Wave 2 Box Information and pack distribution rates

Discussion in 'Transformers Trading Card Game (TCG) Discussion' started by Dolf, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Dolf

Dolf New England Transformers Collectors Group member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This information was pulled from this recent Amazon listing:

https://www.amazon.com/Transformers...QKRVaucG34RhzLsBUyRzMIcd--pelWHiI9jjAHS62SAZU

• 30 BOOSTER PACKS: RISE OF THE COMBINERS sees the battlefield changed forever as the mighty, towering Combiners come into play for the first time.
    • PREPARE FOR BATTLE: Approximately 1 in 2 RISE OF THE COMBINERS Booster Packs contains a Character Card needed to form a Combiner character.
    • COMBINE! Each Combiner Character Card is the size of a standard Transformers TCG character card, but has a Combiner piece on one side, and the Alt and Bot modes of a character on the other. Combiner Character Cards have a reinforced hinge in the center, allowing them to fold between their three modes!
    • ROLL OUT! Each RISE OF THE COMBINERS booster pack includes 1 foil Transformers Character Card and 7 Battle Cards. Most Booster Packs contain 1 Rare Battle Card. Chance of Super Rare Transformers Character Card 1:50 Booster Packs.
    • CONVERT! You can flip the Transformers Character Cards in Booster Packs from Bot Mode to Alt Mode and backā€”and one side of each Character Card is foil!
    • Notes: Game and rules in English only. Rules not included in package. Multiple character cards are needed to form a Combiner. Each Combiner team has its own Enigma Card, which is required to assemble the component characters into the full Combiner.

This information was confirmed by a WOTC staff member who posts on Facebook....

So the "improved" the pull rate of Super Rares and there is an approximate 1:2 ratio for pulling a character from one of the many combiners, although the distribution of the rares are yet to be seen in comparison to wave 1 where it was anywhere from 0 to 4 per box....

*Not sure if this is newsworthy or not, but figured I'd post

• Like Like x 1
  2. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So 1:50 for SRT in this set compared to Wave 1's 1:79. Aye better odds, but we'll still be buying boxes like it was no tomorrow :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dolf

Dolf New England Transformers Collectors Group member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Basically, now you only need to buy 6.5 boxes for potentially all 4 instead of 10, lol

4. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did they drop the rate of getting rare battle cards? They used to be in every booster right?

5. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    Not as bad. I'm fine with 1:50 but still don't like having 4. Some guy on the TCG Facebook page opened a whole booster box and didn't get a single rare. Now that sucks. If I can keep buying booster boxes to get cards and at least make 57% of the case cost back from selling the other cards, I'll be okay. But it's all about how much the cards end up going for.

6. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    Yes, 4 common, 2 uncommon, 1 rare was the old ratio. I don't see them changing this

7. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But now it says this "Most Booster Packs contain 1 Rare Battle Card. "

8. Sick2Move

Sick2Move well i thought that you said that

My understanding (I'm pretty sure it was posted somewhere back when Wave 1 was releasing) is that it's 1 Rare Battle Card per booster unless there's a Rare/Super Rare Character in the pack.

9. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Battle card rarity distribution has not been changed. It's still 4 C, 2 UC, 1 Rare. The above is addressing Character distribution come Wave 2.

10. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This definitely makes me feel a bit better regarding the extra SRs. Still not ideal (though tbh ideal would be that TFs have no rarity at all), but makes me willing to go in on Wave 2 without reservations.