Well... here it goes again...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by My03Tundra, Mar 20, 2008.

1. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    I made the plunge on 03/18/08 on a 2008 Honda CR-V EX in Borrgeo Beige Metallic. Once I saw the color, I loved it as it reminded me of the color from my 2003 Toyota Tundra. I felt comfortable with purchase and will miss some of the truck like features, but not the truck like mileage.

I traded mainly because of mileage and that I never truly felt satisfied with the truck. I would recommend a Ridgeline for those who need a medium sized truck, but it wasn't the right move for me when I first bought it. Honestly, I should've looked more but you live and learn and move forward with life. The Ridgeline was one HELL of an awesome experience that I'll never truly forget, and neither will I forget this site.

I paid around the fair market price of the CR-V and got my payments at $275.49. It was RIGHT where I wanted to be, and the price I wanted to get. I also opted not to get the extended warranty and will buy it within the next six months, likely with a combination of my tax refund and tax rebate checks.

So far, I really like the CR-V and it is a fun little SUV to drive. It may not be the quickest SUV out there, but it is very practical and still holds a lot. Nowhere near as much as the Ridgeline did, but my needs didn't warrant a gas thirsty truck at this time. I did want an SUV like the CR-V for it's cargo expansion options.

Pictures will be forthcoming, as I brought home Sage, the name of my CR-V right at sundown. Great time for cinematic photos, but not when trying to photograph vehicles with the photographic equipment I have.

2. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Nice choice, congrats!

3. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I love my truck (an '01 Nissan Frontier), but I wish I had a paycheck to buy a new one.

I wouldn't, I just wish I had the option.

And yeah, good call on the CR-V.

4. SunDown

SunDown Fatty McFatFat

the crv might not be as great on mileage as you think. I realize yours is the new body style (and it looks a lot nicer IMO) but my wife has a 05 crv...regulary gets no more than 15 here in mixed city country driving. Driving it from oregon to iowa when we moved I could not get any more than 21 out of it. I hope you get better mileage than we get.
    BTW, Im a gear head, so its got all synthetics, clean k&n air filter each oil change, proper inflation in the tires. BTW, if you do your own oil changes these CRV's are a pain in the but to get the oil filter off of without drenching the right side LCA and one of the crossmembers in oil.
    but its been reliable and it can carry a quite a bit in the cargo area. It gets the job done but it seriously needs a shot in the arm for performance when considering its overall mileage, or lack there of.

5. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    I guess Kevin Spacey was right, it really is something new to Crave

6. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Congrats on getting that payment when trading in a vehicle after one year. That isn't easy. Unless the term is like 84 or 96 months.

7. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Congrates on the new purchase!
    I just bought a new van for the Family.
    Not as exciting, but cool none the less:

A 2003 Chevy Venture (only has 53000 kms.) That is like 20000 miles.

8. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

I'm not a big fan of Honda or Toyota, but hey... everyone has their own preferences. Glad that you got yourself a car that you like.

9. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    You are the carinest guy I know.

10. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :lol 

good to hear, car guy!