Welcome Mr. Roberto Orci, you may ask him questions

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Tr4nce, Jun 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi Roberto

Others have asked similar questions, though possibly not in the same way, so I wanted to ask:

1. There were five new Autobots (Sideswipe, Arcee, Jolt and the Twins), yet only the twins had a large degree of screentime. What was the reasoning behid this choice? The other autobots had great potential and some great designs which I couldn't really appreciate whiel they were in action, and feel they could have added more to the movie than the twins did.

2. Was the fact that the Autobots spent so much time in vehical mode, even when they were beign transported an artistic decision or a practical one? There were a couple of times when we saw close up shots of Arcee in particular parked in one of the hangers, and it was kind of sad that their lives had been reduced to that!

Many thanks!

2. Cool_Dude_14

Cool_Dude_14 New Member

Regarding The Twins and Wheelie

Roberto, I wanna know something. In some point in Egypt, Wheelie disappears, and after facing off Devastator, The Twins (Mudflap and Skids) disappear! I wanna know, do they live? Especially the blue Arcee robot (Chromia), does she live too? I'm kinda nervous. It's just that we never know their fate. Hope to hear your answer! By the way, the movie was very awesome! I'll be expecting a third one. You should introduce Unicron!

3. MythofBlackout

MythofBlackout In Existential Crisis Mode

News Credits:
    Hey, Bob. First, let me say I enjoyed Star Trek and RotF immensely! Thanks for all the fun at the movies this summer.

Okay, so a few questions:

1.) Was Soundwave's satellite form meant to be his alternate mode or is his robot mode literally a satellite/robot hybrid? I'm intrigued on this point because he never actually transforms in the movie.

2.) I know you guys had some reservations about the way the twins turned out because of the supposed racial stereotypes (for the record, I can understand why people feel that way but I don't think at any point in the process it was intended to be offensive - to me they come across as bickering kids trying to be "gangsta"). If you wound up writing the third film, would you re-characterize them, maybe write them more "leet speak" or something?

3.) Can you tell us anything about Arcee's combined form (was it a bipedal robot, a larger unicycle bot, etc.)?

4. Hand Of Omega

Hand Of Omega Well-Known Member

I have heard many rumours about why the TF faces are as they are and not more like the animated versions - too much like the T-1000, did not gel with the mechanical designs, couldn't be done well enough, etc.
    So, what was the actual reason?

5. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

So, what's up with Devastator? I thought that he was made up of the Constructicons, who were in the movie. But it's obvious that the Constructicons were not combining to form him. So what happened there? Was there cloning involved, is he a separate being? Or something totally different?

6. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Mr Orci:
    it wont be the same if you dont return for TF3

1. Which Bot aside unicron you would like to add?
    2. Will megatron get reformaed into galvatron in the Next Movie?
    3. Will Jolt have any dialogue in TF3?
    4. did the Pink and purple arcee coponent (sry cant spell) survived?
    5. Which is the Name of the purple arcee coponent (has i metioned i cant spell)?
    6. How you got the idea to introduce the fallen and why you guys added him?

7. Stevejr

Stevejr Air commander TFW2005 Supporter

I know it's not a question Mr. Orci but just wanted to say thanks for this movie and Star Trek. Also i think most of the venom being thrown around here these days have to do more with the director then with the writers even though i think you all did a good job, Thanks again!

8. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 Barely active here

News Credits:
    Bob, thank you so much for the Starscream and Megatron interaction in ROTF. I enjoyed it very much.

9. Blackout

Blackout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mr Orici-

Great work on the first 2 films.

I'd love to see Predaking, more insecticons this time around (eating thru metal,etc.), Hound and Mirage. Mirage can use holographic images to confuse the decepticons.

Also a scene with the military on a big bridge and Rumble trying to knock it down would be awesome.

Also, If Soundwave ever gets an Earth mode I'd love to hear him have a G1 robotic voice this time. You can use the excuse of getting the new mode warps his voice or whatver works....

Any chance of these happening?

10. DavidT

DavidT Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    First off... I wanna say that the new Transformers movie is awesome. I have seen it several times already.

Few questions:
    1) I noticed a lack of screen time for Jolt, the chevy Volt. Were his scenes cut short due to GM going under and did not want to promote a new car in the movie?

2) Why were there duplicates of the Constructions? We see Long Haul, Mixmaster, etc. fighting at the same time Devastator has already formed.

3)Who was the dinosaur looking Transformer that formed from the ball-bearings that Ravage spit out? Did it have a name?

I think the movie was great and I'm ready for the next one. Keep up the excellent work =)

11. the unacronner

the unacronner Well-Known Member

Mr Orci thanks for all your efforts with these films..I liked the first one a lot and your Star Trek was probably the best Trek movie ever done..but I gotta say this TF2 is not good at all...The director who did this film is to crass and schlocky and his editing makes me want to vomit....I can only imagine what a pain in the butt it must be to work for that idiot....anyway thanks again.

12. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Mr. Orci:

Just out of curiosity, but how come Barricade never showed up in ROTF? A friend of mine said that he wasn't shown at all throughout the film. Were you unable to fit him in with the movie's plot, or was there another reason behind this? Will he show up in #3?

13. TheScorpionsDen

TheScorpionsDen Member

Hello all,

A regular over at the Don Murphy Forums for all things Transformers. Just wanted to hello everyone, as I'm at least new here. Longtime reader, first-time poster.

14. Bob Orci

Bob Orci Well-Known Member

No good reason!

15. Bob Orci

1. Michael loved the idea of the twins and wanted to feature them to make the movie, as he said, kid friendly.

2. I don't disagree. Money can be tight!

16. Bob Orci

I'm not sure, honestly. I suppose part 3 could answer that.

17. normtrooper

normtrooper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Once more sorry to keep asking but was Springer ever planned or is that simply a made up toy? And which character's fate did you write into the story, in other words Bay made it clear he killed arcee, was there a character's death or survival that changed from what you wrote.

BTW saw it in IMAX for the second time Well done I am quite pleased with the story!

18. TheScorpionsDen

TheScorpionsDen Member

Hi Roberto,

Big fan of both movies & really actually felt this one had far fewer gaping holes than the first. You guys are greatly respected by me, big-time.

Anyway, had a question: How did Optimus come to learn about The Fallen? It was made clear, early in the movie, that he wasn't familiar with who he was (hangar scene). And let's recall, he never got the de-briefing on it from Jetfire that Sam & the others got because he was dead by then. So upon his revival, he suddenly knew who Fallen was & also knew what he'd done - "They were YOUR brothers too!". So my question is, what was the INTENDED inference as to how Optimus learned of the Fallen's story?

Thanks in advance!

19. Lennox

Lennox Wooo.

News Credits:
    1) What was your intention with Arcee, since we don't get an explanation in the movie? Did she come to Earth, and the first thing she could find to fit her mass was three motorcycles? Is her mind split evenly between the three?

2) We see the purple Arcee bot and the pink Arcee bot get shot very badly. Are they dead? This case is different than that of Wheelie and the Twins, as they merely taper off and stop appearing before the end. In this case, we actually see 2/3 of the Arcee bikes get shot down, and I'd just like to know if we're supposed to believe that they are dead (aka, was it in the script).

20. TfAnimatedfan

TfAnimatedfan Five. Dollar. Headband.

News Credits:
    Hi Mr. Orci, how did you guys decide to make Wheelie the character that he is now ? You changed him a lot(in a good way). He went from being a character that was hated by some, to being a character that was one of my favorites in the film. Was the idea of an annoying rhymeing Wheelie ever put forward or was it always this new Wheelie ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.