Wei Jiang drama thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ToyAnatomy, Jun 3, 2020.

1. I Am James

I Am James Emirate Xaaron

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Paramount raided UT? That’s new to me. But maybe avoiding movie aesthetics would be good for a bit. There’s bit almost no push outside of movie figures. Has there been any more word about the Ironhide or what rumored connections there were to Dream Factory?

2. GrimlockPrime19

GrimlockPrime19 I always have the high ground

So I was thinking
    I was going to get Wei Jiang Grimlock, but if I want to have more Dinobots it'd have to be with SS or BMB figures, but their scale would be weird. Is there any chance of someone else making +-34cm Dinobots to fit with WJ Grimlock or should I buy the BMB one?

3. Nemesis Baser

Nemesis Baser Rei III is so my mood

News Credits:
    Well there's the KO scorn. Apart from that, there are the regular Wei jang Ko's of the AoE dinobot toys with diecast which are bigger. Or you could wait five years for the rest of the AoE SS dinobots.

• Like Like x 1
  4. GrimlockPrime19

GrimlockPrime19 I always have the high ground

I was talking about KO oversized. The problem I found myself is that with WJ 34cm Grimlock if I got the KO Scorn (38 cm+-) it'd be weird.
    Btw, that KO Scorn is a KO of what figure?

5. Nemesis Baser

News Credits:
    Yes, of the SS figure

6. Fc203

Fc203 #RestoreTheBayVerse

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Ok and? Theyre using hasbros designs and properties

• Like Like x 2
  7. skywarp-2

skywarp-2 Master of Teleportation

Ebay:
    Ah, if that's the case then I whole heartedly agree. Hasbro should really take stock of what the consumer wants, and TT needs to stop over valuing their products. Yea sure some people will buy those products at their prices, but there is money left on the table hence the 3rd party circuit and KOs so why wouldn't they drop the price to be more reasonable and in the long run the discount would yield a bigger portion of the market share because those other customers wouldn't need to go third party, and especially if they went more quality control on paint apps and such. Tolerances and replacement parts programs, and so on. Foster the fan community instead of sucking them dry on over pricey bots.

• Like Like x 4
  8. KveTar

KveTar Well-Known Member

Heeeey! Wait a minute. Hasbro paid for Paramount, letting them produce Optimus Prime?.. Bite me, please, but how?! They own TF, but have to pay to Paramount to produce them? Because of design or what? So maybe Hasbro had to pay to IDW Publishing for their designs, to produce "Thrilling 30"? I'm sorry, but it sounds ridiculous. I am Has/Tak. I own Transformerse universe. Then Paramount arrives with their bayformers and now I have to pay them? It's like Has/Tak had to pay to 3P-companies to produce their toys :D 

• Like Like x 1
  9. KveTar

KveTar Well-Known Member

So what do you really want: a good toy or a new Ferrari to HasTak CEOs?..

• Like Like x 6
  10. KveTar

KveTar Well-Known Member

11. Fc203

Fc203 #RestoreTheBayVerse

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I want the brand to succeed and sell well so we can get better toys and get them more available around places

12. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can tell you this, not a single KO of mine, I would have bought the original otherwise, I just wouldn’t have spent any money on anything. Almost never does a KO ever directly compete with Hasbro in the same market, and when it does, it either gets squashed, or comes much later when Hasbro’s made their money. so they are doing perfectly fine. That’s the entire reason they keep investing more budget into the brand.

• Like Like x 11
  13. KveTar

KveTar Well-Known Member

It has nothing in common with HasTak.

• Like Like x 3
  14. XaxisGuy

XaxisGuy Metasuchus

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    USE MULTIQUOTE

• Like Like x 2
  15. Nemesis Baser

News Credits:

• Like Like x 1
  16. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Excuse me? You want info out of me but start with "bite me, please"... dafuq wrong with you?

It's not ridiculous and if you'd pull your head out of your butt rather than be like...this, you'd understand. I'll explain it very slowly for you and then you and I are done. (Man, you're rude.)

Hasbro and Takara-Tomy own Transformers, yes.

The movies, however, are the property of Paramount Pictures. All content and designs within are the property of Paramount Pictures.

If you look at the packaging of any movie figure (Studio Series or what came before it) you'll see the GM logo, or BMW, or Ford, or Lockheed Martin, etc. Those are put on there to show these are officially licensed products and Has/Tak has to pay for those licenses. That's why the upcoming Dino looks accurate in robot mode, but not vehicle mode because they couldn't get a license from Ferrari. (Hot Wheel has the license to produce toys of that specific car model.) Same idea with the film designs.

Hasbro's name was on the movies, but they didn't really have much say or power over the original trilogy, or the last two of the Bayverse films. That was all Paramount and the producers. Bumblebee was the first film, made by Paramount, that Hasbro actually produced and had creative control (of any kind) over. The new CEO of Paramount even said they had a better working relationship with Hasbro over the production of Bumblebee. It's part of the reason Bumblebee is a reboot and not a prequel.

Let's say you write a movie you want to get made, in this case...Transformers, you SELL the story/script to the studio. They outright own it. Your name is still on it, but it's their property now, and they flat out own it. They hire a director and producer to get the project off the ground and they commission a design of the characters, both human and machine. Bay came up with the idea for Optimus to have flames, not Hasbro. Once those movies are made, Hasbro has to pay for the license to produce the toys because they're Paramount's designs. Same with Star Wars and Marvel. Even though they've been making the toys for what seems like forever, Hasbro has to pay for the rights to produce those items.

The only time Hasbro doesn't have to pay to make the toys is when it's something they created lock, stock, and barrel. The WFC cartoon doesn't have the same licensing agreements because the cartoon is made AFTER the toys come out, not the other way around. It's part of the reason the moviebots were so bad on their first release all those years ago because Paramount didn't make the CGI files/renders available to them in the beginning. That's why later movie lines and Studio Series look better, they now have access due to their working relationship. Make no mistake, though, Paramount owns those designs and not Hasbro. Why do you think it says "Based off of Hasbro's Transformers" in the movies and their end credits? They're Paramount's designs of an existing product. They bought the rights to produce movies based off of Hasbro's stuff, Hasbro bought the rights to produce toys based off of Paramount's stuff. That's how the business works.

And honestly, Takara-Tomy licenses to Hasbro, so it's really all theirs in the end. If it wasn't for Takara licensing the designs to Hasbro all those years ago, Transformers wouldn't even exist. Everything belongs to someone else. Transformers are technically the brainchild of Marvel (Hasbro ended up owning the property when their partnership dissolved for Transformers and G.I. Joe.) As for IDW? They license from Hasbro, Hasbro made figures to look like the comic versions because people wanted it (at the time), Hasbro had creative control, there.

Hopefully this explains it. Have a good day, we're done.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Atomic Tofu

Atomic Tofu Well-Known Member

YouTube:
    Or @KveTar I'm going to make a quick stab at this and use Spiderman and Sony as an example and try to keep it short. Sony bought the film rights to Spiderman and would have lost it if they didn't make films every X years, they did so they kept the rights. They didn't want to give it up entirely but knew their Spiderman films sucked but at least let Marvel have a crack at it again and invite the franchise back into the MCU. Likely after this MCU run Sony will maintain the rights unless Marvel/Disney pays them big time to buy it back. Contracts.

• Like Like x 2
  18. SilverSideswipe51

SilverSideswipe51 Member

Sucks they got taken down. I just recently got back into the Transformers game and was trying to collect the 07 Autobots. Black Apple Optimus would’ve been the centerpiece for that, and I can’t shell out the cash that he’s going for now! Oh well.

19. KveTar

KveTar Well-Known Member

And U expect me to read the whole that opus of yours after that?..
    We're just done.

20. StudioSlash

StudioSlash Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    there is no point in arguing with kvetar. he himself lives in his own world, which has little to do with reality. there is no logic and common sense. verified 100%

• Like Like x 8