Weirdo in the Transformers section

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Sonscreen, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Botbots Encyclopedia

News Credits:
    I guess I've been lucky, I've only had someone berate me for buying a TF toy once, and that was just some lady who had problem with ANY toys that were supposed to fight each other (Ooooooo, they make me kill people!). Felt sorry for her kids.

Usually when I'm in the toy isle, if I see anybody it's just a little kid who's trying to pick something within his budget while his parent helps. I usually advise them on which one I personally think is best in whatever size category they're looking at-- never had a parent look at me weird or anything when I said I was a TF collector. Heck, one time a few months ago I saw this kid buying a few Star Wars toys and also a Cybertron toy, I told him about Star Wars Transformers coming out in a few months. The kid just about had a heart attack of joy right there in the aisle.

2. MV75

MV75 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I had that exact same thing, except it was a grandmother looking to buy her grandson a transformer for his birthday. At the time I was in TRU getting alternators while they were on less than half price special ($20), and she had some list of the cybertron toys this kid apparently already had, but I talked her into getting him a silverstreak alternator instead, and I walked out with a hound. :) 

3. HellSpawn

HellSpawn And justice for all...

Have met one fan in a toystore here. Talked a little about the differences of Vector Prime, compared to the back of the box he was holding (pics are from Galaxy Force fig). Pointed him at the Dutch BotCon that was on next saturday and never saw him again.

Nowadays when I meet a fellow fan it's one of my friends from the Dutch Fanboards :rock  :thumbs2: 

4. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    theres a weird guy here who i used to run into alot during my late night hunts...he smelled bad, and woulda argue with me about whatever i told him...like i would read something about a figure coming out (from here or toyfare) and he would tell me i was wrong....he would tell me how the paint schemes i knew were gonna be changed, and blahblahblah...i hate that guy....stupid smelly dudes....

5. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Never ran into a weirdo at a store that I recall. I usually use the aforementioned in and out techniques so I'm not there long unless I'm with someone, like a fellow collector friend.

6. Draco Prime

Draco Prime Autobot

About 2 months i was looking for Cybertron figure to kitbash. I saw the one i wanted and i said out loud "Snarl, about damn time" then began to read the bio also, 2 girls walked by and said hes talking to him self and they began to giggle. Now you cant tell me that is a sign of a weirdo. I made a point to just stay quite, haha

7. x0x_chrome_x0x

x0x_chrome_x0x Chronical collector

Surely he was a virgin...

P.S. proposal for Botcon - make everyone send in resumes... hm, with pictures.

8. Roller

Roller Keep on rollin'! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    At an OTFCC (when it was called that ever so briefly), I left my fiance to stand in the line to sign up for the initial collecters club whilst I went around the dealer tables. She must have waited in line for damn near 2 hours! Every so often I would come back and show her what I got, apologize for leaving her there, then left her again :) 

When I would come back, the guy in front of us and a seperate guy behind us would comment on what I had brought back. The one guy, which we secretly named "know-it-all" would go on and on and explain every possible piece of history about the item I brought back. The second guy was really weird, who we secretly named "sugar-high", kept making comments that made no sense as to what we were talking about. I felt so bad for leaving her, a non-fan, with these uber dorky fans. But hey, I had shopping to do!

9. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

I've only ever met some of the on and off collectors, never met someone from the boards, this one guy said he was here, said his name was I love Arcee but he wasn't a member here, liar, resonable guy though.

10. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I want to hear a retelling of aksmth's run in with "A.K. Smith." That was a classic.

11. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    :lol 

12. Jetfireinthesky

Jetfireinthesky Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have only run into a fan once. It was at a Target here just outside New Orleans and he seemed like a pretty normal guy. He even had a girlfriend there with him while him and I talked for a few minutes.

Aside from that I've really never had anything happen to me while browsing for figures. And I go to the local Target, Wal-Mart, Toys'R'Us, and even K-Mart sometimes. And i go fairly often because i'm usually driving my 3 siblings everywhere.

13. MV75

MV75 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hey, if they can't earn their keep as bookmarks for lines once in a while, then they don't deserve the big revenge "clothes and shoe" shops that they'll do later with your credit card. :D 

14. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    No you don't.

15. Matt Nelson

Matt Nelson Sinner

Well now I'm curious; I've never heard this. :) 

Matt
    (feels left out since he doesn't really buy Transformers anymore)

16. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

No weirdo in the TF aisle story will EVER top the A.K. "Smith" encounter. EVER.

17. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I definitely need to hear the full version of this "AK smith" story...

18. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

Thats exactly what I do. Im never in a toy aisle longer then 30 seconds.

19. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    You evil jerk :O

No matter how cheap the Alternators are, they are simply too complex and fiddly for most kids play patterns. You made her buy a Silverstreak that the kid, assuming they are around 5-9 years old, cannot possibly transform competantly, unless they have excellent hand-eye coordination, memory and motor skills.

Hell, your Hound is easier to transform than the fiddly piece of crap that are the Subaru brothers.

20. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Long and short of my story is this.

I was at a local store with toys. (TRU I think) I saw another person trying to look at TFs but not be noticed. We managed to strike up a conversation that was going rather well. We talked about upcoming things, about TFs past, current releast things, and then started to get into the online part of TFs. He asked if I was a member of any forums, I said yes. Asked if I ever visited TFW, I said yes. Then he introduced himself as A K Smith. I was stunned, seeing as that's, well, me. I asked how that could really be seeings as that's the name on my ID. He started backtracking, saying that he said that he thought I was A K Smith, and so forth.

*calls therapist again*