Wei Jiang drama thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ToyAnatomy, Jun 3, 2020.

1. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I can tell you this, not a single KO of mine, I would have bought the original otherwise, I just wouldn’t have spent any money on anything. Almost never does a KO ever directly compete with Hasbro in the same market, and when it does, it either gets squashed, or comes much later when Hasbro’s made their money. so they are doing perfectly fine. That’s the entire reason they keep investing more budget into the brand.

• Like Like x 11
  2. KveTar

KveTar Well-Known Member

It has nothing in common with HasTak.

• Like Like x 3
  3. XaxisGuy

XaxisGuy Metasuchian

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    USE MULTIQUOTE

• Like Like x 2
  4. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Excuse me? You want info out of me but start with "bite me, please"... dafuq wrong with you?

It's not ridiculous and if you'd pull your head out of your butt rather than be like...this, you'd understand. I'll explain it very slowly for you and then you and I are done. (Man, you're rude.)

Hasbro and Takara-Tomy own Transformers, yes.

The movies, however, are the property of Paramount Pictures. All content and designs within are the property of Paramount Pictures.

If you look at the packaging of any movie figure (Studio Series or what came before it) you'll see the GM logo, or BMW, or Ford, or Lockheed Martin, etc. Those are put on there to show these are officially licensed products and Has/Tak has to pay for those licenses. That's why the upcoming Dino looks accurate in robot mode, but not vehicle mode because they couldn't get a license from Ferrari. (Hot Wheel has the license to produce toys of that specific car model.) Same idea with the film designs.

Hasbro's name was on the movies, but they didn't really have much say or power over the original trilogy, or the last two of the Bayverse films. That was all Paramount and the producers. Bumblebee was the first film, made by Paramount, that Hasbro actually produced and had creative control (of any kind) over. The new CEO of Paramount even said they had a better working relationship with Hasbro over the production of Bumblebee. It's part of the reason Bumblebee is a reboot and not a prequel.

Let's say you write a movie you want to get made, in this case...Transformers, you SELL the story/script to the studio. They outright own it. Your name is still on it, but it's their property now, and they flat out own it. They hire a director and producer to get the project off the ground and they commission a design of the characters, both human and machine. Bay came up with the idea for Optimus to have flames, not Hasbro. Once those movies are made, Hasbro has to pay for the license to produce the toys because they're Paramount's designs. Same with Star Wars and Marvel. Even though they've been making the toys for what seems like forever, Hasbro has to pay for the rights to produce those items.

The only time Hasbro doesn't have to pay to make the toys is when it's something they created lock, stock, and barrel. The WFC cartoon doesn't have the same licensing agreements because the cartoon is made AFTER the toys come out, not the other way around. It's part of the reason the moviebots were so bad on their first release all those years ago because Paramount didn't make the CGI files/renders available to them in the beginning. That's why later movie lines and Studio Series look better, they now have access due to their working relationship. Make no mistake, though, Paramount owns those designs and not Hasbro. Why do you think it says "Based off of Hasbro's Transformers" in the movies and their end credits? They're Paramount's designs of an existing product. They bought the rights to produce movies based off of Hasbro's stuff, Hasbro bought the rights to produce toys based off of Paramount's stuff. That's how the business works.

And honestly, Takara-Tomy licenses to Hasbro, so it's really all theirs in the end. If it wasn't for Takara licensing the designs to Hasbro all those years ago, Transformers wouldn't even exist. Everything belongs to someone else. Transformers are technically the brainchild of Marvel (Hasbro ended up owning the property when their partnership dissolved for Transformers and G.I. Joe.) As for IDW? They license from Hasbro, Hasbro made figures to look like the comic versions because people wanted it (at the time), Hasbro had creative control, there.

Hopefully this explains it. Have a good day, we're done.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Atomic Tofu

Atomic Tofu Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    Or @KveTar I'm going to make a quick stab at this and use Spiderman and Sony as an example and try to keep it short. Sony bought the film rights to Spiderman and would have lost it if they didn't make films every X years, they did so they kept the rights. They didn't want to give it up entirely but knew their Spiderman films sucked but at least let Marvel have a crack at it again and invite the franchise back into the MCU. Likely after this MCU run Sony will maintain the rights unless Marvel/Disney pays them big time to buy it back. Contracts.

• Like Like x 2
  6. SilverSideswipe51

SilverSideswipe51 Active Member

Sucks they got taken down. I just recently got back into the Transformers game and was trying to collect the 07 Autobots. Black Apple Optimus would’ve been the centerpiece for that, and I can’t shell out the cash that he’s going for now! Oh well.

7. KveTar

KveTar Well-Known Member

And U expect me to read the whole that opus of yours after that?..
    We're just done.

8. StudioSlash

StudioSlash Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    there is no point in arguing with kvetar. he himself lives in his own world, which has little to do with reality. there is no logic and common sense. verified 100%

• Like Like x 8
  9. GrimlockPrime19

GrimlockPrime19 I always have the high ground

Bro there is no need to be this rude

• Like Like x 3
  10. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Eh...

We shouldn't be, but we shouldn't have to put up with people saying "bite me" to others for telling the truth.

• Like Like x 8
  11. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I hope someone shuts this thread down.

• Like Like x 11
  12. GrimlockPrime19

GrimlockPrime19 I always have the high ground

True, people should have some good sense. Well at least I learned about the shit I said

• Like Like x 2
  13. XaxisGuy

XaxisGuy Metasuchian

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Says you who said "bite me"? :lol 

• Like Like x 4
  14. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Banned

It's long past time.

• Like Like x 1
  15. KveTar

KveTar Well-Known Member

English's not my native language. I wanted to say "pinch me". Sorry for that misunderstanding.

"Oh, those Russians!"

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2021
  16. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
  17. StudioSlash

StudioSlash Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    okay. although you are total ungrateful goblins, and I promised not to tell you anything, since the topic is dying, I will tell you one of several news about WJ, there really are not many of them (but still people from Shantou told me 5-6 times about the fate of the company), for example, the WJ G1 MPP10 has been produced for a long time from the company's molds, albeit very small circulations.

• Like Like x 2
  18. I Am James

I Am James Emirate Xaaron

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    If what you have told me is true you will have gained my trust.

19. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whew.

20. Brum Bot

Brum Bot "Give them Victory... or Give them Death"

News Credits:
    If anybody connected to WJ gets to see this :

Dear Wei Jiang,

If you still function/ can return, please OSKO SS86 and Earthrise. I will literally, throw bundles of cash at you for a bigger scale Scourge / Cyclonus.

many thanks.

• Like Like x 2