WFC Earthrise Commander Class Sky lynx

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by computron179, May 30, 2020.

1. Destron23

Destron23 Vehicon

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Just got my Skylynx from TRU.ca and idk if anyone else here has him, but when Skylynx's bird face is out, does the mouth not stay perfectly closed for anyone else? Finding that the sides of the Lynx that fold out for launch platform mode kinda unfold real easily too and wondered if anyone else has that issue as well? Also finding in bird mode he really can't stand up or balance himself at all!

2. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    He balances just fine after you get used to his bird legs. See: WFC Earthrise Commander Class Sky lynx

Also:
    [​IMG]

Haven't noticed anything else you mentioned.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I got this guy in the mail a couple days ago. After having spent some time with him now, I'm quite impressed overall. I was initially quite surprised by his heft. The box was much heavier than I expected and the toy itself keeps that same heft. Most of the joints are nice clickety ratchets which impressed me again. Overall, he's a fantastic update to the G1 figure. I'm quite happy with the figure, even if he is a little small compared to POTP Predaking, I can overlook that minor detail based on all of his other merits.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme One of the longest handles in the fandom!

Ebay:
    Ratchets! Glorious, Glorious Ratchets! Everywhere!

This works sufficiently for my MP shelf. It delivered on the boxes I needed checked especially with how the neck is designed. If you pose the chicken legs so they're more splayed out it completely counters how thin and spindly they are. Hits the red, blue and whites in a FAR superior way over the previous Hasbro Sky Lynx CW figure. Only a couple negatives. The under under blue wing doesn't lock in place in shuttle mode(unless I'm missing something). The upper under blue wing does, just not the lower. And I can't get the shuttle thrusters to peg into the base mode, which really isn't something I wanted/needed or even expected, plus I can angle and support the shuttle with the base ramp anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Preach Starscream

Preach Starscream Well-Known Member

I just got Skylynx over the weekend, and this is a damn fine toy. I love it. He looks great in all his modes, and I love being able to city build with him. Now Predaking finally has his rival.

• Like Like x 1
  6. IronSites

IronSites Obviously A Definitely Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I picked up Sky Lynx over the weekend and I've got say he is magnificent. Especially after figuring out how the snap the shuttle to the carrier securely.

My only real problem is that one of his wings is awfully loose and pops off really easily. Have other people encountered that issue?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    It's pretty common, and most likely down to being designed to pop off before breaking, have a check for any burrs or sprue flash on the offending wing' mushroom peg, if you find some remove it, and whether it has any flashing or not give the mushroom cap a lick of Future/Pledge floor polish, or whatever your preferred method for adding friction it, should sort it right out!

• Like Like x 2
  8. IronSites

Ebay:
    I'm fairly new to collecting Transformers, so I'm not quite sure what you mean by flashing and I can only imagine a Google search for that won't give me results I can view at work :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  9. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    On any injection-moulded plastic toy there's usually a telltale scuff mark or burr showing where an injection port or trapped air exhaust is in the mould, sometimes they are easier to spot because they are on a seam, these are often where excess plastic has had to be removed (imagine the toy component has been on a sprue frame like model kits come as at some point in it's manufacture), and as a mass produced item they are sometimes not fully/ideally trimmed & cleaned up so there might be a bit of excess material, even enough to make even a minimal imperceptible by eye bump can throw out the tolerance of a designed gripping/clipping point.
    Flashing is usually a fairly visible, pretty obvious overspill of plastic from the injection process that hasn't been properly removed but as I say it can be a tiny barely-perceptible amount that's enough to mess up a tolerance.

• Like Like x 2
  10. IronSites

Ebay:
    Hmm, I don't see any imperfections in the clip or on the clip. I suppose I'll have to look into Future/floor polish, that's not what I ever would have thought of for adding friction but I trust the people who've been doing this longer than I have. Thanks for the help!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Wespy

Wespy Well-Known Member

My figures left wing pops off constantly. To the point that its not fun to play with. I used future on the mushroom peg but its still too loose. Any other tips?

12. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    One thing I'm slightly worried about concerning this guy is that I don't know if it's made of the kind of white plastic that turns yellow later. It isn't that bothersome on other figures but Sky Lynx has to be this shade of perfect white. Some kinds of white plastic never seem to yellow, for example CW First Aid seems to have both since some sections on him are tainted now and other sections remain white.

13. mothman74

mothman74 New Member

My skylynx came in yesterday and im having trouble with the tabs that are on lynx mode that secure the back legs, they won't stay tabed in 16029489777453685295872449796757.jpg

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  14. ziltama

News Credits:
    The side panel is ever so slightly warped, so the tab likes to pop out. You can use heat to fix it, although you can just try to rubber band the panel tight and let it sit for a few days to see if that does the trick.

15. mothman74

mothman74 New Member

How many days you think for the rubber band

16. ziltama

News Credits:
    Try 2-3 first.

A heat gun would be much faster but not straightforward due to the size of the panel and potential risk of warping surrounding parts.

You can just play with bird mode in the meanwhile.

17. mothman74

mothman74 New Member

All right , thanks

18. Wespy

Wespy Well-Known Member

floor polish worked to tighten up everything, even the pegs for the base conversion on the lynx, except the left wing mushroom peg. I even took all flashing off peg. I ended up putting gorilla superglue on a paintbrush and brushing the peg holder. It’s a softer plastic. The gorilla glue bubbles up so I cut the end off a qtip and used the stick to flatten down the bubbles.

the wing stays on now and does not pop off when flapping it around.

I have never done the super glue trick before so I’m glad it worked out for this last issue.

it’s a much more enjoyable toy now and can hold effect pieces in both mouths no flopping.

bird wings stay put, easier to balance, easier to transform.

great tips on this board!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  19. coybrafett

coybrafett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My sky lynx also has the loose tabs. also, my copy has a pretty big wobble in the rear leg at the shoulder joint. The ratchets are nice and clicky but the in between is loose compared to the others. Luckily, it looks like the joint is fastened by a screw so I can easily take a look inside to see if its fixable.

20. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot

Found Sky Lynx out in the wild today for the first time and grabbed him up (happy birthday to me). I've messed around with him in every way possible and there's no warping, no parts popping off and no loose parts. Sky Lynx is far removed from a key figure for me but since he was there and not a commonly found figure I said why not, and hes a pretty good addition to my collection.

• Like Like x 1