Welcome to TFW2005 - The "I am new to this board" Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deefuzz, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Marcatron here!

Hello there! I just joined this site cause I'm a huge fan of G1 Transformers. I grew up with them in the 80's and glad to see a lot of my favorites have been re-issued. I have a nice small collection pictured here and would like to make it grow! Not included in the photo is my newest Megatron Masterpiece, and soon to be Skywarp and Thundercracker purchased from ebay today! [​IMG]

2. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

humble start, hope you can support your plastic crack addiction. :lol 

3. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Kaltor is awesome.

4. HamptonEdwards

HamptonEdwards New Member

Hi friends,I am new to the Forum so thought I should say hello!This forums looks like its full of good info, I'll be visiting here often.Nice place to study and related topic discussion.Hope to find some new friends on here to chat on some important and informative topics.

5. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Welcome all!

Now start digging.

6. S.A.A.M.

S.A.A.M. Beta-Maximus

Hello.

I'm from Canada so I usually post in cybertron.ca. I come to TFW to check out the news and never thought to check the boards until now! So I guess I'll be here whenever it gets a little dry on the Canadian board (which I feel it kind of is right this minute).

I was 5 years old when the Transformers came out. I've been obsessed with them since. But only the G1 series and anything based on it ( Classics, Masterpeice, AHM, etc. ). I hated Beast Wars when it came out, but embraced the series on DVD. I loved the Bay films, and yeah that includes ROTF.

Like a lot of you, I'm an avid toy collector. I got back into toy collecting 10 years ago slowly (re)building a G1 collection.

My favorite Decepticon is Rumble. Favorite Autobot is Prime.

I like beer.

7. shizen22

shizen22 Subaru's drill punch

News Credits:
    Hello. Since I recently registered I thought I might as well introduce myself. I'm based in Houston, TX USA. My main interests are TF toys, anime, manga, and video games as well as stuff related to them. I been here occasionally from google links to reviews and info that I look for when considering purchases however it's only this year that I became member. I'm not sure if I'll become an active member as most likely I'll remain a lurker until some event or other persuades me otherwise. My recent reasons for coming by is to get info on my recent new interest, Busou Shinki, and while at it got hooked onto a couple of the webcomics that were posted here (namely "It's Funness on a stick" and "Warring at Play"). My TF collection started from the later G2 days when Hasbro started dishing out toys that weren't complete bricks and really exploded during the BW era. Nowadays, I'm very picky with my purchases since while I have nowhere near the amount of some of the people here, it is still more toys than I feel like keeping around so perhaps I might get rid of a few here if I get around to it.

8. jtwhoib

jtwhoib Protocol

Ebay:
    I've already posted a few times on some threads but I will go ahead and introduce myself here. I'm from MS. I love all things TF and Star Wars mostly. I don't think I could ever get good enough to customize or kitbash but I love looking at all the awesome work all of you guys have done here. I'm just in amazement at the talent you guys have. I had several bots as a kid and have just recently started back up collecting. You all have already helped me alot in deciding what to get. Thanks!!!

JT

9. BUSHNAK

BUSHNAK Galactic Tyrant

Hey everyone, new to the forum and the whole Transformer thing.

10. FMA1987

FMA1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    welcome one and all!!!

11. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Welcome!

12. Prime_Directive

Prime_Directive less than meets the eye

News Credits:
    Bah weep granah weep ninny bong! I heard you guys had some great JaAm, so I decided to pop on over and stick around for a while!

13. SpencimusPrime

SpencimusPrime _

News Credits:
    Welcome.

14. perceptor2.0

perceptor2.0 artist

back

well its just saying its good to be back, I got out of collecting for awhile, but after seeing transformers g1 movie again and watching headmasters I had to get back. I have a huge collection then sold it all and started playing warhammer which I still do but i missed my plastic.

thanks and I hope to start build up again.

15. kraven

kraven Decepticon

Welcome back! That movie will do it!

16. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    welcome back, i got into warhammer before i got back into tfs, now i have my armies that i never use and keep buying plasticrack

17. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fantastic introduction! Welcome!

Welcome to all!

18. Optimus_Prime

Optimus_Prime Roll out!

Hi, everyone! I was a longtime lurker (three or four years, lol), but decided I should finally participate. :)  I feel silly that I chose such a common username, but it's not as common on other sites and I'm so used to it. :p 

I'm an admin at another site (not TF-related and much smaller) and I'm impressed with how smoothly things seem to go on such a big site. Well done, staff and members alike! I'm always open to suggestions (we use vB as well). Oh, and if anyone plays the Hot Shots Golf/Everybody's Golf/Minna No Golf games, let me know! :) 

I got my first TFs when the show came out in '84 and am back to collecting again. I always swing by the toy aisle (whether I buy or not), so I plan to help folks in my area on the Sightings board. Looking forward to talking with everyone. 'Til all are one!

Cheers,
    OP

19. Mechafire

Mechafire Tarnished Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Welcome, everyone! :D 

20. jetfire4321

jetfire4321 Banned

hi and welcome