Welcome to TFW2005 - The "I am new to this board" Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deefuzz, Dec 11, 2007.

1. joetele

joetele Non-entity

Ebay:
    Hi everyone, I'm Joe and I'm originally from England, UK but living in Wales, UK. I've been a fan of TFs since I was a kid when the original G1 series started, and read the original G1 comics a lot. I'd say that some of the generations passed me by (Beast Machines, Robots in Disguise, most of Armada and Energon) but I love G1, enjoyed Beast Wars and Animated, and I adore Transformers Prime.

Most of my collection is made up of Generations/Classics/United figs, with some movie figures from all three of the first movies, as well as a huge complement of Transformers Prime/Beast Hunters figures (but not really any of the beast ones).

I've spent a lot of time in the past scrolling through the forums and thought it was about time I actually joined!

2. Rintail

Rintail Primus why.

Yep I'm new.

Welp I finally decided to join up. I've known about this place for a few years but today i actually had the initiative to join up. Mostly thanks to a fellow member i know thru accelepedia.com.

So yeah I'm a big TF fan. No I'm not one of those who ride Bayverse hard and then dissapear till the next movie. I watched it when i was younger and got back into it when Armada was run on Toonami. Yes my collection is tiny but i doubt that should matter. A fan is a fan regardless of their collection (most of my money goes to bill so yeah)

My crown jewel is my SS Barricade. I do have a G1 skywarp laying around somewhere, same with a G1 ravage.

Blah. I love the comics,shows and toys. Everything from G1 to even Animated. (Blitzwing makes it all worth it. i even named my 3 headed dragon incense holder Blitzy after him!)

So thats me, and yeah I have a weirdly big crush on Barricade. Don't ask because i have no answer.

3. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Welcome Rintail.

4. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    @tfiguy @Romulin @Engineer Hoist @doxydejour @joetele @Rintail Welcome to the boards guys/gals... #TFW2005

5. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  6. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 Mirage's Porsche mode is proof he's the best spy

News Credits:
    Hey there, glad to see you online!

7. HanDy

HanDy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just want to say Hi all from Spain.

And thank you all, since i follow this board long time ago and i have learned a lot. And of course, i enjoyed all of your pics.

Hope i can learn more, enjoy more and share with you all!

8. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Welcome!

9. BScorpinok75

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Welcome to the boards...

10. jfetch

jfetch Well-Known Member

Hi there, fellas. I'm new and I don't know a whole ton about Transformers, but it's one of my many interests. I really enjoy the movies, the G1 show, and recently I've gotten into the Hub show Transformers Prime. I collect the blind bag minis but that's about all I can afford right now. Hoping to learn more about neat things to collect when I have the chance and the funds. Also, I'm a lady. I don't know how rare that is here, but... hey hey.

11. Natohk

Natohk Quintesson

Welcome to TFW2005 !

12. Scorponok

Scorponok Kindness is no virtue and cruelty is no vice

Hello, jfetch. Also a fellow lady fan here. Welcome to the site. I'm a long time fan and new collector. It's amazing what you can learn here, though.

13. TheOrangeCurve

TheOrangeCurve New Member

Hey guys! Just an old member returning, I lost my username and email so I had to make a new account but I love how everything is just as great as before!

14. Qingtianzhu

Qingtianzhu waiguoren

News Credits:
    Hello from China! I'm a US expat working on his Master's degree in good old Hangzhou. I used to have an extensive collection, but that was lost to finances years ago. Now I'm a Masterpiece/3rd Party/G1 collector. And Hangzhou is a great place to get 'bots...thank you Taobao.

15. ionlita

ionlita Cowabunga, Dude!

Does anyone visit this thread anymore? ;)  lol ...anyway, been on this site for a short while now but thought I should introduce myself....

I only recently(about year now) was introduced to transformers by my husband. I have seen many of the different cartoon versions but I am most fond of the G1 original series.

and I understand the feelings some of you have on the Bay movies because he has now destroyed my TMNT! :bay 

I collect Necca figures, TMNT, The Walking Dead, Hulk figures, and I can not wait to start my transformers collection with the fembots. I have my PO for R-08 Azalea and R-09 Zinnia...Terminus Hexatron is on my list too :) 

My husband collects Transformers, Star Wars, G.I. Joe, and Marvel Legends(and in that order too lol).

And 1 more thing...Han shot first :wink: 

16. SentientSam

SentientSam A Mollusc!

Ebay:
    Hey there,
    I've been a board member for a few months now but I figured I'd come in and introduce myself anyway! I've bought from and sold items to people on this site so if you're looking for anything TF to buy, sell or trade, click on my sales link below! Sounds like a bad sales pitch, huh?
    Some other things you may not know: I'm a crossbow enthusiast and arrow fletcher, got an impressive liquor cabinet (lol), and I'm starting to repaint some of my TFs. I also collect Hot Wheels too. To anyone else that's new here all I can say is: Welcome!!!

17. High Octane

High Octane Really?

I'm new here and I love this place already.

18. DarkWarGrimlock

DarkWarGrimlock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi! I've been lurking for awhile and even made a deal on the Junkion Exchange the other day. I got into the franchise with Beast Wars and Armada back in the day, but stopped buying the toys after Energon. Thanks to Animated reruns, cool looking clearance toys found while looking for Marvel stuff, convention finds, Transformers vs. G.i. Joe, the new Armada Starscream and a ton of recent Grimlock releases, I'm now in the fandom.

The favorites of my collection are the Year of the Horse Optimus Prime I got last week, Masterpiece Prowl (My first Masterpiece with YotH Optimus being my second), the Target Exclusive, gold colored Fall of Cybertron Grimlock, the aforementioned Generations Armada Starscream, and the Armada Hot Shot I still have from when I was a kid (My Jolt and replacement Jolt are both broken, and he's chipped a bit).

I've been catching up on all the IDW stuff, and hunting down any of the toys I want. I have most of the Age of Extinction Generations toys despite not being a movie fan. I hope to participate a little here in there in conversations, so hello!

19. BScorpinok75

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Welcome to you all...

20. Iceshatter

Iceshatter Soundwave superior.

Introduction.

I am Michelle. I was never a fan of Transformers until earlier this year I complained to my boyfriend that I had no good shows to watch on Netflix. And knowing that I really enjoyed Beast Wars from childhood he recommended I examine Transformers Prime. At first, I admit, I was really thrown off by the children but the Transformers were able to keep me watching.

I quickly appreciated that Bumblebee could not speak, and as a result I have trouble accepting any voice actors for him. I really liked Bulkhead and Arcee is okay, though I did like that she realizes she actually has to not act like Jack's mom. And she was good after realizing she actually as to try and be a friend instead of just a guardian.

I also quickly fell in lust with Soundwave and Starscream. And upon realizing that tumblr seems to be in love with Knock Out I've been taking a second look at him. He's okay.

Of course Prime and Megatron are the main hook and they both have personalities which are easy to accept and predict for the most part.

I have no friends who also enjoy Transformers other than my boyfriend and I just need somewhere to enjoy this fandom with others so I figured a forum might be what I want.