Welcome Mr. Roberto Orci, you may ask him questions

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Tr4nce, Jun 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Why? Because he's not always replying every two hours or so? He's taken a break from this thread for a few days in the past.

2. luca_frontino

luca_frontino Well-Known Member

Sorry. I've read an old post on the offical transformers movie board

3. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
  4. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
  5. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    Roberto

I've been casually observing this thread for a while, and i want to thank you for your time and for answering all the questions that you can. Even if your answers are torturous and ambiguous from time to time, you're definitely still keeping us all very excited about the sequel.
    Anyway I have a couple of questions myself now.

1. How much control, as a writer, did/do you actually have over which characters are to be in the film? I know there wasn't pressure from Hasbro, but I wonder about influence. I ask this question because I'm curious if you have any favorite character you wrote into the movie simply because you have the power to; or did everything have to get run by Bay and Hasbro?

2. I remember you mentioning several pages back that Transformers had the most fan input in its DNA than any other movie. I was wondering if you could give us a couple of examples?

6. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Personally, I think that's a little on the vague side. Other than Megatron and Starscream, pretty much all the Decepticons in the movie were new characters that had only marginal similarities with their G1 counterparts other than their names. Especially Blackout, Barricade and Frenzy, what with those three million name changes.

7. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    yeah upon revision of my question i realized it was pretty stupid. removed

8. luca_frontino

luca_frontino Well-Known Member

Mr Orci,

I know it's too early, but...
    - Is "The Fallen" of the title actually the character from War Within?

9. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not even sure if Mr.Orci knows who "The Fallen" is, meaning the title's just a coincidence. If you don't know who the Fallen is Bob, then I suggest going here to check him out, he's actually a pretty cool transformer & if he's not in ROTF, you might want to consider him for the 3rd installment.

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    No offense, but, that's a little harsh.

11. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    What's this? A horrifically bitter fangirl with a huge crush on Starscream that's totally butthurt over the new movie? THIS IS AN UNCOMMON SIGHT.

Oh and the bold of the quote part is something that you should listen to. ;) 

12. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    wow thats really quite rude. and what makes you the know all and say all with transformers. quit with the hate.

13. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    i try my best to stay away from the movie stuff because i enjoy being suprised but welcome mr orci! dont worry i would say only about half of us crazy and most of the crazy ones myself included are pretty cool. kudos on the job you guys are doing i really think when all is said and done this franchise will reflected upon in the same light people saw the original starwars movies. keep it up dude!

14. ItsStarscream

ItsStarscream ImmortalSeekerGod

The truth generally is pretty harsh...

Mmm yes, G1 Starscream is my favorite TF and I am female but how does that translate into me having a crush on an cartoon drawing pretty much?? Thats pretty narrow-minded there lllamatron. And my butt doesn't hurt, I don't get into things like /that/ thank you. But at the same time I don't like to sit there and be pandered to by hollywood fools who consider their average movie viewer too stupid to understand half of what they see.

As for my quote? You obviously didn't listen. Now if you want to get into a legitimate debate on the pile of kaka that bay cranked out between laughter at the stupidity of the subject matter as he is known for, then lets talk. If you are too dazzled by pitiful visual effects blasting out no discernible script then...don't waste my time.

By the way, I filled out my profile page, llamatron, so go back and re read it....

15. ItsStarscream

I don't consider it rude at all. It is what you make it so if thats how you took it, more power to you. As for me being the know all and say all with Transformers? Where did I say that??? If I felt that way I would have said that EVERYONE KNOWS what a major POS that movie was, but I didn't say that so what are you trying to get at?

As far as quitting with the hate? When the bayformer lovers can stop chasing away the 'haters' and let it be then maybe the hate will stop from both sides...oooo what a concept...

I think its a fair bet that this fandom is forever divided because of that disgusting thing called a transformers move -- yes I hate it -- I go beyond hate for it -- a steaming pile of dog waste is more entertaining that that flick was... and I think its pretty funny how fast people have to defend it. If it is truly as good as half this fandom thinks, why the aggression in defending it? Shouldn't its 'goodness' defend itself?

Just a wake up call boys. Not everyone is enamored with that stupid movie as all of you would like to think. It was pretty lame both visually, plot wise, musically (save the Disturbed song). That is my opinion and it DOES happen to be shared by others as well. Not 1 or 2 of us mind you, but we've all been chased away so how would you know?

16. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    There's a difference between truth and opinion. Essentially your entire post was opinion.

17. llamatron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    ...Kittie Rose, is that you?

We can debate the kaka if you wish, but this thread probably isn't the best place to do it. In summary I am a sheep, a brain washed drone, a slave to consumerism and society. I listen to top 40 radio and love whatever big companies tell me to love. I secretly wish that one day I will become enlightened and break free from these shackles and gain the ability to challenge the status quo and fight the man! Rebel against the system! FREE MY MIND!

The script had issues, the direction had issues, but it could have been a lot worse and had a decent amount of redeeming points.

18. llamatron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Eh, you know what? This is a good thread. I'll stop giving in to the troll and wait for a mod to come and delete the last page or so.

19. ItsStarscream

Agreed and in my opinion the truth was pretty harsh ;) 

I'm not a Kittie Rose. uhm..what is that?

And start a thread and we will debate it though you summed it up pretty well there already...

I am not a troll but I did end up derailing this thread so my apologies...if llamaton starts the thread for it then lets go there..

20. llamatron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    The debate's kind of been done to death and no one's going to change their opinion. We can start it if you want, but I'm kind of over it already. Anyway, your last post makes you seem a lot more reasonable so good job. Now we can just sit back and let the mods clean this baby up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.