WFC Earthrise Wheeljack

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by PlanckEpoch, Jan 31, 2020.

1. cybeast

cybeast Well-Known Member

Yeah, at this point we'll never know if he's designed at first to have that weapon store-able or it's been this way from the very beginning.

I usually just tuck it on the rear port since in my display he only visible from front and 3/4 side anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  2. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Wheeljack, Wheeljack, Wheeljack

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That’s my chosen storage. I think I said this earlier but back there you can just pretend it’s a rear storage container, something I’ve actually seen on vehicles on cross country vacations. And it preserves the car mode silhouette from nearly all directions.

3. cybeast

cybeast Well-Known Member

I honestly never saw those rear storage container, so I have no idea :D 

4. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Wheeljack, Wheeljack, Wheeljack

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Top 10 Hitch Cargo Carriers of 2021 - Best Reviews Guide

I see things like this all the time, fully loaded up, all the time when I do my own cross country trips on the interstate. I don’t need them, but large families with a minivan often do.

I can’t imagine using this on a Lancia. But I guess it’s not impossible.

• Like Like x 1
  5. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    DEFINITELY wouldn't want it on the Stratos that Wheeljack represents! It's not even a "real" Stratos. The Group 5 Stratos Turbo is what is called a "Silhouette Car" in the racing world. That's defined as a race car designed to look very similar to an actual production vehicle, but mechanically is a fundamentally different car.

In laymans terms, a wholly unique, purpose designed race car with completely custom internal construction and parts with a body designed to look as close to exact to a production car as possible.

All NASCAR cars are considered silhouette cars. This is done so that you can have a completely, 100% customized race car yet still have immediate brand recognition and visual familiarity to production, consumer models. Compare this to LMP(Le Mans Prototype) cars which look different year by year and don't look like anything else the brands produce for the consumer market

There were some silhouette cars that were made into production cars. Thanks to homologation rules during the Group B era, production road cars exist for the Lancia Delta S4 and Lancia 037.

Unfortunately, despite the massive success of the Lancia Stratos HF in the Rally world, winning numerous years in the 70s, the Turbo Group 5 would be less than stellar. Entering into Group 5 track races in '76 at Österreichring, the body work would catch fire and Lancia would retire from the race. They'd return later to Mugello and place 3rd in a sea of extremely powerful and successful Porsche models(Specifically the 935 Turbos...the car that G1 Jazz uses as an alt mode!). Even later at Silverstone, Lancia would be forced to retire yet again due to overheating and fire issues.

The car simply wasn't destined to be a track racer.

Still, it fared well in hybrid road-rally events, which are track/road races using rally rules. Ultimately overheating, gearbox issues, and squirrily handling, which while good on rally, isn't as good for track, ended up killing the Lanca Turbo Group 5 experiment.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 1