Weakest Villian: Megatron, The Fallen or Shockwave?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by JoshimusPrime20, Jul 10, 2014.

?

Weakest Villian: Megatron, The Fallen or Shockwave?

1. Megatron

8 vote(s)
    5.8%
  2. The Fallen

77 vote(s)
    55.4%
  3. Shockwave

54 vote(s)
    38.8%
  1. Sideswipe3963

Sideswipe3963 Warrior

The Fallen has my vote. On Shockwave, he's a side villain, so you can't really put him in this group. And he's a pretty bad ass side villain. Look at the other side villains, the best, Starscream, what did he do? Besides get tossed around by Megatron. So for what Shockwave actually is, he kicked ass in his roll. But he was over hyped for sure.

2. JasonPrime

JasonPrime Well-Known Member

True but the hype did serve the purpose of diverting attention away from the twist of Sentinel turning out to be the main villain of DotM.

3. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Megatron was the most disappointing. You expect Megatron to be the biggest badass around, and he ended up just being a circus clown.

LOL! That is a good point.
    But I'm still going to pick the bot who was caught sulking behind a building.

On a strange note, Sentinal probably made the best villain of the movie franchise....an honor you'd think would go to Megatron...

4. Datsun87

Datsun87 Doomed shuttle casualty

Or at least a Decepticon....

5. JasonPrime

JasonPrime Well-Known Member

To be fair, this is oddly (and probably unintentionally) faithful to the G1 cartoon incarnation.

6. Datsun87

Datsun87 Doomed shuttle casualty

That was the case until the movie came out. For the crew of that supply shuttle and those stationed at Autobot City, Megatron really was the harbinger of death.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    The Fallen, easily. And my rationale is while Shockwave was unimpressive, he was meant to be misdirection and not prominent. He served his purose exactly. The Fallen was supposed to be the main villain of his film, and still was lackluster.

Megatron was fine in TF1, and while ROTF shuffled him off to second banana, DOTM almost made that part of his story as a fallen-from-grace ex-warlord aware (at least by the end) of how he'd gone from equal to no-one, to essentially playing Starscream. And it made him mad. Now in AOE he's organizing his own return.

8. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I voted The Fallen.

9. Finchfan000

Finchfan000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Fallen is an easy choice for me. So much build up, in fact you even name the movie after him, and he last 5 seconds in a fight with Prime.
    I was prepared for an epic battle and was left extremely disappointed.

10. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Fallen and Shockwave were wasted.

The Fallen was introduced far too early and killed off too easily. It should have taken more than Optimus (plus dead robot parts) to defeat him. Half the time he came across as a Palpatine wannabe (complete with dialogue ripped straight out of Star Wars), but I did like his use of 'the Force'.

Shockwave, who in some continuities is considered a rival of Megatron, even a Decepticon leader in his own right, was reduced to a pretty anonymous pet keeper. In some ways an even greater waste of potential than the Fallen.

Megatron started out impressive until he got killed by a mere human, and then came back as the lackey of not one, but two masters. Has any other Megatron willingly served another? Even his future alternative G1 self had to be forced to serve Unicron. And any other Megatron would have flattened Sam's girlfriend after her little 'pep talk'.

Well, movie Megatron/Galvatron still has a chance to get his act together, I hope that Shockwave and the Fallen will one day be portrayed the way they were meant to be.

11. st.ranger

st.ranger Emperor of Destruction

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Fallen and Shockwave, even if Shockwave was not main villain, he was stupid. At least Megatron killed Jazz.

12. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    The Fallen, easily. "I'm gonna get your sun" is all he did. Shockwave, we learned, was at least intended to be a nobody, albeit an incredibly tough nobody. And Megatron was an excellent, flawed and human villain with some depth and an arc during the first trilogy.

13. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    The Fallen had so much potential