WFC Earthrise -Leader class Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by computron179, Dec 4, 2019.

1. LoserBroadside

LoserBroadside Your ship just came in.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Thanks! Great review btw!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

Oh good, of much height difference between this and Siege Megatron

• Like Like x 2
  3. Optimugatron

Optimugatron Well-Known Member

To expect the trailer to be painted is a bit much for a main line release's budget. I think he is about as perfect as we will get out of HasTak and I'm ok with that. We definitely need a Roller to go with him though. I'm hoping for something like WFC ER Cliffjumper.... small deluxe with big weapons that Prime can use.

So from the pictures it appears you can remove the butt kibble easily for those who have issues with it in bot mode, the same could be done with WFC S OP's backpack, though the arm kibble was a bit egregious (still infinitely better than Classics OP though).

I greatly appreciate the review and feedback. This guy cant release soon enough. It's a shame he wont be out until Spring, but Wave 5 from Siege is good enough to warrant the wait, and Leader Astrotrain is a wonderful preview of Earthrise! Now give me a Leader Rodimus Prime in the same spirit of this Optimus.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    dont really want this for myself..but I REALLY want to buy this one for my son. He loves his G1 prime, and he loves siege prime.

I think Hasbro did a decent job on this one so far. I would feel completely satisfied if it came with a roller..but im sure we will see a micromaster or deluxe combat parts version...right?

• Like Like x 4
  5. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Sausage puns are the wurst

News Credits:
    Google+:
    Tumblr:
    I'm glad for the people who want a more Earth-y Prime, and he doesn't look bad per say, but coming only a year after Siege Optimus... I just can't get excited about him. I have Siege Oppy next to my computer right now, and just messing around with him, he is more than enough Optimus for me for a good while. :) 

• Like Like x 2
  6. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hrm, kinda of a dumb little thing, but the design of his hips/thighs kinda bothers me. The way the hip plates are sculpted looks like it's suggesting contiguity with the thighs. It's like he's wearing pants, instead of his typical segmented pelvis. Especially since the contours are flush.

He looks that way because the sculpt and proportions convey a direct-line continuity with that figure. But honestly, I don't see a single thing on this toy that can be the same as the Siege Voyager. Maybe some of the joint parts?

And in terms of functionality, in some ways he looks more similar to the Studio Series Bumblebee Prime than the Siege figure.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  7. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As far as we know pic here are final. Roughly in the chronological order which they were produced:

1) Renders were done - we saw these first. Blue hands, yellow eyes iirc. Used on box back pics too.

2) Takara Tomy gets a really oddly coloured prototype, blue shoulders, grey hands, blue eyes. These are used in all their pics so far.

3) A "trial run" is done for NYCC, which irons out some of the TT oddities. grey hands, blue eyes. These were used for the official "in box" pics.

4) Production version, which multiple people now have in hand. Blue hands, blue eyes.

Now we didn't get to see them in that order, which is what has caused the confusion.

• Like Like x 5
  8. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    The headsculpt, lower legs, and feet are all reused from the siege voyager.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Yaujta

Yaujta Split second of divinity... Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't see a problem with that. Using what works for a design that is solid makes sense to me.

• Like Like x 6
  10. WEEGEE

WEEGEE Look a doggo! How c00t! He thinks he's an avatar!

News Credits:
    Great job! Thanks for listening .

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rob

Rob IDW FOREVER

News Credits:
    Yeah I 100% agree, this process is pretty much how most research goes (incremental improvements). It also allows the designers to redirect resources towards other elements.

if there is a ER Ironhide or Prowl and they have this level of differences from their Siege counterpart I am totally cool with that and would gladly buy new ones.

• Like Like x 2
  12. computron179

computron179 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Updated with more cab pics

• Like Like x 3
  13. Rob

Rob IDW FOREVER

News Credits:
    great thank you, so it seems like you don’t even have to flip down the knee flaps/siege weapon storage peg, if you don’t want to for vehicle mode?

• Like Like x 1
  14. computron179

News Credits:
    I flipped them in those last pics.they flip up/forward. It helps keep the red of the cab locked to the blue. It certainly isn't a must to turn into the cab but I believe its the proper transformation. Of course flipping them back down is better for robot mode."hey prime your leg flaps are showing again". 20191205_083024.jpg

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  15. NemesisJazz

NemesisJazz Well-Known Member

Hey computron, do you think the functionality of the crotch and hip is the same as Siege Prime? I might swap the crotch and hips if ever just to see.

16. Rob

Rob IDW FOREVER

News Credits:
    ha! That’s cool I think they gave him the IDW 1.0 style knee guard details; I appreciate having options.

[​IMG]
    Edit: disregard, the details are on the Siege one too.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  17. computron179

News Credits:
    Maybe not the crotch because the dark piece with rod is needed for transformation to truck cab. The front wheels and front end clip on to that rod . 20191129_125037.jpg

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  18. NemesisJazz

NemesisJazz Well-Known Member

Ah that solves that. I guess if anyone wants a non transforming guy perhaps thats the way to go

19. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

I'm just going to shove the one that came with Legends Prime from a few years ago in there.

I'm pretty pumped. This is basically my perfect Classics Prime. Just wish he still had the yellow eyes... but at least I got yellow-visored Soundwave.

• Like Like x 2
  20. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Do do I, but the hands are more important to me so I'm glad they got them right.

• Like Like x 2