WFC games Megatron or Prime Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by TFFan01, Jun 7, 2020.

?

1. WFC

44.2%
  2. Prime

55.8%
  3. Novels

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. TFFan01

TFFan01 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Which Aligned universe Megatron did you like more?

Edit: I also added the Aligned novels Megatron

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  2. TheUltimateBum

TheUltimateBum Nautica Lover

The one from the games.

I haven't read the novels, so I can't comment on that, but between the games and TFP, the video game Megs just kicks the ass of TFP Megs. The WFC Megs basically had the rage and Hitler intensity that the G1 Megs and the 2001 RiD Megs had, but amped up to 1000%. He was just a raging monster and a lot of his tantrums and rants just had the proper amusement and amount of authority which, again, like the G1 and 2001 RiD versions, actually made me tolerate the use of the character.

TFP Megs... he was just bland. He wasn't an engaging villain, he constantly screwed himself up, and honestly, when Starscream actually leads better than you do, you got an extremely big problem. Honestly, Screamer makes for a much better (and much more fun) leader than Megs ever did, which already kinda shoots a torpedo into the whole Aligned thing (since in FOC, it is clearly shown that Starscream is a very incompetent leader due to his hubris and inflated ego).

If Silas or Shockwave had been leaders and not wasted as much as Megatron was, I feel the show would have been a bit more tolerable.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Scoff

Scoff Well-Known Member

Can I pick Commercial Megatron?

Because he was freakin' great!

• Like Like x 7
  4. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fred Tatasciore's Megatron from the games is one of the most hilarious performances in the franchise. His one liners are incredible. I was so on board with his character.

"Breakdown, YOU FOOL!"
    "I, MEGATRON, HAVE DEFEATED OMEGA SUPREME!"
    "We have lost B!"

But Welker's Megatron in Prime is one the best performances of his career. I was never a fan of G1 Megatron, and was totally fine with them going a different route in the movies. I thought Welker's voice sounded weak in the video game adaptation.

But then Prime rolls around and he completely reinvents the character and shows why he is the voice acting king he is. Loved every word he spoke.

• Like Like x 8
  5. seanismyname

seanismyname Well-Known Member

I like Prime Megs because even though he made his fair share of bad tactical decisions (like all Megatrons do), he looked cool and imposing, and he seemed actually...fair? Like Vehicons excluded, he was pretty reasonable with his Cons. I also loved his toxic relationship with Starscream. The fact that he kept taking him back after multiple betrayals was almost endearing in a way, like he hates him but he needs him in his life. Honestly they were like a married couple in an abusive relationship.

• Like Like x 1
  6. mn_128875

mn_128875 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Prime megatron mostly because frank welker

7. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    "And try not to get crushed by the trains."
    "You're joking, right?"
    "Yes, Breakdown. I am famous for my sparkling sense of humor."

That being said, I voted for Prime Megatron. Frank Welker delivered an amazing performance and I liked the character well enough.

• Like Like x 4
  8. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy Tougher than Leather.

I felt WFC Megatron was too much of a tyrant, and got loud and obnoxious at times constantly yelling and screaming at his teammates and enemies. Even if some of his lines were entertaining.
    Prime Megatron valued his Decepticons (some of them.) And was more calculating.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    WFC. He was a generic, shouty villain, but at least he did something.

• Like Like x 4
  10. GeoSociety

GeoSociety Quit

WFC Megatron. He tamed Dark Energon to his will, brought down Omega Supreme, and fought his own men to claim his leadership once again.

All Prime's Megatron did was just stand around. People give TFP Megatron too much credit because his voiced by Welker.

• Like Like x 6
  11. TheUltimateBum

TheUltimateBum Nautica Lover

And personally, I don't think TFP Megs was one of his strongest performances as the character. He just wasn't as enjoyable as he was in other stuff (the G1 cartoon, Devastation and the first two movie games) or a downright creepy beast (like he was in the Transformers Ride and The Last Knight, though I think the more threatening designs helped him in that regard).

In fact, both Peter Cullen and Frank Welker were pretty bland in TFP, and as much as I don't want Optimus and Megatron to keep constantly appearing in stuff, I do think and have to admit that they still can deliver strong performances (their work in the video games and, despite the material they had, the Bay movies prove that they can still deliver passionate performances, but in TFP, it always seems like that passion just isn't there).

• Like Like x 1
  12. GeoSociety

GeoSociety Quit

True. His voice sounds intimidating in the TF: The ride. But in TFP Frank's tone sounds a little bit like Fred from Scooby Doo.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Longitudinalwave

Longitudinalwave A Big Fan of (Sound/Shock)wave

I'd have to agree. While they have some good moments, Cullen and Welker sound really tired (and/or bored) for most of Prime (Cullen perhaps a bit more so, since Welker, as Megatron, still gets the occasional insane speech).

• Like Like x 1
  14. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Boldface: That was the whole point of that character. Despite his yelling and screaming, HMS' WfC Megs was indeed calculating.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Chase Smite

Chase Smite Chase your true potential and Smite your past sins

I couldn't agree more, TF Prime Megatron was the perfect blend of old and new

• Like Like x 1
  16. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

WFC gets my vote. While I do like Prime's Megatron, and think it may be Welker's best performance of the character, the WFC Megatron feels and sounds like a legitimate threat. He is cold, calculating, but has just a tiny hint of Galvatron insanity to make him dangerous for his allies to cross, making sure they are all kept in line. And I freaking love Tatasciore's deliveries in that game. I would love to see him voice Megs again. That is a Megatron I can believe would wage an eons long war based on his own ego.

17. TFFan01

TFFan01 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fred Tatasciore was really good in WFC/FOC. I don't think he sounded as good in DOTM the game though, he was somewhat trying to emulate Hugo Weaving but imo it wasn't as good as his WFC voice. I've seen some say that the DOTM voice was better, what do you think?

18. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Needed to watch some of the game scenes, I haven't played dotm game in years. Based on the bits I just saw, it's fine, and certainly matches the look and feel of the trilogy megatron designs more than Welker's G1 voice does in the games, but it seems a little inconsistant. Sometimes he sounds like in WFC, and sometimes he goes much more snarly and raspy (I think I prefer his snarly voice for the movie Megatron, but his WFC voice overall). He was better in WFC/FOC as even when he gets shouty and angry, he still maintains the voice and just oozes power. Funnily enough, I started a replay of WFC yesterday before I saw this post, and at the end of the first chapter when Megatron is declaring himself the dominator, you believe him. He embodies the genocidal warmonger when he delivers those lines.

And let's not forget, in FOC, this is a character who stared down Metroplex and took repeated punches from him. And still tried to defy him. I can't see Prime Megatron ever doing something like that.

19. Revoticus

Revoticus Splitting headache

WFC/FOC had the banter but Prime Megatron had the voice I prefer

20. IGEBM

IGEBM A Loremaster

Hmmmm... hard to decide

I'm a big fan of the game designs, but personality-wise, it's hard to choose between Exodus (only novel I've read, trying to get my hands on Exiles since I'm almost done with Dune) and TFP

Gonna have to go with TFP just bc the voice is great and I've always been a TFP fan lol

• Like Like x 1