Wei Jiang drama thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ToyAnatomy, Jun 3, 2020.

1. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:

I'm not really sure why you're confused... Mainline, Licensed 3rd Party, Unlicensed 3rd Party, and then the KOs/Counterfeits.

2020-07-24_16-12-52.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  2. Dutchy79

Dutchy79 Well-Known Member

Correct and if we want to get technical there is not much they can do against Third Party.
    See it as an artist his freedom to make something.
    I can make a statue of Optimus Prime, reproduce it and sell it but I am not allowed to call it Optimus Prime or claim it is a HASTAK product or licensed product.
    If I do that they will come after me hard.

3. OptimusPrime10

OptimusPrime10 Well-Known Member

I'm not going to dignify the second half of your post with a response. Many, including myself have ignored the drivel the first 5 times you posted it after many others have sufficiently pointed out the error of your ways. The authorities have apparently spoken, go ask them directly.

I totally expect they move on 3P, they tried to make a point with banning them from BotCon, and I'm surprised it's lasted this long to be honest. Get while the gettin' is good, play stupid games, win stupid prizes... pick whichever cliche you prefer, but companies aren't allowed to steal from companies, apparently not even in China anymore.

My dad's company had a design stolen more than 15 years ago by their contract manufacturer, it cost them millions in sales, so fuck WJ, he couldn't get this kind of help then.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    aaaaand not a single one of those vanished or affected. And really where the fuck do you get off on wanting these companies and employees to go out and get unemployed while the company you venerate tries to shop around to the cheapest fucking place paying slave wages while diminishing quality on their lines and then charging higher prices for shit you used to pay less for? And you’re not getting any of the savings! That shits going straight into the pockets of executives, not you. Get over yourself.

5. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wasting your time, chief. It's like banging your head against a brick wall.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Red2

Red2 " ... and so the story goes ... " TFW2005 Supporter

TE's Michael Rat is better than the official.

• Like Like x 1
  7. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Are unlicensed 3P's legal?
    Could they be sold in a Wal Mart?

8. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So without being accused of targeted harassment again, if I only make a profit by stealing from you a little bit (and some of it wasn't really stealing because I put my own name on it before selling it on) and I get caught out, I can use that in my defence, yeah?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  9. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    And paint your Michael Rat in a pre-school without Disney's ok and see what happens.

• Like Like x 2
  10. ErickCruz

ErickCruz Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Call me crazy, but I think this is a ploy from Hasbro to move production back to China.

• Like Like x 1
  11. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ahh, look at you moving the goalposts. :) 

Ahhh, there it is. The emotional baggage that prevents you from seeing things reasonably. At least we're now aware of what's behind your ill wishes towards people who aren't even doing that sort of thing (no counterfeiting or theft of actual product involved) and willful blindness to the difference between 3P and KO.

• Like Like x 3
  12. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    The context isn't THE law, but the code tfw community follows in general.

13. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bye-Bye WJ. All KO's should be shut down. Theft is theft is theft

• Like Like x 1
  14. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Ahh, look at you dodging the question. :) 

Where did I move it from, and where did I move it to?

Otherwise, answer the question.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Trunkkey

Trunkkey This Trukk turns into a Munky. Yesss...

Maybe a relatable analogy will help illustrate how little sense it makes to be anti-HasTak.

Imagine a setting with two students and two teachers. This is the market.
    Hastak is student A. He worked for days studying for the exam and teacher A spends a lot of time teaching Student A. He does the exam on his own, within the given the time he has, and to the best of his abilities.
    As a consumer of official products, I am teacher A. The teacher grades the exam, finds errors and gives Student A their grade. It's a pass but, not great.

KO companies are Student B in the next class. Student B can't do the exam himself because teacher B wants to spend as little time possible teaching. He STEALS Student A's graded test, writes it neater, fixes some of the errors, and turns it in.
    People who buy KOs are teacher B. Though you know that Student B is cheating you give them full marks because.. well, because you're turning a blind eye. You don't have to teach as much and the longer you turn a blind eye, the better grades they get, the more prosperity you get for getting better results. There's simply no winning for Student A because Student B somehow keeps getting the graded exams every single time.

I accept this paradigm because as Teacher A it's not in my right to confront Teacher B. Pay loss from Teacher B's success seems to be marginal.

Now imagine if Teacher B started bad mouthing student A and teacher A despite the fact that most of Student B's successes came from the hard work of Student A. Wouldn't feel good right? Doesn't seem like the right thing to do.

One day Student A is tired of the bullshit and goes to the principal. Student B gets caught with evidence and is expelled. Teacher B gets a pay cut and is forced to spend more time teaching students. Instead of just acknowledging that the run was good while it lasted teacher B insists student B did nothing wrong (different handwriting and less errors see? not copying!) and threatens to quit being a teacher.
    Sad

I simply don't think there's any reason to hate on the one producing all the results.

3p Is like the kid who does the work themselves and double checks all the answers before turning them in.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Pcm979

Pcm979 Well-Known Mimber

I'd ask if we could get an actual lawyer in here, but on second thought I think that would be cruel to the lawyer.

• Like Like x 5
  17. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    In my mind, unlicensed 3P is a college student sitting in on a class that he never paid for, and getting the same information that other students paid for, but for free.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Trunkkey

Trunkkey This Trukk turns into a Munky. Yesss...

Oh that's good.

• Like Like x 1
  19. IronWaveJRG

IronWaveJRG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:

• Like Like x 1
  20. cybeast

cybeast Well-Known Member

I rarely post here... (think mainly only on TE Scorponok thread?)

And by Primus, the level of entitlement of some user here is really high, you can't even compare it to Tower of Babel. You guys really are lucky with your abundance of... 3P, KO, Counterfeit, whatever you name it, to the point I even see some people brazenly commenting "I'll wait for a KO / OSKO of this!" in the ORIGINAL toys thread.

Now, I don't want people to lost their job or everything, especially in this time of pandemic. But people need to realize that these company, are basically walking on thin ice. Sure, for "original" product (aka, one that's not produced by Has-Tak yet), they might get away with it. But for things like Optimus? I'm sorry, but they need to realize that sooner or later, this will happen.

And now I can't stress this irony enough. Some people always praise 3P group here and there with their "genius" design. But strangely, those 3P group almost never make an original bot of their own design, series, lore, stories, you name it. It's always "Not Optimus", "Not Bumblebee", "Not Devastator", almost like designing something from nothing is hard and costs lot of money.

Even those 3P who make their own "Not Optimus" toys, sadly, harshly, but true, are basically piggybacking on the popularity of Transformers, and always walking on thin ice.

(Though maybe a lawyer can dispute my comment, I'm not well-versed at law).

• Like Like x 9