Wei Jiang (Model Wizard) KO OS MPM-8 MEGATRON

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by wboender, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Sayan Rahman

Sayan Rahman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Uhhh I don’t think anyone here actually owns the BMB figure so it’s a bit unreasonable to compare imo, It depends on if you prefer BMBs paint over this one. BMB has way better maces, has metal, a better head sculpt, and is taller, Weijiang’ some has amazing joints, no metal, darker paint, a lame mace. I’d recommend waiting for reviews on BMBs one just to see how the joints are for that one, but overall they’re the same price so you can’t go wrong with either one

• Like Like x 3
  2. ColdMangoJuice

ColdMangoJuice Todos saúdam Megatron! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, that's a good idea and what I'll end up doing. I like the size of Wei Jiangs better, but the added detail on BMB's is real nice

• Like Like x 1
  3. noisetrigger

noisetrigger Well-Known Member

Someone I know got the BMB version last week.

The main difference is that it has a really shiny paintjob, the headsculpt has cybertronian runes on it, and the feet is die cast but it doesn’t actually make much difference in weight. It is not much heavier than the WI version.

I didn’t get to handle it long but joints seem inconsistent like most BMB. Some part are tight some parts not so tight. Nothing floppy mind you.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Sayan Rahman

Sayan Rahman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I expected as much, in a side note, I own the Weijiangs, and others who own it have said the joints are really sturdy. Some of the most consistent and best joints overall, nothing too right like the Weijiang Prime, but nothing loose. Stiff but not too stiff

• Like Like x 1
  5. ColdMangoJuice

News Credits:
    What do you think of the shiny paint job?

Also, did you get to see how he scaled with BA prime?

6. noisetrigger

Personally he looks a bit too clean for me. Height wise he is like 2cm taller than the WJ version.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Panzertron

Panzertron Well-Known Member

BMBs one scales perfectly with BA Prime. Just imagine it 2cm shortter.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  8. Markatron

Markatron MarKreations Studios

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So how does he look next to BMB?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  9. Bee Camaro

Bee Camaro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You can see him next to BMBs in Bens review of the latter.

10. ColdMangoJuice

News Credits:
    So for those of you who have this guy on hand, how does he weigh up? Despite a few happy buyers of BMB's Megatron, I keep seeing and hearing more negative stuff about their figure and only see good stuff about Wei Jiang's.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
  11. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    BMB is a company trying to look quality, but want it to be cheap so they cut corners on materials and paint quality. WJ tends to just make it the best they can both paint and quality wise and just price it after that. I honestly think BMB just tends to cut too many corners when they really shouldn't. Of course keep in mind this more of a general look over them as a company rather than these 2 megatrons.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Budi

Budi I like scale

what kind of negative stuff?

13. ColdMangoJuice

News Credits:
    I hear ya. I've heard the same from others. I was really impressed with their Barricade and Optimus...those both came out feeling really premium imo. Hearing this stuff about their Megatron is surprising for me.

I tend to think that way too...Some of these figures can really take a beating before they get damaged or break and have no issues if you handle them carefully. I try to give the companies the benefit of the doubt and chalk those mishaps up to random QT issues or severe mishandling by the buyer. I also agree that there are plenty of happy buyers who do not share their findings, but there are plenty that do as well. The BA Optimus Prime thread is still alive and well with plenty of happy buyers posting about their figures.

So far it's been complaints about how the figures looks and feels in hand, that the pictures make the figure look different than it really is, things don't fit together as they should, that the plastic quality is low calibre, that figures have come with broken pieces or are damaged and that the figure shows excessive wear and tear with little use; even to the point of breaking. There have been some really positive reviews of him too though.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Megawillbot

Megawillbot Well-Known Member

I'll be going for the BMB one, just for the scale and aesthetic choices

• Like Like x 1
  15. Daedelus

Daedelus Know sacrifice, know victory

He's not super hefty, but he has fine ratchets that are strong everywhere. What I like better on this version are the facial details, there's little hints of gold, dark grey, all around, and red for the eyes that make it more visually dynamic. The grey is darker and more muted, not silver, but the bronze highlights throughout the figure break it up well.

I thought about BMB's Megatron, and while the silver definitely feels more '07 accurate, the eyes look dead with the LED's off and there's no separation of detail on the figure as a whole imo. I'm not much of a fan of the mold (just wanted a Megatron for BA Prime), so if Black Apple comes out with a more accurate sculpt with silver paint, I'd pick it up.

Weijiang's color palette actually matches DreamFactory's ROTF Megatron exactly (and apparently UT Dragoon), so even if there's no continuity in scale, it's there in the color choices which is oddly aesthetically pleasing to me.

16. ColdMangoJuice

News Credits:
    Oh no! What happened? Pictures?

17. noisetrigger

The WJ one definitely feels more solid overall with a nicer paintjob that actually contrast nicely. The only thing that suck is the floppy mace that BMB improves on.

The BMB version despite having diecast doesn't actually feel much heavier, looks flatter in person and not as shiny as the pics will lead you to believe. It also has the common BMB symptoms of joints being mostly tight-ish with some maybe a bit loose-ish. The plastic definitely doesn't feel as solid as WJ either which is another common thing with BMB stuff. They are cheaper for a reason.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    I don't mess with mine but, he is worth every bit of $65.

• Like Like x 1
  19. ColdMangoJuice

News Credits:
    Appreciate the in-depth feedback!

20. Edimus38

Edimus38 Well-Known Member

odd..my Aoyi LS-12 is very weighty it's more than 1.3kg(about 3 pounds). if the BMB/Aoyi version doesn't actually feel much heavier than the WJ, and the WJ one is lighter than the box it's came in..well..I never had in my life a Transformers toy's BOX that weigh about 3 pounds,especially the ones that came with clamshells.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020