Well... 16% on rotten Tomatoes

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by HawaiianBro808, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Well that makes sense since Bayformers are more marketed towards Joe Average and less for the fans.

• Like Like x 1
  2. iceburn9

iceburn9 Constructicon

News Credits:
    Ah yes, the classic 'if you like Transformers you're less intelligent' retort.

• Like Like x 2
  3. AshleyCuadra

AshleyCuadra Tieria Prime

News Credits:

On YouTube

• Like Like x 1
  4. fallen_revenge

fallen_revenge Movie News Addict

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    While the movie was still bad, I definitely enjoyed it a whole lot more in my second viewing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lol BS

• Like Like x 2
  6. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    16% is about right honestly.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I've got to disagree that there is no danger.

Disney made a stinky rotten no good Pirates 4. Because people paid money to see such a bad film Disney said hey if people don't give a darn if the movie is good or not we can just crank out a Pirates 5 and not worry if it's any good or not. So we got a stinky rotten no good Pirates 5. Disney could have put that budget and release slot into something else but if people don't care than Pirates 5 instead of some other film project.

Also everyone isn't single with high blood pressure and within a short drive of a movie theater like I am. So a buck or two worth of gas, $4.80 for a movie ticket, no popcorn, no soda. But say you were not single and you didn't live near a movie theater. That's pack the spouse and kids in the car for a trip to the theater, everyone is going to need a movie ticket. Then snacks and soda is going to get real expensive real fast.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    it's at 64% audience score now on RT.

9. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Those are your words dude, not mine.
    The Bayformers movie's ARE marketed towards the average movie goers and less for the fans.
    Where Marvel movies on the other hand shows love to both. They want new fans but value the old ones.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I liked Pirates 5!

• Like Like x 1
  11. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Not quite the problem with this one. It DOES have substance and it does have style. It's just haphazardly thrown together. That's the biggest problem. I don't agree with the Joe Average comment. That seems to demean the audience watching it. Just because it's made for a wider audience, doesn't mean they're average or less than. I've seen plenty of intelligent people in the theater enjoy these films, nothing average about them.

I have to say, that's how I took it, too. I don't like when people, including critics, say things like that. The late Roger Ebert responded in kind against a horrible fan who attacked him for his review of ROTF. He called the lot of us cavemen or Neanderthals, basically.

It's a movie. There's no danger. Bring it down a notch.

All movie companies do this, it's not just Disney or Paramount or Fox, etc. Everyone does it. No movie is perfect, nor will there ever be perfection.

Okay, now you're just making it silly and outlandish. My jaw dropped when I first read this because it's utterly insane.
    1.) No one is holding a gun to anyone's head forcing them to see this or any other movie. Save the melodrama.
    2.) High blood pressure is the fault of the person, not the movie company's issue or fault. Good grief, are you serious right now?
    3.) Whether one goes solo or with the family is also the choice of the individual(s). The movie company is not at fault, here.
    4.) It's expensive whether you go solo or as a group/family. This is not dangerous.

None of what you gave as examples (aside from the HBP) are a danger and they're a choice of the people forming the audience, the film and it's company have no control over that. Utter silliness on all sides. Dangerous? Ridiculous. Shame on you for spouting insane gibberish to try and make a point. It's become clear to me that you're willing to go to extremes to win an argument on the internet and yet you still fail. I've read some really, really outrageous things on this board, from the fandom, but this is just incredibly brain splattering.

Let me help you make it even more outlandish. Bayhem style.

"Bob, I'm here on the scene of a horrific car crash that took the lives of an entire city. Why? Because one family, with a driver who was known for high blood pressure, crashed his vehicle into the local molten molasses factory, thereby covering the citizens and turning it all into an ooey, gooey modern day Pompeii. All of this could've been avoided if they just hadn't made a fifth Transformers film. Doggone it, Michael Bay, does your insidiousness know no bounds? Oh, the humanity! Explosions! Fireballs! Half dressed women of questionable age! A rousing soundtrack! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together – mass hysteria. OH, SWEET RELEASE! IF ONLY THIS FAMILY HADN'T CHOSEN TO GO WATCH A MOVIE WITH A DRIVER WITH HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE! WHY DO THESE THINGS HAPPEN?! GOOD GOLLY ME! SAVE A LIFE, DON'T GO SEE THESE MOVIES! NOOOOO! IT'S DANGEROUS!"

*smh* Seriously, bring it down a notch.

Perhaps his words, but it was easy to infer from your words.
    There's nothing wrong with being an average Joe. There's nothing wrong with being a fan. Both sides of the audience can come together and enjoy or hate something. Neither one is smarter or dumber because they're not on the other side of things.

Opening the film to an audience that's not just fans doesn't make the film or the audience stupid, it's a smart move, actually. Means a bigger take for the box office because our numbers to compared to the world are piddly in comparison.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    A funny collage.

Hehehe.
    19366478_1723191491054421_2233062655655850788_n.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  13. Jazzmustlive123

Jazzmustlive123 jazz died thinking he's the coolest

I guess we can't say the even number films in this franchise are always the bad ones now.

• Like Like x 2
  14. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Oh god, I can't stand seeing so many cringing faces all at once...

Come on Internet critics, it's a goddamn movie! It's not like it's going to usher in World War III!

What, do these guys get more views when they're overacting like...this?

• Like Like x 1
  15. JazzIsBack

JazzIsBack Well-Known Member

DON'T YOU DARE LISTEN TO THIS GUY!........Its way more fun reading about people overreacting.

16. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Maybe, but a guy like me who just ignores the errors, hiccups, and plot holes in a movie and enjoys what's on the screen can only handle so much vitriol...something of which these guys evidently have too much of.

I'm not trying to say Bay's the greatest ever, but this whole "Bay-bashing" frenzy is really becoming a "beating a dead horse" thing at this point.

17. JazzIsBeast

JazzIsBeast Well-Known Member

Are you serious??????

:D :D :D :D :D 

Outside of Hulk, Ironman, and Cap, it seems that the MCU doesn't give a shit about the source material.

18. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thing is though, you even have hardcore fans of the films (including myself) dissapointed with this one. Thats when you know you've hit an all-time low.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mark

Mark Just here for the toys

Ebay:
    Flickr:
    Umm.. I think he's saying that because he has high blood pressure he doesn't buy popcorn or soda or other snacks. Therefore making it cheaper for him. I didn't see anything to indicate that he's blaming the movie.

We probably shouldn't be using the term "risk" here, as it doesn't really apply. I would use "downside" instead. And there certainly is a downside to wasting your time and money on a bad movie.

20. APB

APB Well-Known Member

Hahahahahahahaha!

"No other movie comes close."

Hahahahaahahahahahahaha!