Weijiang "Computron" combiner

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by vproject, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's something about every configuration that bothers me, but overall I can't complain too much for getting the guy for $70.

I just hope that he gets shipped out soon.

2. VelsR

VelsR Ancient of War

News Credits:
    Thanks for the video reviews!

Scattershot's nosecone can be plugged here:

upload_2019-9-6_3-24-26.png

The Baidu thread I linked two pages ago mentioned heel spurs to help with the stability:

upload_2019-9-6_3-24-42.png

Seeing how long the arms are fully extended and the way you plugged the nosecone into one arm, I wonder if the arms are flexible enough for you to bend them inwards to connect both of them to the nosecone as if it was holding a cannon fully extended out like MPM-08 Megatron:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Jamiec1979

Jamiec1979 Well-Known Member

I found him for $63.50 on aliexpress with free shipping

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tef

Tef Well-Known Member

He's 54$ on Robotoybase :) 

The Arms cant reach front center of the chest... I tried :p 

5. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    On Robotoybase he costs $25 to ship to the US. So it's more like $79 for me.

AliExpress is $63.50 and free shipping to the US.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tef

Tef Well-Known Member

i dont mind the 25$ shipping charges as it it speedy shipping... 5 days tops and its in my hands.... Aliexpress's free shipping takes 3 weeks :( 
    I'm kind of impatient when it comes to getting my packages lol

7. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder what happened to the other smaller guns that combined with scattorshots cannon for combined mode?

FB_IMG_1505881678801.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Interesting... I take it the figures got no small guns, but swords instead?

What size are their hand grips? I hope it's 5mm.

9. Tef

Tef Well-Known Member

no guns in the set... only swords... and yeah its 5mm... basically a KO sword of the DNA kit for Predaking

10. The Happenin Rhinoceros

The Happenin Rhinoceros TEAM MONKEY PANTS FOREVER

Thank you for posting these. I'll definitely be picking this set up at some point.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I've had this set for about 2 days now. There are little minor gripes that I have, but overall... I'm pretty impressed! :thumb 

I'm having a ton of fun handling these figures, probably because they're so big and robust, with nice tight joints. It's nice to see so many ratchets here, since Hasbro doesn't really doesn't bother anymore. I don't have time for pictures, but here are a few thoughts...
    -------------------------------------------------
    Materials seem to be really good. I can't always judge plastic by how it feels, but I didn't bother with the instructions on these guys, and putting these figures through their paces, I ended up putting a lot of pressure on certain pieces / tabs, etc. Sometimes I was worried I'd break something, but then I looked at the part - not even a stress mark! They seem to have used a pretty durable plastic for some of the important bits here.

Combined mode is a pleasant surprise. I expected it would be floppy and unstable, but he's actually really solid. There are some annoying little limitations in the articulation, but he holds poses really pretty well. I actually had the whole thing in a self-supporting high-kick stance this morning, and got an almost decent "superhero landing" pose too (though this required some creative mistransforming to achieve).

I'll also mention that it's possible to transform the Afterburner-bike guy slightly differently for leg mode, to give him a much stronger footprint (looks better IMHO)... basically you just leave his 'calf plates' from bot mode down and use them to create the heel.

I keep seeing the Strafe-fighter guy mistransformed. He actually has TWO folding nosecone pieces (on his crotch). One is clearly supposed to be folded back JUST for combined mode. For individual robot mode, BOTH should be folded to his back.

I saw someone complaining about the floppy 'side-knees' on the Scattershot-gunship. This is a slight transformation error. You just need to press his folding knees a tiny bit further down, and his calf-hatches will lock the side-knees in place. If the knee hinges aren't pushed down that tiny bit more, they'll swing freely.

The sword looks great in POTP Predaking's hands! It's a tiny bit loose, but it fits. WJ Predaking's articulated fingers are too weak to hold it though.
    ---------------------------------------------
    minor gripes:

-some ankle-tilt action would help combined mode a bit

-the combiner head should rotate, but doesn't because there's a bit of plastic obstructing it. Boo.

-no proper elbow swivel on the combined mode

-one of Scattershot's kneejoints was slightly malformed. Bending at the knee might have broken it. It's fine now after sanding it down just a bit. I've seen from videos that I wasn't the only person with this problem

-Strafe-fighter and Lightspeed-car have a bit of a "fat-head" thing going on

-Afterburner-bike's front wheel looks really dinky

-not a fan of the overall colour scheme. The blue head looks especially bad to me, due to the lack of paint, and the dark plastic obscuring the molded detail. I really am not liking that shade of blue here. It's sort of weird how Nosecone-drill matches the G1 colour scheme quite well, but the others not so much. I wonder if WJ is going to do a repaint down the line?

zmog

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019 at 1:12 PM
    • Like Like x 6
  12. itMFtis

itMFtis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^ Thanks for the review. Sounds like something I would enjoy, but no rush to get until it's released in colors more meaningful to me (like BW homages or actual Technobot colors).

13. jazz1914

jazz1914 moonbase survivor

Thanks for the update zmog! Can't wait for them to show up!

PS: does the combiner head slide forward? The resin pics look that way and shows some neck articulation, though not much.

14. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Subjectively Objective

Ebay:
    This is totally irrelevant, but I wish they'd do a little retooling/repainting and give us a better looking Victorion or Megatronia-alike using these molds.

15. Hexatron

Hexatron Plastic crack junky

Only thing stopping be from a purchase is the colors. They are aweful, the figures dont look like they belong together. If there is a repaint with a cohesive color scheme then I'll slap down some funds. Or if the tripredicus-esque colors come to light.

• Like Like x 1
  16. The Happenin Rhinoceros

The Happenin Rhinoceros TEAM MONKEY PANTS FOREVER

Thanks! Sounding more and more like this is a set I'll enjoy. Colors don't bother me because I tend to repaint everything anyway, lol

17. SMOG

Nope... the head has a round neck peg that goes right into a socket on the plate that flips up when you open the hatch. This theoretically should give it neck rotation (only) except there's a screw nub there that totally blocks the head from turning. The best you can get is a very VERY slight wiggle in each direction, and no up/down articulation.

It shouldn't be too tough to customize, but I haven't really given it any thought just yet. If you want a closer look at the head, you can just pull it straight off because it's just a plug-and-socket. Would make it easy to repaint at the very least.

Some more notes:
    - he actually has an ab-crunch! Or at least a bit of tilting forward/back at his chest. It's not loose and floppy, so it's kind of nice.

- you can choose to have his shoulders widely spaced, or half an inch narrower on each side, depending on whether you have Strafe's shoulders extended in combined mode. The Lightspeed(car) just plugs into the pegs on top of Strafe's shoulders to form the torso. It seems overly simple, but it's quite secure.

- there are actually quite a few joints you can reposition to get slight variant transformations on these guys and for the combined mode. I spent some time after getting them just mucking around to find the exact configuration I liked best.

It's funny to be complaining about a lack of cohesive colours on a combiner (which are traditionally a bit mismatched). Unified colour schemes are cool, but they aren't the only way to go. But still, in this case, I'm not convinced it's the different colours so much as the particular shades and colour sub-combinations.

I'd be curious to see a repaint for sure.

zmog

• Like Like x 2
  18. Hexatron

Constructicons, arial bots, techobots, seacons, predaking, and protectobots(mostly) all have an underlying color scheme that ties them together. Yes, there are other G1 combiners (and newer combiners) that have more of a mix of colors you are definitely correct there. I just personally prefer "teams" to have cohesion. Beast wars combiners I'm down with being different colors as you cant really paint animals to match without adverse health effects haha. Fingers crossed for a repaint for sure.

19. SMOG

I know what you mean. With the exception of the Constructicons, very few combiners truly match... but there are usually accent colours that help tie them all together, and make them feel like they belong together. This set doesn't have that... aside from silver paint, I'm not sure there are ANY shared colours between them. But for some reason, I think the strong primary red-and-blue parts just clash too forcefully. Not only do the decos not really work together, but they're a bit simplistic across the whole team. They could use a bit more imagination on that front.

zmog

• Like Like x 1
  20. Hexatron

Agreed, they actually remind me more of a megazord when combined.

• Like Like x 1