WfC Figures Dream-Scale

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Kouri, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    So ya hear lots of complaints about WfC Bumble being out of proportion with the rest of the gang (or maybe you just -really- wanted that Voyager Prime), and you find yourself day-dreaming about what a truly in-scale line would be like.

For laughs, I started digging around the map files, which luckily contain in-scale models of whatever characters appear, and sometimes those who don't. Figured I'd post the findings as I come across them. Images will usually be scaled so that 10 or 100 pixels = 1 inch. Double-check the measurements as you see fit. Also, if anyone has some canon full-scale measurements for anyone in game, would be awesome to find calculate the rest of the real-world measurements for the 'bots n 'cons.

And before anyone asks, I don't have any rights to these models - I won't be making them available to the general public. Textures're kind of wonky anyhow.

Bumble ends up a pretty hefty scout at 4.75" high~
    [​IMG]

And for anyone hoping for an in-scale Omega Supreme, have fun moving a bot bigger than you are - he measures in at about 5'10" at the head, and a full 7 feet to the tips of his wing antennae.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
  2. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Cool measurements! An Omega Supreme toy that tall would be epic to see though. XD

3. GMANIFESS

GMANIFESS G1 Manifestations

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    AWESOME!
    I love seeing true scale. So sad most TF toys never have been & will never be.
    The few times we get a line of overall accurate scale they are usually goofy long chins or beastly shellformers...:sly2: 

What I would do for a Voyager Cybertronian WFC Prime....:bowdown: 

Great find. Thanks for sharing.

4. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Interesting stuff. Thanks for posting this.

5. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Measurements for Trypticon were attached to the first post - guy's over twice the height of Omega Supreme. Here's a perspective shot with OS and half of Bumblebee.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

I'd buy a TF taller than me :p 

7. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    This is fantastic.

I'm also one of those people who would like the toys to be in scale with each other. I have also had the desire to make the line to scale myself ever since I found THIS custom.

As a side note this has answered something that concerned me. It seemed to me like Omega Supreme and Trypticon were roughly the same size, especially with their "fight" in the end credits. I am joyed to see they are very much not so.

I'm going to save these images in case some day I decide to follow through with my desire to see them all in scale.

Can you post the other characters as well?

8. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Digging through bit by bit. A lot of the characters are easy enough to find in the main files, but they're all resized to the same height, probably to fit a common skeleton. Each map, however, has certain characters packed in, each scaled to their relative heights with each other. As I dig through and find characters, I'll post them up here, but my current priority is the harder-to-access models like the two giants here and the dlc characters. Hoping to have everyone scaled by the end of this little project though.

9. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
  10. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    None of the WEP_IonBlaster files I try to open want to cooperate, sorry about that. If I find one, I'll get you some textured shots from all directions, though there's a good chance colors will be messed up.

Speaking of uncooperative models, Megatron does not want to work either. It bugs me, because I want to see if he should be bigger than Prime. >.<

11. GMANIFESS

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great work regardless. Keep it up. We love this type of info.

12. VaderPrime1

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    That's fine. I just need the model shape. I can figure out the colors later.

13. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Trypticon is twice as big as Omega? The credits lied to us!

14. GMANIFESS

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Makes sense.
    That boss battle was twice as hard.... :sly: 

15. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Twice as -high-. If the other dimensions scale about the same, Trypticon's about 8x the size.

And hey, the credits also said the entire Autobot force fits inside Bumblebee's alternate mode. =P

Anywho, lineup of Optimus, Bumblebee, Zeta, Arcee, Slipstream, and Starscream added to the first post. Aside from Bumble, they alll seem to work just fine as Deluxe figures, hence the lack of measurements.

And just to show off what I meant by wonky textures...

[​IMG]

At first I thought it had something to do with how each player model can have alternate colors, which would explain why Omega Supreme's textures are colored correctly, but that doesn't explain why Trypticon's colors are as off as these.

Also, going by the size of Arcee's head, she really looks like she ought to be Bumble-sized, but this is how she came out. *shrug*

Attached Files:

16. VaderPrime1

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Any success on the weapons?