Welcome to TFW2005 - The "I am new to this board" Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deefuzz, Dec 11, 2007.

1. thekrislyons

thekrislyons New Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Hi all!

Been a figure collector for some time now. Had quite a large Hasbro transformers collection up until 2013 when my son was born. I had made the tough decision of selling a few hundred bots in an effort to declutter and shift my life away from spending on frivolities.

Fast forward to November of 2018, and my now (nearly) 6 year old son is suddenly showing an interest in Transfomers, telling me that he's going to be asking Santa for some bots. Santa heard his request loud and clear, and my son ended up with a decent selection of Transfomers from the siege and power of the primes lines.

In the aftermath of Christmas, we're opening them up and I get a chance to mess with that siege Hound, and it just hit me again. I got the bug BAD. I'm in a much more secure financial situation than I was when he first entered the world, in addition to living in a large house with an entire room of my own. That morning I made my decision. I'm jumping back in. So here I am.

I've settled on collecting mostly 3rd party legends scale at this time, with the random 3rd party mp thrown in for good measure. I'm in awe of how far the 3rd party offerings have come in my time away. As a result of having to relearn the game, I've been lurking these boards for the last 4 months, so I figured I might as well register and join in on the conversation.

Thanks for having me.

"Til All Are One!"

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  2. daddeshe01

daddeshe01 Member

Hello new here

I hope I have fun

• Like Like x 1
  3. RFAurora

RFAurora Member

Hi all,
    I'm RFAurora, and I'm finally writing my introduction to the forums. I am a life long Transformers fan starting with G1 in the 80s, Beast Wars, and some of the early 2000s series. I got back into serious collecting right at the end of the Combiner Wars line with UW Defensor. Now I have a nice collection, and am starting work on custom bots and combiners.

• Like Like x 1
  4. KremzeekTyCobb

KremzeekTyCobb Tears that soak a callous heart

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  5. SuperRock7

SuperRock7 Gone for some milk

News Credits:
    Hey!

Decided to join in on this forum because I really like transformers! After I heard about the new movie and the new toy lines that just came out, I started collecting transformers again. And that’s pretty much it! If your reading this I hope you have a wonder day!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Welcome my friend and great to see you have joined the best Transformers website ever. Hope you enjoy your stay and enjoy the wonderful content here to read. Also want to say Welcome to the rest of the new members here.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Guvello3

Guvello3 Member

Hey guys, I'm a newbie here. I would like to introduce myself with all. Please accept me. :) 

• Like Like x 4
  8. Soundwavelover2004

Soundwavelover2004 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    welcome enjoy your stay

• Like Like x 1
  9. Guvello3

Guvello3 Member

Thank you so much!

• Like Like x 1
  10. BenjiDNA

BenjiDNA Member

Hi all - what a great community...already lost in a sea of information.

Long time fan from the first cartoon run in the UK, 1985...

So, yeah, wanted to say hello, nice to meet you all and I look forward to being part of this fantastic community.

• Like Like x 3
  11. KremzeekTyCobb

KremzeekTyCobb Tears that soak a callous heart

News Credits:
    Welcome, fellow geewunner.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Chris C137

Chris C137 Have some self respect. Take the QC sticker off.

News Credits:
    Howdy!

Have been a persistent stalker of the forums for a number of years but finally decided to take the plunge and actually get involved in the discussions!

Geewun is my main thing (and from a collecting viewpoint the current MP line is exactly what I want and need), also partial to some beast wars and movie designs.

Looking forward to finally being a part of the community!

• Like Like x 3
  13. BeeOtch217

BeeOtch217 Ha Ha You're a Mini-Con!

News Credits:
    Me Welcome FrozenFishLurker to boards! Me wish FrozenFishLurker has fun on Forum thingy!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Guvello3

Guvello3 Member

Great community so far. Glad to be part here.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Funky Munky

Funky Munky G.I. Formers & Trans-Joe

News Credits:
    Basically new... before my nightmare thread, I almost forgot about this place... must’ve been the happy birthday e-mail that reminded me... happens once a year...

• Like Like x 3
  16. Devin417

Devin417 Active Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    Hello all! my name is Devin. I've been a fan of Transformers for as long as I can remember. And while my enthusiasm might not be as strong as it used to be, I still love Transformers and likely always will. <3

I joined this board because I want to start selling off my extensive collection of Transformer toys and a friend of mine pointed me to this board. Of course I didn't know was that you have to be a member for at least 30 days before you can do that. But that's okay. I can wait. and maybe until then I'll find something else I enjoy here. Maybe this board will even rekindle the love I once had for everyone's favorite robots in disguise. :D 

Although for the sake of my wallet, let's hope not lol. XD

• Like Like x 3
  17. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Welcome to TFW! What TF series/eras have you collected? Unless you just plain want to get out of collecting altogether or need to convert your collection into $, you might find yourself swapping out some of your current collection for different things. There’s a lot of stuff out there and new things seem to pop up every day. Either way, this place is a fun rabbit hole and I hope you enjoy your stay.

18. Enewtabie

Enewtabie One of the Four Rejecticons...

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Oh I didn't realize this was here. Hi all my name is Eric and I haven't always been a TF collector, I had them in the 80s as a kid and had a few in the early 2000s,but really got into last year after seeing it so much on Youtube. I started collecting and then I started do my own videos. I got hooked on the Instagram, podcasts and the community. I had heard of TWF2005, but hadn't really messed with any forums since I used to Moderate Bethesda's Gaming Forums( Fun...not really) I collect the Siege line, MP scale Transformers, 3rd party and Legends. It's mainly G1 and some of the IDW stuff. Really anything I think looks cool. Maybe 3a next?

Anyway, thanks for letting me join you and I'm really enjoying it

19. Devin417

Devin417 Active Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    @fchuler

Mostly from the Unicron Trilogy (Armada, Energon, Cybertron) With a good 20ish from the first 3 live-action movies and a handful from other miscellaneous eras. I haven't really been collecting at all for... probably the past 6 years at least and I don't plan on starting again. I'm trying to sell them for 3 main reasons: I could use the money; To make space in my closet; So that someone else can enjoy them. :) 

(p.s. I tried to quote your comment, but it wouldn't let me because my post was too "spam-like" :/ Any idea what I did wrong?)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Big Convoy 1986

Big Convoy 1986 New Member

Ebay:
    Does anyone have any advice on navigating this site, I am new here and learning the ropes ?