Weird moments in collecting...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ceasar121, Jun 4, 2009.

1. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That, sir, is just awesome. Destiny, yes...

2. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

Weird moments? Except for my palms sweating at each Ebay auction--- My wife wakes me up and tells me I scream out G1 Transformer names in my sleep.
    Damn, same thing happened when I played D2. Wy wife would tell me the next day how I was mumbling Diablo stuff. Druid/Blast/Grizzly!

I doubt anyone remembers me, I have the same name here as I did online in D2. Had the #1 Summoner Druid in EAST with the best +3Summoner/+3 Grizzly/+2?? pelts. I sold them for cash when I got out. $80.+

LP
    (Grizzly avatar is from my D2 days)

3. Aurora Bluewolf

Aurora Bluewolf Aurora Bluewolf

well this isn't exactly funny, but i have 2 stories.

1. I found a G1 starscream (mint in box) in the Phillipines for 10.80 USD... the guy pulled the ad later. I thin he wanted to keep it after all. I nearly had a heart attack when i saw it.

2. My friends were over for a party and i brought my rather small collection down (at the time). While i went to get more chips, pizza and cake; they arranged jazz and prowl into holding hands (both from animated)- Optimus into hitting Shockwave/Longarm with his ax, and Blurr either kicking or skidding into Bumblebee. My dog was sniffing at the fallen swoop (he must have slipped off the table) and Blitzwing was hugging a soda cup from one of my friends.

yeah, they're idiots, but they are my idiots. and i love them for who they are... though if they ever go there with prowl and jazz again, someones getting a slice of pizza thrown at them.

4. brianstowell

brianstowell Awesomebot

News Credits:
    i hope that this is an intentional spongebob reference. as it is my favorite episode.

5. Aurora Bluewolf

uh.... sure, why not! (has rarely watched spongebob and normally comes across it as she leaves the tv on from a previous shows when it changes and she is too preoccupied to notice)

But they are my idiots and if not for them then life would be a boring pit of nothingness.

..still, if they ever do that to Prowl (so noble) and Jazz (the essence of awesomeness) someone is getting a slice of pizza thrown at them.

6. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    My quirk is opening a whole mountain of toys at the same time and then leaveing the packageing lying around for months.

I need to clean up before I open my next stack.

7. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil TFW2005 Supporter

Awesome

8. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Since I started collecting, I've developed this wierd "Sixth sense", like I can feel that there's some sort of TF being sold there that I'd be interested in. My wife and I were passing a yard sale when I got that feeling. So she stopped, and partially under some dollie clothes was a G2 Optimus trailer. Several times I've had this urge to stop at certain sales, and every one has had some sort of TF there.

9. realCliffjumper

realCliffjumper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I yell at my Transformers when they fall over. That is about it.

Oh! I have a special shelf above my bed that I put my most badass figures. My thoery is that my dream catcher catches bad dreams and ROTF Sideswipe will beat them to a pulp.

10. Aurora Bluewolf

-one random night, sideswipe gets ticked and jumps on top of you- "I'm tired of beating up your bad dreams! take this!"

you 'OMG WTH! ahhhhh!' from then on you never let sideswipe near your head again.

besides, he's probably collecting the bad dreams to let you have one big nightmare fest on important evening- like before a big meeting or test.

that's why i stopped keeping dream catchers. they didn't work for me! i think they didn't like me playing with the PS2 before bed, and got jealous! (i'm so hyped up on sugar right now, i just killed my paper mache project...totally by accident- not)