WFC Earthrise -Leader class Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by computron179, Dec 4, 2019.

1. RetrogradeMercury

RetrogradeMercury Well-Known Member

Yup, pegs right in!

5C1F18EA-D94F-46E5-9953-A7E4ABF47A7E.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  2. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Idk, maybe it was an expectations thing but I don’t hate the trailer.
    Could be better? Yes, but it’s ok in my opinion.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Tonkatsu

Tonkatsu Haver of Bad Opinions

Basically how I feel too. I’m glad it’s there, it’s a fun little thing for my Micromasters to hang out on.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Another good use for the trailer is that you can put Grapple's claw accessory on the peghole between the back wheels when it's not in use since it looks awkward on both of Grapple's modes when stored.

5. peteynorth

peteynorth TFW2005 Supporter

That section is reserved for the Siege axe.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

The repair drone makes a good jetpack for Sideswipe, too!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  7. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    Reprolabelling in progress ...

20200626_224927680_iOS.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  8. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    It's an even better fit with the First Edition deluxe!

20200627_145401408_iOS.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  9. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I decided that given how fast my birthday is coming up, I'd get Earthrise Optimus Prime for myself. A few days ago I spotted Astrotrain at the Meijer I occasionally go to, and since my 5% cash back is ending soon and getting it would be most of the way to my next reward, after visiting my parents for a shared meal today, I ended up hitting 5 Meijers, no dice. Before calling it quits, I went to Target, who had 3. :eek:  Got one, got home. Opened it.

Realized it was missing a wheel. :mad: 

Went back, exchanged it.

So, here we are. I don't recall the last time I paid full price for a leader; I want to say TR Sixshot. Everyone else has either been a discounted price, sale, or gift card situation. Though to be fair, I did use my circle rewards to knock a little bit off, but not much. Anyway, I expected to enjoy this guy, but truth be told, I love it. I'm reminded of my 6th birthday when I had not only a Transformers themed birthday, but an Optimus Prime themed one, with Optimus on the cake (done by one of my parents friends who was a caterer at the time), Optimus Prime birthday hat, the whole themed party kit and my big present was Optimus Prime. I suppose helping matters is I know later this year I'll complete Optimus with Roller and a "better" gun, but as is, right now, easily the best leader class product in years IMHO. This is in some ways what I wanted out of MP-01 all those years ago, but never got. A good transformer, with a neat transformation, poses well, looks awesome, and fun. He also has some of the dynamism that the Cyberverse has, in some ways, this feels like the "grown up" version of that transformation.

I didn't get Siege Optimus. I didn't particularly care for SIEGE Optimus or the redecos, so I didn't get them (I did get Galaxy Optimus, but that's a different issue), and frankly I'm glad I waited. I have zero issues about the robot mode, though I would've liked some differences on the trailer. Mostly to open it without having to split it and a way to have the battle pod stick naturally to the trailer in closed configuration, even if it's just a port that it could've popped into. I suppose knowing I've got Roller and another gun on the way helps as well.

Earthrise Optimus Prime Netflix Megatron.jpg Earthrise Optimus Prime - firing.jpg Earthrise Optimus Prime Matrix.jpg Earthrise Optimus Prime Truck.jpg Earthrise Optimus Prime Truck 2.jpg Earthrise Optimus Prime - Transformation 1.jpg Earthrise Optimus Prime - Transformation 1.5.jpg Earthrise Optimus Prime - Transformation 2.jpg Earthrise Optimus Prime - Transformation 3.jpg Earthrise Optimus Prime - Transformation 4.jpg Earthrise Optimus Prime - Transformation final.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  10. Scott_XIII

Scott_XIII Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone have a crooked chest (doest seem to tab in on one side) and how did you fix it?

11. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    >trailer for a 2019 leader class toy
    >perfect fit for a 2011 era deluxe

What pain is this.

12. TickTockGoesTheClock

TickTockGoesTheClock Dōmo arigatō, Mr Roboto

As nice as the photos are, it really highlights the blue eyes on blue face issue.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wish I liked this figures more. I don't hate him, but it eats away at me that he was $50. His lankiness makes him Voyager height, but he's still too miniscule in stature for Prime. Standing him next to any larger deluxe makes it look like he's just a deluxe with extended legs for height. Siege Prime doesn't feel this way.

14. Tonkatsu

I picked a Siege Optimus up for $10 and swapped their heads around the other day. I think both figures benefited tbh, cause Siege actually pulls off the blue eyes and blue face thing rather well imo? It doesn't bother me at all on him for some reason, where it did on Earthrise.

15. pegasusprime

pegasusprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just cut a silver sticker from hgac wing zero and put it on him

16. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

His saving grace for me is how much fun he is to transform. Have him in my weight room and I'm always fiddling during rep breaks. I really enjoy the ease of transformation, which is quite refreshing compared to my MP stuff.

• Like Like x 3
  17. 1BLD

1BLD Well-Known Member

This guy is... complicated.

Like Astrotrain, he feels like a Voyager+, not something which would necessarily work at a voyager price point. Positive.

He doesn't feel like a siege remold in hand, as he should since while parts are borrowed, no mechanisms are borrowed. I still need to use my tools to remove the vestigal tabs and that redundant port, but even the massively simplified leg transformation feels fine. Positive.

His trailer does feel like something I'll get more use out of than Shockwave or Astrotrain's extra bits. Positive.

I'm one of those people who would have loved to have bought MP44's cab without the trailer and it's assoxiated cost. Unlike those instances, this trailer doesn't feel like a well made thing I'd rather not have, it's a shoddily made thing I'd rather not have. Why is it barely taller than him in repair bay mode? Why are there holes in the floor? Why is the trailer stand so flimsy with no stop point? I suppose that given the option, I'd take a premium feeling cab with a crap trailer than a more equal allocation of resources. I'm not even after paint here, just for the stupid thing to feel somewhat solid. It's a box, there's no excuse for it to feel so flimsy. Massive negative.

The sprue allocation. Back/inside of the legs, back of the head, hands, the drone part of the trailer. Thise could all be molded in blue, surely those parts could add up to a sprue by themselves? Or don't be lazy, remold the leg sprue to include some of those other parts that meed to be blue, and get rid of the siege hitch while you're at it. Don't cheap me on the cab if the trailer is incredibly cheap. Negative.

Long term, when the price fades and the trailer isgathering dust at the back of the shelf or in a box, Earthrise prime is well positioned to be remembered well.

But with how leaders are going,can we just cut the crap and introduce a new £30-35 premium voyager price point, rather than having to pad out every leader with £10-15 worth of lackluster filler?

• Like Like x 6
  18. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Really can't stand the legs. They need to be redone.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  19. Thereal9thdoctor

Thereal9thdoctor Well-Known Member

YouTube:
    Kinda surprised at the hate this Optimus is getting. Bit late to the game but got mine two days ago. Yes, I get that the trailer could be better, but for someone like me, who builds and scratchbuilds models and figures that is an easy fix. The Optimus himself to me is amazing other than the smokestacks and I like chrome on my Optimus. So again, sorted...

I used Bare Metal foil for the chrome, a modeler's finishing material used for, well, chrome.I also extended the smokestacks with aluminum tubing to the length I liked. They might be a hair or too overtall now but I can totally live with that.

The trailer had two plates made from 0.060 plastic sheet glued underneath. I will be adding greeblies at some point before I paint the underside. I also added two aluminum tube braces to the wheel area so it will not compress anymore. I am gonna be painting and detailing the repair drone, cuttin off the peg on the shield/ramp piece of the rear door, and my girlfriend wants me to try to figure out some diaclone stations to attach in the trailer for base mode to look like the G1 toy, mainly cos I told her I got the Reprolabels set that has the viewscreens like the old toy. I also intend to paint silver on all hub caps, paint the entire silver sections of the trailer silver and possibly weather the outside of the trailer.

I know it sounds like I may be not happy with the figure since I am doing these mods, but to me A. I knew I could fix the few issues I had with it, and B. I typically end up at least doing some repainting on my TFs anyhow.

Attached Files:

20. Tonkatsu

That all sounds pretty cool, any decent pics though? It's kinda hard to see the work you've put in.