"We will kill them all.."

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by General Magnus, Jun 29, 2011.

1. ColdRod

ColdRod Well-Known Member

Prime in the movieverse is near a breakdown, look at the progression of his personality over the course of the 3 movies...

TF1 - Noble Warrior
    TF2 - Face Taking Leader
    TF3 - Slightly Manic, Homicidal Butcher

Seriously, in TF3 he seems to ENJOY all the butchering (see thread title) and even incorporates dance at one point, skipping and twirling through hoards of exploding Decepticons like some kind of inhumane Billy Elliot ala Zumba Prime..... :sly: 

2. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

How, exactly, is it any different than the 1986 film, where he goes on a killing spree, takes out a dozen enemies, then battles Megatron to the death? He was about to execute an unarmed Megatron at the end of that fight too.

Quick, somebody call the waaaambulance!

The line was totally in character, totally appropriate, totally justified, and totally awesome. I love hearing Prime utter the lines that he would have been saying in the 80's if the cartoon weren't aimed at 5 year olds.

3. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol 

4. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

Hmm. The scene you are talking about reminded me heavily of the classic scene from the '86 movie of him running over, then transforming and gunning down, half the freaking decepticons. Except about 8 times as awesome.

Honestly, this whole thread makes about as much sense to me as if people were bitching that, by openly slaughtering humans, vaporizing them, executing them, etc, the Decepticons were totally out of character, since in the cartoon they always just disarmed them whilst saying threatening things.

5. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Probably because he did most of the killing there dispassionately. A few gunshots, and boom, done.

Honestly I think the weird escalation of how grotesque they make each death in the movies is also a big contributor. Take when Bonecrusher was killed, it was quick, clean and no nonsense with no silly one liners. Utterly badass and utterly awesome but also devoid of weird fluids flung about.

Also, the fight between Optimus and Megatron in the 86 movie seemed more a duel between equals rather than a viking against a wounded peasant.

6. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

Perhaps, though Vikings don't usually come back from the dead after having their chest ripped out by a peasant who destroyed their homeworld and is in the process of destroying a second one...

7. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    That would probably depend on which Sagas you read :D 

8. hunterelf

hunterelf Decepticon

"Autobots, row out !" would be just fine, and pretty cool
    "kill them all" is just too human, not a leader

9. jon5000

jon5000 Tea-Drinker

In all honesty, I think Michael Bay just though the line 'we'll kill them all' sounded 'cool'... or more probably 'awesome.'

He's not intelligent enough of a filmmaker to appreciate the borderline fascist personality it burdens your hero with.

10. Ceric Neesh

Ceric Neesh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm still giggling over the people who were upset about the Wreckers completely dismembering that Decepticon pilot from a few pages ago. Um, they're the WRECKERS? And they're explicitly described as "Assholes". With emphasis.

As far as Prime goes, I think it fit completely. He hasn't been in a good mood since the beginning of the movie, he's getting more and more pissed because of the humans and the Decepticons both, and it's pretty explicit that Optimus knew that either he lets the Decepticons take Chicago briefly, as much as he hates it, or he doesn't, and the humans eventually tell the Autobots to leave, again, and they don't have any good reason to stick around.

11. BLK-OUT 4500X

BLK-OUT 4500X Well-Known Member

I'm glad Prime's a strong leader in these movies and not a pussy like the cartoons aimed at little kids . You got to be strong in times of war .

12. ColdRod

ColdRod Well-Known Member

I'm not saying him killing decepticons is out of character, its the fashion in which he does it. He is brutal, as someone else said its not just pew pew pew with lasers he dismembers, decapitates, and executes head shots at point blank range.

The 86 movie although a similar scene, is mild in its portrayal.

13. Wu Jen

Wu Jen Some old nobody

You sir obviously did not play the first bay movie Transformers game. You can shoot Decepticons all day long and do jack to them. You have to throw stuff at them and physical attack them. Optimus Prime obviously played it.

And won.

14. OrionsBelt

OrionsBelt Well-Known Member

Oh definitely. I don't kneel,bow or hail anybody, but if Optimus Prime was real, I would have to alter my ways.

15. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    In the first film Prime seemed noble yet still kick ass the way he took out Bonecrusher.
    In ROTF he seemed very oil thirsty so his lines off 'we kill them all' and 'you die now' came as no suprise.

16. Funnymerc

Funnymerc Well-Known Member

defenceless enemies who would probobly go on killing if they weren't stopped.

17. Funnymerc

Funnymerc Well-Known Member

If your old home was destroyed and someone was going to destroy your new home, kill everyone you cared about and betrayed you, I think you'd do whatever it takes to stop them. Anyway all the people he said "we'll kill them all" deserved it, they were going to do the same thing in ROTF and the TF and DOTM.

18. OrionsBelt

OrionsBelt Well-Known Member

I like Prime in movies more than the cartoon. Just my humble opinion.

19. MGX

MGX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Optimus Prime was never a pussy. In the G1 comics and cartoons, for the benefit of the children that it was being sold to, the "war" was usually fought like a game, with some exceptions...both sides attack each other until the other side retreats. The winning team doesn't give chase, but waits for the opposing forces to strike again.

In Bayformers, Optimus ISN'T kiddified. It's a war. In a war, you kill the enemy soldiers, especially enemy commanders.

I had no problem with Movie Prime's "bloodlust" in all three movies, especially when Sentinel killed Ironhide.

20. LesterX

LesterX Banned

Hated that line. Optimus is supposed to be better than that.