WFC Earthrise -Leader class Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by computron179, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Thereal9thdoctor

Thereal9thdoctor Well-Known Member

YouTube:
    Just go to Nonnef.com. And Emgo on Youtube just in the last couple days did a review. It has interior consoles, the fold out side legs, a new ramp, addons for the repair drone and guns for it, Roller and the fuel device. And I believe more.

• Like Like x 1
  2. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    Maybe, but i don't have that one on hand. I do have the ones in my photo. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  3. Blackout32

Blackout32 PANTERA FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I got my Earthrise Optimus the other day from Pulse and hes really cool. I have mine in truck mode with trailer and hes behind me on a shelf. I'm getting tomorrow the dead Optimus and that figure will be on a shelf behind me. I'm going to have them next to each other in truck mode. I'm saving both boxes for sure so when really i can put them back.

4. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Matrix Workshop one is a nice looking one too.

5. Qazsedcftgb2

Qazsedcftgb2 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So I just got my Prime in the mail (yay). Firstly, I know I said I would update on the face, it's still blue. No biggie, I'm happy enough anyways.

However, I potentially have a problem. I saw this in a review and unfortunately it's happened to me too, on the left side where his chest closes up to his back, the plastic is too long and sits under the back piece. I've heard that this can cause stress marks and possibly break the figure when I transform him, so before I do anything I was curious if theres an easy fix. I'm gonna put up a few pics to explain what I mean. Thanks in advance, I'm really hoping to have him all set and ready for action today.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Thereal9thdoctor

YouTube:
    Huh. Mine is like that too. Didn't even realize it was an issue. I haven't had any stress or breakage at all with mine.

But after seeing your pics I decided to take my hobby knife and scrape a bit off of the roof piece that is sitting under the back part. It still winds up like that but there is now a slight gap there where I scraped off the edge a bit so hopefully mine wont get stressed or break. Though as I said I wasn't having any issues, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Actually I am worried about a different figure altogether right now. I goofed on my method for tightening loose joints(tiny amount of CA then work the joint till the glue is cured, usually works fine) on my new POTP Swoop and one of his hips stuck. I got it working again but the ball joint peg is now stressed and while its fine if the hip moves to about 70 degrees, if I transform him to Pterandon mode the peg twists slightly when the hip moves to the transformed position. I lightly sanded the socket part of his leg and so its loose enough that the hip SHOULD be fine, but that peg twisting slightly every time I transform him worries me.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  7. Qazsedcftgb2

Ebay:
    I've transformed Optimus a few times back and forth and I think you're right, it doesnt seem to be an issue at least as far as stressing the plastic goes. Visually a bit annoying but for now I'll live with it.

As for Swoop idk what advice to give, I'm extremely new to touching up or repairing figures, but I'd say be careful for sure because that sounds like hes gonna snap during a transformation or pose. Good luck with him.

8. Trip

Trip Prudentia Fortitudo Temperantia Iustitia

It's common. Just kind of pop it back into place it only happens when I use the transformation joint for like Haymaker poses, and naruto running poses. So i guess I'll refrain from those. I can just go past the parallel with that joint but not much further. Still my favorite out of earth and the wfc trilogy so far. Until boss monkey comes out.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Qazsedcftgb2

Ebay:
    I'll admit, besides being a tad concerned about it breaking, ER Optimus is easily my favorite figure, and I've only had him for a day. He's just so fun.

10. Thereal9thdoctor

YouTube:
    Yeah. I now have a slight gap in that area but its not serious. At least I took care of any potential problems.

So far, after sanding the socket part of the hip the only time it twists is transforming. It is just a slight amount, so I THINK it'll be fine. As tight as it was when the joint got stuck and I broke it loose I'm surprised it didn't break then. Worst case scenario I buy another.

11. KFGatri

Ebay:
    I need a more precise tool for the paint, but for a first attempt this isn't too bad. I'm a bit out of practice with the detail painting. At least you can actually see his eyes now.

20200723_004127022_iOS.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  12. Thereal9thdoctor

YouTube:
    I did something nuts... I wanted to take his head apart to paint the eyes lighter blue but I was having trouble prying it apart and didn't wanna break it. So... Since I am not big on Ultra Magnus's unarmored mode, I simply took his head apart, repainted it metallic blue and painted the mouth silver and eyes light blue! To quote Ed Feldman from the Furniture Guys, "Et Viola, She ees DONE!"

As usual apologies for the blurry picture. I am gonna get a new phone relatively soon.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  13. Thereal9thdoctor

YouTube:
    Here is an insane question: Anybody got any ideas on the possibility of using this Prime as the core for the TR Powermaster Prime? Did some tinkering just out of curiosity... If there were somewhere for his legs to tuck away to, and a way to attach a supermode head it would work.

I am toying with this mainly cos I wanna use this Prime both on his own and with the TR trailer, since the Jinrai figure is slightly shorter than this figure, which is bugging me.

14. Dunkle

Dunkle The Merch Mercenary

Anyone ‘ere know any fixes for their copy not tabbing in and/or sitting flush in certain areas? Specifically

- One of his truck tiddy panels ‘sandwiching‘ upon the other, not sitting flush.

- The bumper and the grill part not sitting flush on one side for some reason, leaving a bit of a gap.

- The connection where the legs tab into the arms In vehicle mode don’t work.

- One of his knee panels refusing to sit flush (also with a stress spooky stress-mark)

- One hella misaligned door panel which only fits when I force it into place (big yikes)

Still a phenomenal figure tho, I seriously can’t stop fiddling and posing him around he’s just so damn fun!

15. Ravage101

Ravage101 Well-Known Member

Finally got my EarthRise Leader Optimus Prime.

There is a reason why the figure is $50. It is not because its got a trailer.

While I am not a fan of the price, I really like this figure. It is a mini Masterpiece Prime...in every way. The truck cab front look so much like the one used in the Bumblebee movie. It is probably my favorite Prime cab design thus far.

This Optimus really looks out of place with the rest of the EarthRise line it is that good.

my number one complaint right now is the trailer. I am so glad the trailer was included. It's great set piece. My problems with the trailer begin with the missed opportunities like the drones arms. I was confused on why the claws dont/cant hold 5milimeter pegs! This was such a dumb move. Next, you know that cheap looking Roller in the accessories pack? Why wasn’t it included with a “Leader Class” figure? What a serious oversight.

So now I get to pay $24 for the rest of the pieces Hasbro forgot to include. Thank gawd for Nonnef. The trailer needs it.

The trailer was such a good add on but completely rushed. It still does its job but feels incomplete.

Again, to me the figure really is worth more than a $30 voyager. $50 though? Yea..well this figure is for the serious collector who has been wanting a good masterpiece quality Optimus Prime for an affordable price. That’s what EarthRise Prime is. The trailer was a throw in that needed more thought.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  16. TickTockGoesTheClock

TickTockGoesTheClock Dōmo arigatō, Mr Roboto

If you want to make life easier, you can shove a closed needlenose plier into the socket inside the head and open the pliers to split it open. Then you can paint the eye stalks without worrying about getting paint on the visor. I believe the head is held together through friction or a very minimal amount of glue as I was able to push the head halves together snugly.

• Like Like x 1
  17. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just Reprolabel'd mine last night, what an improvement! Especially the stripes on the trailer and all the screens inside. I didn't use a lot of the stickers that covered up molded in details, those will get used on other figures.

18. LegoLover58

LegoLover58 Bumblebee Gourmet

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I got my hands on ER Prime, and it is my favorite Earth Mode Optimus. Definitely one of my favorite from the ER line.

However, does anyone else feel like his torso is squished and his legs are uncannily long?

19. KFGatri

Ebay:
    Thanks for the tip. I dabbed a little more paint on the eyes for brighter coverage, and right now I'm trying to remove some of the excess around his eye sockets.

Edit:

And the result:
    20200808_022253819_iOS.jpg
    Not 100% perfect, but far better than the dead eyes he came with!

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Ravage101

Ravage101 Well-Known Member

The more I mess around with this figure, the more I love it. And the trailer is still a great add in.

C5F3CA82-F647-40B7-A8E2-1A6C80690223.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 4