Well... 16% on rotten Tomatoes

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by HawaiianBro808, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Is it fair to assume everyone's making sure this will TRULY be the LAST time Bay ever touches a Transformers movie?

Because goddamn...

• Like Like x 3
  3. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Yeah I get that. And that's fine. But then you'd be ignoring like 80% of the movie and just enjoying the moving pictures. And if that's all you like that's fine.
    But I like story, plot, character development, cohesion, and respecting the source material. And it just baffles me that so many people are willing to look the other way about this.

And yet Marvel is still doing a hell of a lot better than Bayformers when respecting the source material.
    I'm not expecting Marvel to be EXACTLY like the comics just like I'm not expecting Bayformers to be EXACTLY like G1 but I am expecting the people involved in making the movie to have some respect or passion for the movie or otherwise we get a lazily half-hearted movie like we've getting.

• Like Like x 1
  4. HoneyPrime

HoneyPrime ♥♥ Smokescreen ♥♥

I knew I could come here after the movie came out and see overwhelming negativity. I love ya TFW2005, this has been my go to place for years and will continue to be for many years to come, but some things just never change.

I loved the movie, just like I did all the others. I did have my "Uh Wut?" moments, just like I did with all the others, but I still had a very enjoyable time. I will be going back to see it again at least one more time.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I don't know people have thrown the Bay is not coming back party a bunch of times only for Bay to be right back. Given they already have a director lined up for Bumblebee it's safe to say they aren't going to sack the director to let Bay have it. But I'm not willing to say that Bay will not be back for the film after Bumblebee.

6. Mr JackatooTM

Mr JackatooTM I'm a Colossal boi

News Credits:
    Am I the only one who found the movie enjoyable??

• Like Like x 1
  7. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No. There were some good parts to it. I'm hoping the second viewing this weekend will be better so I can fully like it at least. I'm not holding my breath, though.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mr JackatooTM

Mr JackatooTM I'm a Colossal boi

News Credits:
    The endgame is the best part of the movie. The start is a little boring tho.

9. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    Try 15%.

Time to die! Come on Chinese fans, we have never been closer to a fresh direction. KILL IT. They fully deserve it. The amount of ignorance that has gone into these movies, and the ignorance from those who glorify it just because it carries the word TransFormers in the title, boggles the mind. Here we are 5 movies in, and only because of China. Otherwise it would have already stopped at 4. I implore Chinese fans to rebel against giving your money to Americans who care nothing about your living conditions and would make them worse if they could profit from it.

I guess a room full of sub par writers didn't fix this? Imagine that.

Let's take our mythology back, starting today. The toys aren't moving either. They will have no choice.

• Like Like x 4
  10. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    No they wont. China has a Huge TF Fanbase and there's nothing we cannot Do. Like I said, The movie's chances of reaching Billions is Tenfold thanks to it's help overseas Including China. The Bumblebee Movie will follow the same vein, only in the style of Minions.

TLK is The Dragon Ball Z of the Movieverse. It's Over 9000.

11. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh god no. TLK was bad, but it wasn't Dragonball Z (2009) bad.

12. ILoveLuci4

ILoveLuci4 Well-Known Member

Yup.
    Wow. Somebody who gets how things work! In the movie section, no less!

If by broken, you mean that hack directors and writers put out absolutely shitty garbage and still the mass illiterati makes millionaires of them, then - yes - the system is broken.

Heads in the sand.

Most movie-goers are morons. They don't go to the theaters for inventive storytelling, breath-taking cinematography or thought-provoking art. Most go to these ******ed action flicks to see guns, "'splosions", flesh, lesbian robots, ninja monkeys, etc.

Seriously, folks: These movies are the equivalent of a joint and two twinkies. They are not art. They are celluloid feces. You can say you like them; You can enjoy them. You can make Michael Bay and di Bonaventura filthy stinking rich. You can take your grade school children to see and hear a lot of sex jokes, statutory rape discussions, and upskirt shots. But don't get mad when people that know the arts point out how mind-numbingly stupid they are.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

I think most movie goers appreciate good storytelling and cinematography, but movie goers want a lot of things (there is no one ideal part of movie), and also, importantly, you can't actually put 'this is a complex story you'll enjoy,' in a trailer, you can hint at it but trailers are a snippet, while impressive action and such is something you can put in a trailer, so, people come to the stuff they can see, not because they're morons, but because they're judging based on what they can see without seeing the movie, and because they're after different things. Just getting one's pulse pounding and excited is an enjoyable experience after all.

The Bayverse transformers trailers and marketing are very good at selling people something they actually want to see- exciting stories with giant robots. They're hoping for a not-bad movie doing a relatively simple thing. And if they want giant robots doing enjoyable stuff on the big screen, well.... there's Pacific Rim, and there's Transformers, and that's about it, ain't it? So they know that there's a chance they'll get exactly what they're looking for, but often they know there's a chance that it won't. And even if the movies are bad, there is still flecks of what they want in there. There's still Optimus and giant robots fighting and such.

If there was a higher quality giant robot alternative that came out around the same time, I suspect these films would've cratered much sooner, but they're hitting a niche that not many other films are scratching and that's why they're succeeding (... to a decreasing extent) despite the problem, a combination of good marketing and people really wanting a movie similar to these, just... better.

Also, all movies are art. Even bad movies! They're just crappy art.

• Like Like x 1
  14. TF10

TF10 Movie,TFP,MPM...

News Credits:
    I'm really really disappointed.

15. SimbaTron

SimbaTron Transformers & Gundam

News Credits:
    Nope I enjoyed it and liked it too but didn't love it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jazzmustlive123

Jazzmustlive123 jazz died thinking he's the coolest

Aren't we all?

• Like Like x 1
  17. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Thor is done pretty well in regards to his character. As are the Guardians of the Galaxy. Ant man as well for Scott Lang. Same for Daredevil, Black Panther and Luke Cage. Yea we're not getting 100% adaptations but the characterization is the same. Hawkeye suddenly isn't a mute character speaking with a radio (BB). Vision doesn't look like Vindicator with the personality to match (Hound). Steve Rogers isn't going to threaten to slit someone's throat if they don't fight alongside him the way Prime did in AOE. You're not gonna get an Avengers movie with the focus on that guy playing Galaga the way the TransFormers movies are not really about the Transformers characters but the human ones.

Let's compare fandoms.

TF: The Last Knight 16% favorable and yet people still defend it like zealots.
    Mass Effect: Andromeda 74% favorable and the fandom thinks it's garbage.

Even if the movies do well while being garbage, what does that say about the franchise?

It's becoming like the worst fast food, sure it makes money but no one respects it. It costs as much as quality food though, so it's not even cheaper. If given the choice between 3 day old mcdonalds from a guy on the corner of the street or a meal from a michelin star restaurant, what would one pick if both cost the same?

The general populace has accepted that MCU are usually good movies with character development, plot and storylines. Fox did it with Logan and Deadpool. It's completely ruined the series and made it so that the general populace thinks the entire franchise has no plot or character depth.

This franchise has gone the way of the 90's batman movies and it will be much harder to clean the turds from the franchise. But hey, it'll continue to attract dung beetles so there is that.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  18. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Which may well be part of the problem: these movie plots threaten the Earth's very existence in 4 four of their 5 entries that it may be getting to the point where the audience is not saying "Oh no, not Earth! Anything but that!" but now they're getting up the movie's face saying "I dare you! I double-dare you, motherfucker! Blow the planet up: actually shake some shit up!" and the movie is just backing out at the last second.

19. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The film had a bad start in china! The china "rt" is tearing the film apart also and they loved the other movies! China won't save this film! Looks like we have transformers batman and robin!

• Like Like x 2
  20. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe Paramount knows this movie isn't going to do as good as past movies. I mean the advertising keeps saying THE FINAL CHAPTER right? Lmao!!! Maybe they know. And are like shit!!! We just are not going to be able to salvage this but we hyped it so much, we have to give them "something". Ok let's TRY and salvage what we can. Cut this, cut that, wait put that back. Um where did this scene go again? Forget it!!!! Just stick it in there anywhere! Come on we got to get this movie out people!! Lol!!!

• Like Like x 2