Well... 16% on rotten Tomatoes

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by HawaiianBro808, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My first exposure to BvS was the extended cut on Blu-Ray, well after cultural and critical awareness had primed me to expect anything but "lighthearted" and "vacuous."

The movie was dreadful from beginning to end. A long, loud, unpleasant, incoherent, slog that boggled my mind as to how anyone thought it was a good idea to commit these images to screen.

Expectations had nothing to do with it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Boneless Pizza

Boneless Pizza Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Worse than ROTF and AOE?

3. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    Yes.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Hotrod94573

Hotrod94573 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just got back from the movie and there's no way it's the worst. Sure it's plot is overstuffed but it's still enjoyable and hell at least it has a fucking plot

• Like Like x 2
  5. Promoney121

Promoney121 Well-Known Member

agreed, not even close...one of the better ones...not perfect, but I dont know what people are talking about

• Like Like x 1
  6. JazzIsBeast

JazzIsBeast Well-Known Member

BvS got a 3.6/5 (or 7.2 on a 10 point scale) on RT and a 7/10 on Metacritic, and that's despite the piling on that usually happens with badly reviewed movies (where people downvote/upvote a movie more than they would have because of negative/positive reviews). The UC, or the original film, was even better recieved.

Are these out of the world scores? No, but once again, these are still well received films, compared to the 4.9/10 on RT & 44 it got on Metacritic.

7. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    Well I Just got back and well....as someone who loved ROTF and adored AOE....I have to say this one fell flat on it's face. Like holy shit...in opinion this one sucked. And its not even because of the plot it's just sooo much wasted potential and felt super rushed. Might not go see it again in theaters...god it pains me to type this.

• Like Like x 2
  8. j.a.f.o.

j.a.f.o. Just Browsing/Not Buying

I don't care enough about this movie to get pissed about you not putting a spoiler tag on your comment, but I do care enough about my fellow members who might.

9. Boneless Pizza

Boneless Pizza Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    So I should just save my money for Spider-Man, Dunkirk and Planet of the Apes?

10. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Every single post in here is almost universally going against what you're claiming here.

11. BR3AKDOWN

BR3AKDOWN Stunticon Trooper

I expected this to preform as much. Personally I thought the film was okay.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

True words have never been spoken.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    Right? Before tonight I was planning on at least a few viewings, trying out a bunch of different formats. I saw Age of Extinction FIVE TIMES. This one... might be one and done and it makes me sad.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Hadar Sen Olmen

You know...I really wanted to be proven wrong in my doubts. I mean, if the DCEU could finally put out a decent movie, I wanted to believe Transformers would do the same. But not this time, I guess...

• Like Like x 3
  15. Autobot Tool

Autobot Tool Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know if you guys missed it but when TRF attacks the castle there is an old transformers war plane that passes out and falls asleep on the ground

• Like Like x 1
  16. TexasBEAST

TexasBEAST Arch-Analyzer

The Province of the Solitary Astral Phenomenon
    But I want them to be. I'd love to see a good live action adaptation of the G1 cartoons and comics brought to the big screen. I think the source material warrants that kind of treatment. G1 came first, and it made TF a worldwide phenomenon. A huge part of the BF films' success is the fact that people waited so many years to finally see TF movies; we've desperately craved good flicks based on our favorite bots. The BF movies traded on that desperation and nostalgia, and then gave us turds.

G1 deserves a shot, a lot more than these hairbrained juvenile BF plots do. And there's no need to concoct all these silly characters, when the G1 ones (especially the Tech Spec character profiles) already provided plenty of great material to work with. They forsook that gold mine and went with whatever they could think of off the tops of their heads, or whatever they could pull out of their backsides. And to me, that shows that they never really wanted to honor the real guts and core of Transformers: the story. They just wanted to use TF to push their own ideas and clichés. This was never anything but fodder for them to use and abuse.

Fine, whatever. They've been very successful at it.

But once people finally wash the foul BF taste out of their mouths, I hope someone gets around to making faithful, committed, respectful G1-based movies. And I hope that Bay closes his franchise soon enough that the others can get it done before I get old and die.

• Like Like x 1
  17. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    I know :(  I mean...it just felt like this one was nothing BUT jokes. Every moment that was supposed to be a major one (save for
    burtin getting killed
    ) just seemed to be very anti climactic. Including Bee getting his voice back. What I REALLY couldn't stand this time around, was that
    literally ALL the fucking decepticons die in one scene. ONE. What was the point in even hiring voice actors on them? And making them seem like they'll do much besides getting ordered to go die a quick death? :banghead
    they even screwed the OP vs Bee fight! Literally
    ALL the best scenes in that fight...or actually..all the best scenes in the whole damn movie were already show in tv spots and trailers!

• Like Like x 3
  18. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    I thought it was a tiny Jetfire for like a half second. I was confused, lol.

19. shumashoom

shumashoom Well-Known Member

This movie was exhausting.

Almost all the cons gets one shotted, Barricade does NOTHING, cade blocks a knight swing, Vivian does NOTHING, Optimus is evil for like 2 minutes, bumblebee randomly speaks and can reassemble body parts and one shots nitro zeus, infernicus dies by optimus in 17 seconds, Dragonstorm does NOTHING, slug is in the movie for literally 9 seconds, Megatron gets owned in less than 20 seconds...this movie is just...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  20. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    You do a lot of counting while in the theater? :lol 

• Like Like x 2