WFC DLC hits next week.

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Prowl, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Damn, that's the day after I have my surgery. I'm gonna be too tired to even play the game by then.

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Speak for yourself buddy. I have a copy for both systems and have all but given up on playing anything but coop, on BOTH systems. In fact, I have had more successful Escalations on PS3 than on 360, and more successful TDM on 360. You've just been lucky.

3. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

Odd, I play like 30 games a night with my Xbox friends (at least ten of us that play on and off) and we rarely get lagged out and only have maybe two or three hosts quit out per session...

I'd hardly call it luck, I've gotten to Prime mode and put over 50 hours of play into multiplayer alone. Most 360 players I talk to don't have nearly as many problems as the PS3 folks seem to. From my experience the 360's multiplayer is pretty stable other then a few freezes here and there and getting stuck with some players with crappy connections, nothing that I haven't seen in other games.

4. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I really hope one of the DLCs ends up being another set of single player missions.

5. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Gotta agree with The Constructicon here. Worst I've had is my system locking up while playing multiplayer. Hosts quitting I don't mind now that they fixed the XP issue. Occasionally I'll bump into a few players with mixed up abilities, and, while annoying, they go down as easy/hard as any other player.

Though I DO hope a patch hits soon to fix glitches like that.

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cool, but seeing as how you don't have a PS3, you are only basing it on what you have "heard". I have been flip flopping between both, and the only thing that has been 100% reliable has been coop, and Escalation. I even had a lock up on coop on my 360. On top of that, I got booted during a TDM on my 360 and I was tearing apart on it, I didn't get the EXP for the match. Simply put, just because your buddies aren't talking about it, doesn't indicate that it's not happening. It's possible that it's happening more on the PS3, but my 360 (including my new slim) hasn't been devoid of problems in this game either. I want them to fix both before I put any more money into either of my copies, especially since all of the DLC is for online only.

Since I've been playing Red Dead on PS3 for hours and hours online without a single drop, then I see that it's an issue that Activision/Highmoon needs to address with their game, because for me, I'd be spending 20 bucks to play with both crowds and I am not doing it if they don't repair it on both systems.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  7. The Constructicon

Well since they are in the games with me I can say that they're having the same experience as I am.

As for what I've "heard" I'm agreeing with you, I don't know what the PS3 users are going through but from what everyone here says it's pretty bad, not trying to argue that.

8. Nemesis*Prime

Nemesis*Prime Decepticon Warlord

News Credits:
    Well I'd be jumping for joy at the prospect of getting my hands on this pack, but oh yeah - IT'S NOT AVAILABLE FOR THE PC VERSION! Thank you Activision, I knew you were going to find some way to screw me over.

9. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I might be in the minority, but I would prefer this too.

I just don't play online games a lot, and before WFC my most recent experience was Red Dead on PS3. We played all night and none of us got dropped. Now here comes Transformers, and I start experiences these stupid connection problems, so then I buy it for the 360 so I can play with some of the guys, and I try jumping onto random games and I get the same issues. I know that no other game I have personally played on 360 has had these issues, so it's something that is a game-killer for me (for online at least, because I love the story mode)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  10. Transquito

Transquito Reach For The Light

That's quite a nice trailer!
    Glad they decided to use Till all are one, again :D 

11. King Henrik

King Henrik Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    that looked awesome! the escalation maps look great! the lowering of the water looked like a great alternative to opening doors and did i see activate-able repair sentries? great ideas!

12. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I really really want to unlock Demolishor, Scattershot, Onslaught and Shockwave...but at the same time I don't want to support Activision anymore then I already have. Hell, I'm even iffy about supporting HMS since they don't even seem to want to respond to all the issues people are having.

I can't even play a single game with a buddy of mine from across the pond, every other game we've tried works fine but this one just won't connect. That bugs me since one of the reasons she bought the game in the first place was so we could co-op and MP stuff.

I might wait a few days to see if they fix the MP problems when they release this DLC...otherwise I'll just have to say screw it and not even bother. I got plenty of games I could go back to playing that actually work.

13. The Constructicon

I wouldn't prefer single player missions over multiplayer but I sure do what some in another update.

14. The Constructicon

Anyone else think it's turning out more and more like Call of Duty's Nazi Zombies mode?
    Now it looks like we can spring traps and other things just like in their DLC. XD

15. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, like maybe some character-driven mini stories involving some of the characters that didn't get much limelight in the story mode.

16. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:

I have it on PS3 and I really don't have any connection problems. I can get into any game whenever I want, and aside from the occasional laggy games and losing connection to the host, it runs smoothly. But hey maybe I'm just lucky

Anyways the DLC looks great, although I'd still prefer if it was a bit cheaper but I'll get it none the less. Really can't wait for the Escalation maps, espically the 'Con map, the current 'Con Escalation map is a bitch

17. The Constructicon

I want a mission where you get to play as the Constructicons and have to learn to form Devastator for the first time, then you would get to go on a rampage through Cyberton. Maybe a combiner DLC, each side gets one, now I'd pay for that instantly...

18. ronin0510

ronin0510 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I want to be able to play as anyone I want in single player. Like in the Jet levels be any Jet I want and in the other levels be anyone I want to. As well as character specific missions for the new characters.

19. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    To all of you guys who are complaining about not getting access to Jazz, Demolishor, etc. on the PC:

I have a feeling that these characters already exist on the game disc and that a little hacking is probably all that is needed to make them available to players. You may have to do some digging online, but I'd bet somebody out there is working on some sort of character unlocker executable or script. As a matter of fact, I think there's a TFW player (can't remember who) who has already noted that he's done a bit of hacking on the game already.

You won't get the new maps, but I personally don't think no access to the maps would be as bad as no access to unique characters.

20. King Henrik

King Henrik Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    i've never been a fan of "realistic" shooters... i need that sci-fi edge or generally i'm not interested. the nazi zombie mode always sounded extremely interesting but i've just never cared for the CoD games.