We need the fandom to write Transformers 3

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Tyrannosaur, Sep 1, 2009.

?

Who should write Transformers 3?

1. Keep Orci and Kurtzman, noone else

63 vote(s)
    32.6%
  2. Drop Orci and Kurtzman, let the fandom write it

9 vote(s)
    4.7%
  3. Both Orci/Kurtzman and the fandom write it

44 vote(s)
    22.8%
  4. None of the above

77 vote(s)
    39.9%
  1. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I did say NOT as writers; as advisors on history, tech and personalities. Personally I don't even want Dinobots in the movies anyway; I'd prefer more expansion on the characters we've already seen. They would have no input on script or story; just background and such.
    Agreed; the last episodes of Armada turned out to be amazing; it's just a pity the rest of the series wasn't anywhere near as good.

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I know. but if Simon Furman was asked for input on anything, we'd get really fucked up versions of characters. every autobot would be interchangable with every other autobot, and every decepticon would be interchangable with every other decepticon, since the man doesnt really consider personalities and unique dialogue, or way of speaking these days. and yeah, if asked for anything with grimlock, he'd make him out to be a brilliant bad-ass that could probably punch out unicron (I'm glad the energon comic was cancelled before he had the chance), and prime would be constantly self-doubting, depressed, and the most boring, unheroic son of a bitch ever.

this is how he'd describe the characters, as this is the way he portrays the characters whenever he's given the chance.

3. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, Orci and Kurtzman are officially out. Let's just hope Kruger has as much respect for the franchise as they did.

4. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur Well-Known Member

Wow this thread is still going on? lol
    Maybe I went a bit too extreme on this. I just want someone with alot of experience with the franchise who can kinda supervise the entire thing. Y'know, help with the script, robot designs etc. someone with a great, grand knowledge of the franchise would help out alot and will please most of us.

5. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Which is why you have more than one advisor.

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    which is why you dont even give simon furman a chance. too many of the fans (including ben yee) think he can do no wrong, and they'd go along with whatever he said.

7. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hai guys Krueger gonna write the next movie and he's a transformers nerd.

Is that what you wanted?

8. Tyrannosaur

I have no problem with Krueger, Orci or Kurtzman, but isn't krueger the one who added in some of the kiddie-jokes? I know it may sound like an oxymoron but I want a more mature theme for the third movie.

9. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's impossible to know the truth considering that Bob and Alex are too busy saying "hhmm.. .wasn't it guy number 3 that ISN'T US that made that joke?!"

But to be honest, looking at his other movies I doubt it was him.

10. protocida

protocida Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I believe Krueger's main addition were Skids and Mudflaps (Orci and Kurtzman envisioned the Twins as Sideswipe and Sunstreaker), altough Tom Kenny and Reno Wilson molded their voices and mannerisms.

11. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    Well you got your answer, neither one of em' or the fandom is going to help write it, Kruger is going to do it...

Of course I believe he helped Orci and Kurtzman co-write for the first film so he will do a prime job I bet.

12. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    if we had that I doubt that it would work well, some of the more experienced and higher rated fan fic writers on the board might do it well but the fandom would probably take it all too seriously and it would not gel with what has gone before. Plus it would just be filled with fan favourite characters.

Someone proffessional writes it IMO and then we get a little input into some aspects I think would be the best bet.

13. Tyrannosaur

Yeah thats true.

I didn't mind Skids and Mudflap, I found them funny. This whole racist BS was just started to make those who hated the movie hate it even more. To put it simply "They're picking a fight with someone who doesn't even exist"
    If people get offended, don't blame the writers, they decided to develop the character's personality that way, no ethnicity involved.

Back on topic, so Orci and Kurtzman aren't returning unfortunatley. They did an excellent job writing the first movie and the second one wasn't that good because they had such a short time to finish it up, Bay even began making the movie before the script was finished.

I have confidence in Krueger, but I really wanted Orci and Kurtzman to give him a hand too.

14. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it be good to get actual people who worked directly on a particular Cartoon/Comic/Toyline instead of a fan, since they were directly involved in developing the character?

15. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Now that we just have Kruger maybe some fans should write a script just for the fun of it and in July 2011 we could compare the fan scripts to Kruger's script to see which one seems better.

16. Tyrannosaur

Ash_from_Carolina I totally agree with you both. I don't doubt Krueger's talents but I'm interested to where he takes the franchise. DarthBane2007 thats what I started this thread on. I want someone with alot of knowledge and alot of experience with this franchise. This way we can have more character development with some of the transformers like IronHide, Ratchet, Optimus Prime, Megatron, Starscream etc.

17. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    We need a poll like '' Bob Orci and Alex Kurtzman not returning for TF3. Yay or Nay. ''

18. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

I'm totally gonna do that now.

19. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

You know, this is a good idea IN THEORY. The reality of it is that, while we might be able to get better character development, it'll be whichever characters said fan who writes it likes the most. For example, I like Shockwave. I might write a story about how Shockwave kills Wheelie. Someone else who likes Wheelie might write it the other way around. People who like Optimus or Megatron or whoever would most likely watch my Shockwave movie and complain that Optimus and Megatron didn't get enough development. Not to even get started on things like pulling stuff from various continuities. If a fan writes it, it's just going to be a mess.

20. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Yea it's kind of hard to say exactly where he will take things since the last movie everyone could just say it was the other guy's idea. Now it's pretty much his ideas so we will have to see where those ideas go. Good, bad, sort of tough to call for sure until we have something sci fi/superhero of his to go on.