Welcome Mr. Roberto Orci, you may ask him questions

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Tr4nce, Jun 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    Dear Mr. Orci,

Why are we seeing leaked pics of TF2 characters?
    We assume most of them are authentic and leaked, so why pass up the opportunity to release the pictures properly? First impressions of the films robots are finding their way across the internet through crappy low-rez images. We love any information, but I would think - if the images are being leaked anyway, do it a better way.

2. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

Thanks a lot for anwsering my question. :thumbs2: 

3. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

But they do refer to themselves as Decepticons:

[​IMG]

Question time:

1) Is Arcee going to be the only "female" TF in this movie?
    (And don't pretend like you don't know she's in the movie :wink:  she was confirmed in that interview with IDW - the one that was mysteriously edited a few days after...)

2) Several sites are claiming to have anonymous sources feeding them behind-the-scenes info, except alot of this information seems to contradict itself. Is there at least one anonymous source that's just feeding the fandom complete BS?

3) Based on the leaked photos from the filming, have fans actually seen a vehicle or alt mode that they didn't realize was actually a Transformer?

4) On a scale of 1 (lowest) to 10 (highest), how happy are you with the robot designs for the new characters?

4. olddirtyogre

olddirtyogre Well-Known Member

My Soundwave Wish...

Ever since Soundwave was announced for TF2 people have been racking their brains as to what his vehicle mode will be. We know how he won't be his G1 transformation, so what will he be? Well, I've always thought that he could be a communications vehicle, an aftermarket modified vehicle used for military purposes (most likely). My dream alt. mode for Soundwave would be a Mercedes Unimog. A made to order utility vehicle that has seen most of it's applications in military surrounding. I could definitely see a decked out Unimog with communications as it's primary function transform in to Soundwave! I know I'm probably wrong but I can still dream.

5. The DF

The DF Arbiter of the Beardbots

Ebay:
    Mr Orci,

I've seen a picture from the set that appears to be a Peterbuilt truck with a trailor attached. Is there any chance that this Peterbuilt is our beloved Optimus Prime, and will his trailer make an appearence?

I eagerly look forward to the next amazing installment, and thanks for all the great work thus far!

- Chris

6. DarkSlash0709

DarkSlash0709 New Member

Hi Mr. Orci! I Was wondering, if Devastator was confirmed for the next movie, how will you guys do it? I mean, you already had him in the first movie (in the decepticon roll call, Brawl's caption said "Devastator Reporting", and Bonecrusher, who is one of the original robots who make Devastator, was killed by Optimus.

7. artoni

artoni Fangirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mr. Orci:

On the set of Transformers, Fringe (which creeps the /hell/ out of me I am sure you are proud), or anything else you've worked on...what's the funniest prank you've witnessed/been part of?

8. M. J. Fernandez

M. J. Fernandez Member

RE: Welcome Mr. Roberto Orci, you may ask him questions.

Dear Mr.Orci,

I Have A Few Questions...

1.)Will The Hoover Dam Return?

2.)How Do You Feel About The Fans' Ideas For The Movie After They See A Picture Or Hear News About It?

3.)Are All Events In ROS(The Reign of Starscream) True?

4.)Who Is Your Favorite Human Character?

Sorry For All The Questions,Thank You For Reading.

From,
    Michael J. Fernandez

9. Devastator138

Devastator138 Hustlas Inq

Mr. Orci,
    I am from Sudbury, MA. and I want to know how my town came to be referenced in last weeks (Episode 2) of Fringe. Please and Thanks!

10. bliss81

bliss81 Active Member

exegesis of decepticons and autobots

hey roberto check this out.

first let's break down the word:decepti - cons

con can mean several things. besides the more popular uses such as 'to swindle' or as an adverb meaning 'against a proposition'. con can also mean 'to strike'.

con - "to beat or thrash a person with the hands or a weapon".

SO putting deception and con together with the above definition of con, you have: "using deception to thrash another"

Once having the philosophy of using deception as a means to hurt and inflict pain, a transformer loses its identity as an autobot ("autonomous" robotic organism) and gains the identity of a decepticon since beating someone with deceptions as a means of coercion who chooses not to recognize what is autonomous.

they call themselves decepticons with pride and not in the sense one would call themselves 'liars'. they are the antithesis of "autonomous" robotic beings. i hope this will give you a deeper understanding of the philosophy of decepticons. there is a lot of philosophical depth that can go into the study of decepticons especially in the context of this philosophy of 'autonomy'.

NB: the word autonomous has more implications than just having 'self determination'. the Kantian view is that an "autonomous" person acts morally solely for the sake of doing "good" which is something the decepticons obviously are not interested in.

The autobots on the other hand are not interested in using deception as a weapon. they are not decepticons according to the above definition. they disguise themselves but only for maintaining the status quo and are not interested in deceiving another sentient being to gain an advantage by using force.

feel free to use this description of transformers in the movie if you are interested. ;) 

11. Devastators Leg

Devastators Leg GFXicon

Dear Mr. Orci,

First off, thanks so much for your hard work keeping the fanboys happy in this grand film affair and taking your time off to actually mingle with us. It definitely speaks highly of the production behind these films.

My question is, will you let us know here at TFW when there is a trailer available and the hows and the whens about it? Like what movie it will be before or if the rumors are true and that it may not be until the super bowl commercials or before Star Trek? It would be appreciated if we got an inside scoop so we could be prepared and know where to see it, thanks!

12. Yurre

Yurre I want space nachos XD

Hi sir Bob.

Love your work, seen tf1 "a couple of times" *blink* ;) 

Have some questions and some ideas:

1. Will we ever see Roller?

2. Will we ever see Prowl or Wheeljack?

3. Will we ever hear the G1 tf theme song? (i have that song close to heart).

4. Will we ever see Grimlock?, i think more than half the people here are ok with him not been a t-rex in alt-mode.

Ideas:

1. Would be cool if any of the autobots said something in this fashion: "___ gonna give ___ decepticons ___ knuckle sandwich"

2. Would be cool to see any G1 toy on some shelf or on some desk or somewere in the background.

That was all... Thank you for your time...

Have a nice day :) 

13. Henriquedematos

Henriquedematos Transformers make me want to be dead

News Credits:
    Hi!

My question is...
    Whoever is the Ice Cream Truck, does he had something simmilar to his G1 version?

14. Bumblebee454

Bumblebee454 Member

You admitted it! Yay! Megatron's in TF2!

How much will his appearance have changed? Will Megatron take on an earth mode this time? Being himself didn't work out so well the first time.

15. lcsantana

lcsantana New Member

Hello Bob

it is a pleasure to talk with you .......

I have two questions......

1) maybe will Barricade back? I ask because we didn't see your death in the first film.

2) In the videos that we can see in the internet, Ratchet doesn´t appear with Autobots, was this robot removed of the film?

16. MrRoy

MrRoy Well-Known Member

Bob,
    Rumor has it that Prime and Jetfire combine. If this is true, do you have any influence in this concept's implementation? Can you assure us that this won't take the believability out of the movie?

17. Icon1

Icon1 New Member

Is the Icecream truck Kup?

Is the Audi R8 Barricade?

Now that Sideswipe has been named will there be Sunstreaker?

18. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

Bob,

Stoked about the announcement of Sideswipe as a character in this film. So why was he chosen? Where there certain aspects of his personality that made him a good fit for the sequel, like the fact that he's one of the more aggressive, underhanded members of the autobots; or did the name "Sideswipe" just conjure the image of a bladed warrior in the style of the Corvette's character designs?

At any rate, I think the current Autobot roster could use more of a rebellious element, and think that you guys made a good choice in your pick. Do you think he'll be the breakout star of the film?

19. Kente

Kente New Member

Star Wars Transformers

Greetings,

When i first saw the Star Wars Transformer toys, I immediately thought to myself, "this would be such a great story to combine the 2 together in the Star Wars universe!"

Has anyone ever talked about the idea of making a Star Wars/Transformers animated cartoon based on Episode IV? i think that it would work so well.

20. DrGrimlock

DrGrimlock New Member

Dear Mr.Orci

1.I know this might be stupid but since ravage is confirmed will we see the almighty Soundwave? and can we get any hint on what car he maybe

2.And we've seen the ice cream truck sneak pictures and things can you just clear the air that hes a autobot or decepticon and could you give a hint on who he maybe?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.