Minor/Repaint: WeiJiang M01 Evasion Mode Prime Leg Fix

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by kronatron, Mar 28, 2016.

1. kronatron

kronatron Well-Known Member

First, a big thank-you to ebay seller Kingslayer777 for making this item available in the first place!

The transaction went nice and smooth, I actually got the item faster than I expected. But upon receipt of this mighty beast, oh no! Two right knee pads.

I contacted the seller and after a couple simple emails a replacement knee pad was on its way. Here’s where it got tricky. I tried to tap out the pin in the knee. Don’t try it, folks, it’s just not gonna happen. I broke two pin sets and even the automatic center punch I got couldn’t make that thing budge. I was not a happy camper.

Fortunately, I tried approach number two, which I was surprised worked so well. Here’s how:

Step 1: Remove the screw in the middle of the knee hinge.

Step2: GENTLY! Separate the seams of the two knee-assembly halves. After you’ve got the two barely apart, you can lightly tug on it with your fingers and it should come away smoothly.

Step3: While pulling up, twist the knee cap back and forth to remove it from the pin.

Step4: Thread the pin through the replacement knee cap and reverse the order to replace the assembly.

I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else, but in case you get one with two LEFT knee pads, now you know.

-Kronatron

Attached Files:

2. primetimeguy

primetimeguy Well-Known Member

my optimus left chest pieace arrived broke :/ the only problem is they trying to send a replacment out only problem is how am i gonna replace it because the pin only goes one way

3. kronatron

kronatron Well-Known Member

Is it the hinge piece with the window?

You may try cutting the gray part to expose the pin and twist it out. Then re-thread it through the replacement.

I wouldn't start doing that until you get the new one in, though.

-Kronatron