"We will kill them all.."

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by General Magnus, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Made this for a signature, here is the full size image. Seems appropriate for this thread.

[​IMG]

2. ARCTrooperAlpha

ARCTrooperAlpha Well-Known Member

Ebay:

Dude. Soundwave did die. Q didn't have much impact for me, so I took it in stride (My god, they're copying the Nazis)

What? After thousands of years, do you even think Prime tried diplomacy with the Decepticons at all? Hell no. They killed Demolisher !!!

Hear, hear my friend. This Optimus' overly psychotic.

3. shizen22

shizen22 Subaru's drill punch

News Credits:
    I didn't really mind the actual line however it does highlight the fact that the DOTM Prime is hardly a family-friendly Prime. As mentioned, all of his major screen kills involve him ripping/bashing/blasting the enemies head off/apart and he showed no compassion at all in his execution of Sentinel. To say Bay raped my childhood is an extreme understatement.

The above also shows that he's a very inconsistent Prime as the DOTM Prime seems quite different from his 1st movie counterpart where he's willing to sacrifice BB rather than hurt humans and he shows some regret in the death of Megatron despite all that's been done. DOTM Prime OTOH doesn't hesitate to rip Meg's head apart and kill Sentinel. To say Bay really sucks at directing is an extreme understatement.

4. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It was an apt comment made in a appropriate situation.

5. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He did also say, before saying that line, that the 'Cons were not going to leave their planet in piece and if it stops them from destroying this world, we will kill them all. (totally butchered that line...)

So yeah, pretty much self explainatory: Shitstorm was gonna happen, Prime wasn't gonna wimp out.

jD001

6. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Oh yeah, it's not like he spent half of both fights with Sentinel BEGGING [almost crying along the way] for him to stop this madness.

7. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    The Decepticons were portrayed a lot better here as more competent, more deadly, more heartless. I wanted those sons of a bitches to die. And in past continuities, I've felt sadness watching a big character like Megatron or Starscream die. This time, I felt no qualm watching Soundwave, Laserbeak, Barricade, and the Dreads die, and now that I'm cleared up on what Megatron meant when he spoke of a truce, I'm happy to watch him die too. Starscream, he went out a bit pathetically, and he never once was treacherous ala every other incarnation ever. Starscream's death was the only one I truly mourned, because he had potential to betray Megatron, but never did.

I would've expected something like, "We will vanquish the Decepticon threat for good today, no matter the cost." Just something a bit more Primey, but the same meaning. "We will kill them all" seems a bit too bloodthirsty, but it's not a bother to me. Again, the Decepticons deserved to die this time around.

8. tfike110

tfike110 G1ToyCollector

Ebay:
    I've been saying this to my friends since the first movie. Movie OP is a stone-cold killer. You cannot plead for your life with him, he is merciless.

Good to see at least one incarnate of OP that doesn't take any SH**.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    He is not a stone-cold killer nor is he merciless. He just doesn't give any quater to those who would defy freedom or hurt the innocent. He's not a pushover. He doesn't let murderers and evildoers off with a slap on the wrist. He's a military commander in a war for the survival of an entire race.

*superepicsunexplodingsupercollidingsuperfacepalm*

10. super mecha

super mecha Well-Known Member

well actually no, he doesnt say anything before the we will kill you line

11. adypax

adypax You didn't betray me, you betrayed yourself.

this is the difference between G1 and Movie Prime..
    G1 Prime would say something like.."let them go ahead..we will fight them another day"
    but Movie Prime would go and say some thing like.."Give me ur head!!..so u wont have to fight another day.."

no offence..i love G1 and every other incarnations of Prime..but this movie Prime,to me, is like the OPTIMUS PRIME i want him to be..
    axe wielding,sword slashing ass kickin fighter that also takes care of his comrades..
    he should be in AdultSwim and should hang around Dethklok...LOL!!!

12. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    After "One shall stand, one shall fall" (Best Prime quote ever) was wasted on the first movie, think the only thing is to just say brutal shit. I like it.

13. Rodimus25

Rodimus25 Well-Known Member

It's called war!!! I see it as no different than TF the movie when he said " Megatron must be stopped no matter the cost" then proceeded to mow down any deception in his way. They are able to show you the realism of said fights, because it is a live action movie.

And like someone else said earlier.. You have to look at the events leading up to what he said. So no, I have no problems with prime's actions considering the fact that it is war... Casualties happen. They would assuredly do it to him if they could... See Megatron forest battle in rotf.

14. daformer

daformer Earth's Reckoning

News Credits:
    so? in 1986 Optimus mowed down the decepticons in vehicle mode! thats not brutal?

15. adypax

adypax You didn't betray me, you betrayed yourself.

^thats raw..hahah

16. AMG

AMG Old School

Neither do I.

17. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    This.

Optimus in this scene was fed up, it all had to end.

18. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I think generally speaking, audiences have grown tired of pussified heroes that don't finish the job. I know I have. Just think of how many times in how many movies or TV shows where you expect AND want some serious damage done to the villain, then at the last second, the hero walks away because it's "beneath him" or morally wrong or whatever. Screw that. If you know that the villain will never stop and keep coming back, then you exterminate the problem. Simple. And by that standard, I'm glad the movie Prime had some balls and didn't pull any punches. Sometimes it takes war to get peace, and I think that's pretty much the whole philosophy behind this version of Prime. Just be thankful they didn't give him a cliche "casually walking away in slow motion while he the bad guys blow up behind him and he never turns around" shot :) 

19. Prime82

Prime82 Optimus knows all

Megatron did stick a blade through him from behind and blow him apart in TF2. That was pretty cold. I wish there was more dialogue but you can't expect that. Unless they got rid of the driller- totally pointless.

20. wchen34

wchen34 Well-Known Member

G1 OP was the most brutal and ruthless OP in the history. I mean comeon run over somebody and didn't give a shit? Poor cons.