuity he left Cybertron before the war), amongst other instances, the WfC story broke away from cannon pretty quickly. This really is a new cannon and I think, as far as toys go, that gives them the latitude to make pragmatic decisions about scale, amongst other things.

• Like Like x 9
  17. Notomus

Notomus I demand Studio Series DOTM Devcon

News Credits:
    I know we'll get basically the entire first season cast from BW but I'd love to see characters like Depthcharge, Rampage and the Fuzors get updated figures too.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    With some sort of robot mode scale at least being attempted in Siege and Earthrise, I'm sure they'll treat the Beast Wars guys as being in scale with each other, and the G1 guys scale with the first two parts of the trilogy.

And looking at the Beast Wars characters in the show it's pretty obvious what size classes they could possibly fall in.

But the main thing I want to speculate on is my personal wish for the Titan release would be an Ark playset since it's a key component to both the G1 and Beast Wars shows.

I want a Decepticon Commander Class. Deathsaurus or Thunderwing.

Yeah I agree that we'll get a big focus on the Season 1 Beast Wars cast. But my fingers are crossed there's enough success to warrant keeping the Beast updates coming and we get Transmetals down the road!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  19. darqen

darqen Well-Known Member

Regarding Commander, I know a lot of people want Tidal Wave, but I think it's going to be Broadside. Because he is the only larger bot left from the original cast that fits the scale, excluding any Japanese characters (Galaxy Shuttle would be my preference). If this is wrong and it turns out its going to be a beast commander then my money would be on Rampage.

My own personal preference for non BW characters are if we don't get them in the backend of Earthrise are Tracks and Skids. I have a suspicion that somewhere along the line an earth mode Mirage may also come.

20. bagofshhh

bagofshhh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What’s this core class people are speaking about?

• Like Like x 2