Welcome to TFW2005 - The "I am new to this board" Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deefuzz, Dec 11, 2007.

1. SparkPlug24

SparkPlug24 Named after the Mini-con, not the Witwicky.

Greetings, all!

I've come here to the tfw2005 boards in search of a wider scope of discussions than those found in the /r/transfomers sub on reddit. As much as I enjoy posts that show off our newest Hasbro/Takara/3P purchases and finds, I'm also keen to engage in discourse regarding the moral repercussions of Decepticonism as a reaction to the Functionist, pre-war Cybertronian hierarchy.
    . . .
    Nah! I'm just kidding a bit about that last part. :D  In reality I'm probably just here to check out and maybe help update TF sightings threads in my corner of the world. And also I'm sorta looking into modifying some of the toys I already own and spiffing up their paint jobs once I have the free time to. Little background: My first franchise was the Dreamwave comics version of Armada, and thus my first toy was Cybertron Red Alert, as he was the only Autobot from those stories that I found on shelves at the time.

Anyway, that's my piece. Hope it'll be good for me to be here, folks!

2. DiamondTiara

DiamondTiara Class President TFW2005 Supporter

I haven't been here in a while. I left the forum due to infractions and am now back in action. Good to see this place again. Will not act like I did last time, I'm sorry about that.

3. hailgrimlock

hailgrimlock Member

Newbie here. Hear it's the best place for transformers fans. So I am here for enlightenment and besides who else could resist a good Transformers World.

4. JoeScibelli

JoeScibelli That one Piranacon fanboy

I'm new here and still getting the hang of the site's layout. I've been a Transformers fan for a very long time but also belong to a lot of other fandoms (Glyos being a major one). I found the place through simply hearing about it.

5. Ninjanicktf

Ninjanicktf Mushroom Samba

Do you also happen to like Bionicle? :) 

6. CandyApple

CandyApple Banned

Just finished Transformers Prime and I absolutely loved it! I'm not really into cars and robots fighting and so on, but I really liked the female transformer, Arcee. I also like the More than meets the eye, since it is not only about, you know, cars and fighting, but it is also about relationships and real interaction between the characters. I found this forum a while ago and have been lurking ever since. So after finding this forum to be to my liking, I thought I'll sign up and give it a shot. :) 

7. armoredempathy

armoredempathy New Member

Hello, I was directed here by the developers of the Earth Wars game as a community forum because I have a few questions that I'm hoping to find the answers to. Also, I have a good friend who has been on this board for a while, and I'm a total TF junkie. Been in the Fandom since '84. Hope to meet some new friends and check out the entire forum.

Thank you for letting me join,
    AE

8. Wisp

Wisp Several screaming salmon in a trenchcoat.

Hey. Name's Wisp. New to the forums and all that, not quiiite sure what to put here. I don't exactly "collect" transformers as you all do. I don't have anything 3rd party, I don't have a lot of figures, and a lot of what I do have is missing parts. But, I don't honestly care that much. I collect because of what the Transformers stuff really is: toys. I don't know much about the characters, but sometimes I do follow the continuities. Most times, I don't and I just pick up the figures because I like the toys. Seriously. When I look at the figures, I look at them as toys. Paint apps don't matter to me, poseability doesn't matter to me, what matters to me is how fun it is. I've followed the forums on and off for the better part of this year, though I just now made my account. Honestly, what really drew me to the forums was the Radicons stuff. There's some amazing things in there. Meanwhile, my only attempt at a "custom" is some red paint splashed onto PCC Windburn for a vaguely rust-ish look.
    Anyway, hope I have a good time around here. See you all around the forums.

9. comicfan17blue

comicfan17blue Well-Known Member

Hello,
    comicfan17blue, new to forums and such. I have collected Transformers on and off for quite a few years. Looking for a good place to get back into the hobby and learn more about the figures I like to collect.

10. UnvincibleWhirl

UnvincibleWhirl Member

Heya, everyone! I'm new..obviously, I figure with 298 pages of introductions there's probably no original introduction anymore so I'll keep it brief.

I've been a TF fan since..2008ish when I watched the first Bay film on TV. I quickly delved into the fiction of the franchise, went back and watched basically any series I could get my hands on.

I just recently finished reading More Than Meets the Eye and was so enamoured by it I decided to finally make an account here on the recommendation by my brother who lurks around here.

11. Apocalyptic

Apocalyptic Just Another Strange One.

Ack ack, everyone! Could that possibly be a new introduction? ;) 
    Alright, well, I've been a lurker on here for ages (not really the social type), checking the site for TF news and such. I'm also an artist/customizer mainly of G.I. Joe, not the best at it with Transformers, oh well, they are my favorite things to collect though... Have a good amount of 3rd party things (probably too much, but they're so nice) too. I am also interested in a wide variety of things, Horror, Sci-fi, stuff like that...

My full moniker is Apocalyptic Customs, alas there wasn't enough room for that in the text box.

So, I think that's about it, won't keep going on. Will try to keep this introduction neatly short... For your attention spans sake. :) 

Thanks a lot, Apoc. \M/

12. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Welcome to the family guys...:) ...

13. Apocalyptic

Apocalyptic Just Another Strange One.

Thanks man. :thumb 

14. BVG573

BVG573 Member

Greetings, my fellow Cybertronians! I've been collecting robot toys in general (chogokin, Power Rangers, etc.) for the past half decade or so, but I am insanely new to the TF universe. I just started watching Headmasters and Car Robots recently as my introduction to the animated world, and my toy collection only consists of a few Beast Wars toys. TF is a whole different kind of awesome than the super robots I'm used to, so I'm hoping to find a place in the community. Here's hoping I'll get along with you all!

15. Zappit

Zappit Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone.

I'm Zappit, lifelong TF fan and emerging Masterpiece/3rd party collector. I spent the past few years on CHUGs, but they've haven't been impressing me much lately. Too many QC issues. I'm also an acid reader of the IDW books.

I've been lurking these boards for awhile, mostly reading reviews on figures, but I think it's time to be more of an active participant.

I'm also the creator of Supervillainous, a comedy webcomic about a supervillain trying to raise a family.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Not a new member, just figured I'd reintroduce myself.

Hi, I'm Lock Cade, formerly known as TRANS+CRAZY. Never really left this site, despite having had some trouble in the past; I simply chose to chill out in the Funnies section for the most part (as well as the social groups that are sadly no more). I'm going to try and be more active in other parts of the site. Keyword there: Try.

Anyway... I was introduced to Transformers via my older brother, who had some of the G1 toys as well as a few episodes from the first season on VHS (and of course he had the 1986 movie too). It really wasn't until I found out about the first live action movie being in the works that I truly became interested in Transformers and joined this site in order to keep up with the latest news about it. My brother and I went to see the movie when it came out in theaters... and the rest, as they say, is history. Hard to believe that this November will mark my 10th anniversary being a member of this site.

A lot has happened to me since most of you guys have last "seen" me around on the boards. In 2012, my brother and I bought a house together. The following year I graduated from college with a degree in Internet Professional, but after much struggle finding work, I ended up getting hired part-time at a local grocery store; this past June I got promoted to full-time. And sadly the past couple of years brought a lot of sadness in my life as first my grandpa committed suicide in December 2014, then a year later my grandma passed away from heart failure; I miss them very much, especially my grandpa (I will never know why he committed suicide -- it was totally out of the blue, we never saw it coming).

Okay, I rambled on way too much. Like I said, I'm going to try and be more active on this site. Hope everyone is having a nice day.

• Like Like x 3
  17. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Good to see you venture back into other forums on the site LC!!! :thumb 

• Like Like x 1
  18. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

Hello, everyone, you'll all know me as DOTM Bumblebee, after my favorite figure in my collection, and my favorite character at the time I joined.. I've been on this sight a staggering... two years. :lol  Joking aside, I'm not really social on this sight, as I'm a nervous wreck when it comes to socializing, but I saw this thread and thought, "You know what? What the heck. I'm gonna be on a site for people of a shared interest, it's only right I get to know them."

For a little information about me, I can't say much, but I became a fan back at the end of 2007/the beginning of 2008, when hype for the first live-action Transformers movie drove me to watch the first episode of Transformers Animated. Let's just say, I was hooked. Ever since then, I've tried to start a collection of figures, and by 2011, I started succeeding, and as of now, I have well over a hundred figures, which is a good lot more than I ever hoped to get when I started! :wink:  My favorite character is and always has been Bumblebee, particularly the Movie and Prime versions, and my favorite series is Transformers: Prime. My favorite toy is DOTM Deluxe Class Bumblebee, and I am an obsessive customizer who will paint up anything that isn't G1 or Masterpiece.

Other interests of mine include dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals, Doctor Who, and high-quality children's cartoons, such as Steven Universe and Gravity Falls. In the way of non-Transformers games, I enjoy Minecraft, Portal 2, and Undertale.

For me as a person, I'm a bit of an absent-minded daydreamer, and I'll space out a lot without meaning to. I'm really shy when it comes to social interactions, but I do try to be polite and generally pleasant to people. If I feel comfortable around someone, I enjoy making bad puns and innocent jokes when I can think of them. I've been on this planet for 19 years, but I still feel like a child at heart, and don't plan on changing that anytime soon.

So, yeah, that's me, and I look forward to talking more with people.

19. CymruNerdCave

CymruNerdCave New Member

Hi guys, not my first time on here, but it's been a literal AGE since I was around, so much so that I honestly can't remember any details of back then. Ah well. I'm here now, and ready to talk Transformers, so hellooooooo!

20. bugscrap

bugscrap Member

Twitter:
    Hello!
    Been lurking for a bit for news, just decided to make an account on a boring work day.
    22 y/o, living in San Diego, CA. Very small toy collector up until now, due to low funds, but now I am back into the scene! Currently hella into the comics and (slowly) catching up on the animated part.
    would love to meet up with other San Diegans at some point

• Like Like x 1