WFC Earthrise Commander Class Sky lynx

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by computron179, May 30, 2020.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Finally got this magnificent specimen in the mail. Felt bad I waited this long but Kingdom took priority, but now that I got most of those sorted I decided to splurge on the real centerpiece of Earthrise.

It's amazing how good Sky Lynx is. He feels quality, few tolerance issues and no bad design. Nothing feels particularly incredible, plastic-wise, but feels so much better than a lot of ER figures that felt borderline KO in their heap sculpts and rough finishes. (looking at you, Astrotrain) The only issue I have is the way the wings tab in for shuttle mode. They don't necessarily fall out, but they don't really tab so much as sit. The peg on the bird legs is going perpendicular to the hole on the wings, the real hole is more like "negative space" formed in a way so as to avoid another axis of moulding (the wings are moulded vertically, whereas a proper hole would need to be horizontal) and it doesn't not work, it just doesn't work well. Also the lynx mouth is a little loose (but can hold up a small effect part) and the wings are floppy in various areas. (but likewise aren't so heavy that they fall out of a pose, just not as solid as I'd like)

I mean, if Commanders really do replace Titans as the "big toy" of the year, I can accept that if this is the quality we have to look forward to. Jetfire was good, but as is the law of nature, Sky Lynx is better.

:lolol 

• Like Like x 3
  2. Colton

Colton Banned

20210214_150142.jpg 20210214_150138.jpg 20210214_150134.jpg 20210214_150100.jpg 20210214_150030.jpg Just my quick 2 cents, but as a mechanic and a father of a 3 year old who loves transformers as much as I do, I'm constantly having to address issues with transformers he has. Most are manufacturers flaws or issues with engineering of a figure. I've come up with a great(in my opinion) fix for sky lynx wings falling off. I used a thick sewing needle and used heat to put it through the connector on both sides. Then cut the ends off and filed them down smooth. Then pushed the pin out to apply glue, then put it back in. Effectively pinning the wing into the connector. After a month of "testing" the pin hasn't moved and the wings are perfect. So for anyone who wants a permanent fix, this isn't too hard to do and it solves the issue completely.

• Like Like x 16
  3. WinstoBot

WinstoBot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Interesting fix. Well done. It’s always a bonus to have engineering skills when you’re in this hobby.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Cheetor Prime

Cheetor Prime Member

Autobots need energon or repairs? Skylynx and his crew has got you covered when out in deep space.

IMG_20210312_160527.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  5. Razzy

Razzy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I finally caved in and bought one. I always demand more transformers with nonhumanoid robot modes, so it was time to put my money where my mouth is.

Hopefully the blast effects won't have melted through everything else just yet.

Cya
    Raziel-chan

PS. Where the f*ck is my SS Hatchet?!

6. Robyn The Dragon

Robyn The Dragon Excited for Legacy Sandstorm/SS86 Springer

News Credits:
    This is a big bump, but since it's nearly Xmas and people may be getting money or considering a gift for themselves, I wanted to post it in here because I just got Sky Lynx and anyone else considering it: this would be a great addition to the collection!
    20211216145119~2.JPG

I saw this at retail when it was available and I was really kicking myself for not getting it the last couple of months. So bless the person who sold me a complete Skylynx for $50 because I did NOT want to pay over $100, but now that I have it in hand...this may be one of those rare circumstances where I would say that it's definitely worth the money from it's size alone.

The figure is great and the product photos don't do it much justice, but Combined shuttle mode and Griffin Mode are really where the figure shines into a work of art. When I saw pictures a long time ago I thought "Those proportions are wonky and it doesn't look very cohesive" but I was wrong. The ratchet joints galore can ensure you that he can be posed in a way that makes him look a little more natural and "animalistic" if that makes any sense.

I don't much care for his Lion and Bird mode, but regardless, it's still fairly accurate to the source material. Taking everything into consideration, I would say there was a great effort in making this figure shine and stand out from a lot of disappointment of the Earthrise line. Is the figure perfect? No, but it is possible that it's plagued with some of the more common issues such as a loose wing and an unclipped mouth, but it's easy to look past when you have a Transformer that has several modes and pulls them off well.

Recommended, even at the higher price point IMO.
    20211216144221~2.JPG

• Like Like x 7
  7. OptimusTarzan

OptimusTarzan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed. I too skipped him at retail after finding at Target for $79. Regrets bro! Then I bought him from Amazon warehouse for $56. Cheap because packaging was slightly crushed on the top right corner. Haven't opened him up yet but will before X-mas.

• Like Like x 1
  8. WereDragon EX

WereDragon EX Well-Known Member

Nice. I certainly won't dare to do that to my figure.

9. WereDragon EX

Saw this comment, and all I could think of was "Damn, this guy speaks the truth.". All hail Commander Modesty!

10. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Would anyone be interested in Sky Lynx being remolded into

6EA581FC-8D8E-4110-A19F-C3AE8C4CA6C2.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  11. Goose24

Goose24 Well-Known Member

Anyone know of good places to check for this guy? My 6 year old really wants a space chicken but I refuse to give TFSource 2x the retail price.

12. OptimusTarzan

OptimusTarzan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Afraid you're gonna have to pay the late tax. Unless you wanna check ebay and hopefully get lucky!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Zodiac1968340

Zodiac1968340 Beast Wars fan

News Credits:
    There are reissues of this one and Siege Jetfire in Taiwan and China, the local seller told me the date is Q4. Not sure if the shipping fee is worth it.

14. WereDragon EX

Tell your 6 year old son he can have Sky Lynx if he saves up for it, lol.

15. G1Optimal

G1Optimal Autobot

News Credits:
    ADCB6F3F-CF41-44DB-8977-F2CE8C4FFB97.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  16. mondo

mondo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    New pre-orders went up.

• Like Like x 3
  17. mondo

mondo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I ask this once but never got an clear answer. Does anyone have pics of WFC Sky Lynx with the official MMC Feral Rex (not resized)?

18. Goose24

Goose24 Well-Known Member

And thanks to BBTS hopefully we have his birthday present!

• Like Like x 4
  19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I'm glad Sky Lynx is being reissued. Now he can be the best Commander Class release of 2020 and 2022. :D 

• Like Like x 5
  20. WereDragon EX

Sky Lynx is chaffed that he missed the year in between.

• Like Like x 7