Weird flecks in Beast Hunters Deluxe Arcee's plastics

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Nevermore, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    So a while ago I got Beast Hunters Deluxe Arcee and noticed some really weird dark red flecks in that cream-colored plastic used for the forearms, the torso and the shins.

In some places it looks like light swirls, but on one of her forarms the red is really concentrated in one spot, looking like a blood clot on an injury.

Likewise, the baby blue plastic used for the center piece of Arcee's missile launcher and the insides of her thights sport similar flecks, this time in dark blue.

Then I checked the gallery at Seibertron and the review at BWTF and noticed both their Arcees have similar issues.

Even worse, the official Hasbro stock photos seen at Amazon depict a specimen with a particularly bad case of "ugly plastic color mismatch".

So what the hell is up with that? Did Hasbro intend for a certain plastic coloration but for some reason the color did not bond properly with the plastic, thus conglomerating in some areas instead of distributing evenly? Why did this problem only affect Arcee?

2. Deonasis

Deonasis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it was just a thing of that line. Most, if not all BH deluxes have a plastic colour that has the "melted crayon" effect. It must be hard to get just right because if they mixed it too much the contrast would be lost.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  3. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Yeah, it seems that all of the "beast armored" deluxes had that. I have the knight armor Bulkhead and he's got that dirty looking plastic also. It was probably just a design choice given the nature and theme of the toy line, I suppose.

4. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Likes Alpha Bravo

It didn't only "affect" Arcee. Everyone in Beast Hunters had that as an aesthetic design choice. Two plastics would be swirled to give it a "marbled" appearance, hence why the pattern would be unique on each copy.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  5. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    Some vintage Rock Lords have this swirly plastic effect from two colours mixed together, so back in the day. In the Beast Hunters deluxes it was most noticeable on Wheeljack where the black mixed into the white was sort of concentraded on the bonnet. I really like the fact that each toy was unique because of it, no two quite the same...